Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will the Rovers ever Return? Your pub megathread, Part 2 - threadbans in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,692 ✭✭✭hynesie08

saabsaab wrote: »
    I'm sure most local barmen in the country at least, will know you well and all about you too. No ID needed even know if you have the vax or not. Only outside need show ID.

Be that as it may, a document will only have one of your pps or dob to avoid massive identity theft.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,200 ✭✭✭MrMusician18

hynesie08 wrote: »
    Be that as it may, a document will only have one of your pps or dob to avoid massive identity theft.

Why would it need either?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭saabsaab

True enough. Age alone should be enough for this.

Obviously nobody has ever brought their wallet out before.

'Identity theft' is the lamest, most clutching, excuse I've heard for this :D

• Registered Users Posts: 37,773 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Obviously nobody has ever brought their wallet out before.

'Identity theft' is the lamest, most clutching, excuse I've heard for this :D

What's a wallet

Sure you can pay for stuff contactless nowadays

• Advertisement

PTH2009 wrote: »
    What's a wallet

Sure you can pay for stuff contactless nowadays

Everywhere? I mustn't have been in a pub in years so.

I agree, should just be a qr code, pointing out that no document will have your PPS and date of birth on them.

Talking to a friend today who manages a pub and he reckons a lot of the pubs in the smaller towns/villages around the country wont enforce the rule that you will have to be vaccinated to have drinks indoors. You will more than likely see it in the bigger towns/cities

• Registered Users Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭saabsaab

Talking to a friend today who manages a pub and he reckons a lot of the pubs in the smaller towns/villages around the country wont enforce the rule that you will have to be vaccinated to have drinks indoors. You will more than likely see it in the bigger towns/cities

Probably won't need to as they know the ages and many are vaxed now.

saabsaab wrote: »
    Probably won't need to as they know the ages and many are vaxed now.

Well he said that he wont be asking a person if they are vaccinated or not. After being closed over 16 months he will be welcoming everyone back. Vaccinated or not

• Advertisement

Well he said that he wont be asking a person if they are vaccinated or not. After being closed over 16 months he will be welcoming everyone back. Vaccinated or not

That attitude is why they could remain closed. Play ball and get opened up or stop moaning about being closed.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,104 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

"Stop moaning" says the guy not affected to the people that are.

Attitudes like yours are why people stopped giving a ****.

"Stop moaning" says the guy not affected to the people that are.

Attitudes like yours are why people stopped giving a ****.

But they’ll have enough to fill the place as much as they’re allowed even if they ask for proof of vaccine. So unless they’re planning on overcrowding then why go that route in what’s only an act of defiance? This is a route to quicker opening so why not take it?

I don’t normally see pub owners as moaning, far from it, but in a case like above then that’s all it is.

Dr Tony will have his scouts on the ground visiting every pub (only a joke)

That attitude is why they could remain closed. Play ball and get opened up or stop moaning about being closed.

Play ball over some stupid [EMAIL="fu@king"]fu@king[/EMAIL] rule that NPHET have come up. Are any other country in Europe that has indoor open using the same thing. No they are not. Only the gob****es running this country would come up with something like that

Play ball over some stupid [EMAIL="fu@king"]fu@king[/EMAIL] rule that NPHET have come up. Are any other country in Europe that has indoor open using the same thing. No they are not. Only the gob****es running this country would come up with something like that

https://www.irishtimes.com/life-and-style/food-and-drink/indoor-hospitality-around-the-eu-vaccine-certs-ventilation-and-early-last-calls-1.4606765

7 by my count.

hynesie08 wrote: »

My bad. Stupid [EMAIL="fu@king"]fu@king[/EMAIL] rule anyway. Just open up hospitality and learn to live with covid. Anyone who is afraid to go to a pub stay at home

• Registered Users Posts: 9,952 ✭✭✭Degag

Dr Tony will have his scouts on the ground visiting every pub (only a joke)

Hilarious.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭PommieBast

Lot of them did play ball last summer and they still remained closed. Personally I think 16 or so months of zero revenue is a perfectly good reason to moan.

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭crooked cockney villain

My bad. Stupid [EMAIL="fu@king"]fu@king[/EMAIL] rule anyway. Just open up hospitality and learn to live with covid. Anyone who is afraid to go to a pub stay at home

Have to love all these lefties moaning "what about the unvaccinated young staff?".

Where exactly are these mysterious young people who are terrified of catching Covid?

Only ones out there seem to be Paul Murphy/ Brid Smith etc youth wings, none of whom would know what a workplace even looked like.

• Advertisement

Only ones out there seem to be Paul Murphy/ Brid Smith etc youth wings, none of whom would know what a workplace even looked like.

Ah sure they probably worked in McDonald's or the local family pubs and the likes for the summer to pay for college

Tenzor07 wrote: »
    Having to present all your personal data just to go for a pint? No thanks!

And i'd say many will be the same, after all for the past 16 months pubs have been closed and people have adapted by having their own little bar at home with beer taps etc... Especially going into the Autumn and winter people will just stay home and have house parties as they have been doing...

It's funny, I ran into a regular from one of my old locals for first time since lockdown, he would have been every night after work for 5 or 6, far more at the weekend. He looked fresher than ever, said he doesn't miss it and isn't fussed about them re opening, drinks irregularly now.

On the flip side, I have barely drank in a pub on a weeknight in years now, couldn't hack the hangovers in work, yet after being deprived for so long I think I'll quite regularly tip out to watch a match on a Wednesday night this winter and have a calm four or so pints (in the old days there's no way my willpower would restrict me to four :pac:)

If Der Fuhrer even allows it by then.

Ah sure they probably worked in McDonald's or the local family pubs and the likes for the summer to pay for college

I very much doubt it. A quick look at Twitter will tell you that most party activists genuinely believe that teenagers in their first jobs in food/ retail/ hospitality should be on 40 odd grand a year and anything less is exploitation. These people are nothing short of insane.

They believe the dole itself should pay more than a current minimum wage full time job.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Have to love all these lefties moaning "what about the unvaccinated young staff?".

Where exactly are these mysterious young people who are terrified of catching Covid?

I guess I'm a leftist so :) Personally I don't think any employer should be allowed put their staff in a situation that breaks health and safety guidelines ever, no exceptions. Pubs, meat factories or anywhere else. Whether they agree with the rules or not. One can absolutely think the rules are a shambles and personally I've said I don't think the rules being discussed for reopening are workable but that doesn't allow you to just ignore them.

A week or so away from a pint and I can't even get excited. You can predict the next few weeks a mile off.

Within a week- footage goes viral of some small town pub full of dozens people too young to have the vaccine.

Mix that with a rise in cases,.Tony comes out and says they all need to close because pubs can't be trusted to enforce the checks.

With any luck that will be the straw that breaks the camel's back, an absolute call to arms, civil disobedience, pubs refusing to follow the order, street protests, the whole lot. I want this stuff to force an early election, I want people jailed, left bankrupt by civil actions, the whole lot of it.

The pubs really are been taken for a ride by the government and NPHET. This new system will be chaos and its very hard to see places enforcing it successfully. People with only 1 dose been disqualified through no fault of their own

MM saying its about safety and not discrimination

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭PommieBast

Has anyone actually received a vaccination certificate? We were told that they would all be emailed out by today, but my inbox is empty...

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭Roxxers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,440 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Does anyone find it a bit stupid that the vaccine which is meant to give us more freedoms then we’ve had the past year and a half only last a certain time in a pub. Either the vaccine protects us or it doesn’t.

Advertisement