Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Relaxation of Restrictions, Part IX *Read OP For Mod Warnings*

Options
1325326327328329331»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭Timmy O Toole

Multipass wrote: »

This strain is able to enter school buildings unlike other variants

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭ypres5

Did you miss the 1million+ Germans protesting against lockdown despite stay at home orders? Your talking some ****e lad

All fascists lad, all one million of them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭the kelt

A two johnnies variant!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,116 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

arctictree wrote: »
    Just off the phone to a colleague in the US. He booked a covid vaccine yesterday and got it today. No restrictions where he lives, just get the vaccine if you believe you are at risk. Totally different mindset than here...

Will be able to do the same in my state from April 5th too. They have all the vulnerable people vaccinated at this stage so its open to anyone over 16 from then. They really did a good job with vaccines, we'll be back to normal by the summer hopefully. Maybe I'll be able to travel somewhere if ireland ever issue me a passport

Ah ok pedestrian road safety is the basis of your argument.

The reason of course for the caution displayed by the pedestrians, is because the drivers in that country are some of the most aggressive on the planet, and jaywalking will not end well for the pedestrian.

Of course the Irish government got the right to protest suspended while the media implied anyone who participated was a far right, anti vaccine nuttjob.

Now ironically, your suggesting that because the Irish aren’t protesting they are wrong.

Yes, I see it needs to be spelled out.

I agree with the right to protest.
    I disagree with the motives of those who chose to protest here.
    I agree some restrictions such as click and collect, 5km and construction are overly conservative, but also agree with the general aims of the restrictions.
    I understand that restrictions are not a shopping list of items where everything restricted is automatically riskier than everything not, but a suite of actions intended to reduce transmission by the required amount while allowing activities deemed essential to continue. It’s why Tesco open, penny’s closed doesn’t make sense from an epidemiological point of view, but does from the essential nature of one versus the other. The authorities, rightly or wrong have judged that in the knowledge that there will be a level of non compliance, the current restrictions are what is required to achieve the epidemiological outcome. The reason some countries choose different sets of measures is down to their individual assessment of what is required in the knowledge of how their people behave. And that was my point re the Germans. They are not legislating on the basis of the few thousand or even tens of thousands of lockdown protestors, but on the knowledge that among the bulk of the population compliance will be extremely high. In Ireland people, most people I would bet, never get involved in wide scale protest, but do give themselves the small “personal” allowances- sure it’s ok for me to visit Johnny and Mary, its ok for my kids to go on a play date, it’s ok for me go to that house party etc, as it’s always someone else’s fault. That in essence is why the Irish authorities have gone stricter.

What gets me on this thread is not the fact that people question the level of restrictions. In some cases I agree with a few of the points. It’s the bizarre nonsense that is peddled about the motivations of those making decisions. For me, they are trying their best, you can argue that their best is rubbish. In fact both the most ardent proponents of restrictions and the harshest critics would argue that very point for the exact opposite reasons.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

This shows how schools are absolutely not safe

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭dalyboy

ceadaoin. wrote: »
    Will be able to do the same in my state from April 5th too. They have all the vulnerable people vaccinated at this stage so its open to anyone over 16 from then. They really did a good job with vaccines, we'll be back to normal by the summer hopefully. Maybe I'll be able to travel somewhere if ireland ever issue me a passport

My kids need their passports renewed but it’ll be probably 6 months by the time the finger will be out in the passport office.

I just checked
    You don’t need a passport to go to the UK. Drivers license (kids birth certificate should suffice)

UK is not anywhere in my top 100 holiday desired destinations but it’ll be 100 times more normal than this asylum by this coming summer.

Pathetic

https://m.independent.ie/irish-news/politics/tanaiste-tells-tds-of-deterioratingcovid-19-situation-and-fears-relaxing-lockdown-could-make-it-worse-40236679.html

Embarrassment

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/live-ireland-lockdown-updates-after-23778339.amp

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement