Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Relaxation of Restrictions, Part IX *Read OP For Mod Warnings*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,962 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Yet another excuse for our leaders to hide behind

How come some of the other EU nations can open up a lot of stuff while going through the same vaccine issues ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,634 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

Stheno wrote: »
    From the article

Christ.

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭Breaston Plants

Absolute shambles of a government. Spineless.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,719 ✭✭✭hynesie08

I mean there's also this.
    He said the second highest priority was people’s mental health and giving them “some relief” and “a little bit of extra freedom

• Registered Users Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭FintanMcluskey

hynesie08 wrote: »
    I mean there's also this.

They weren’t concerned for mental health for about 12 months now

It’s about time

• Advertisement

That’s likely one of the more self contradictory posts I’ve seen in a while

It’s true. The Germans will obey the rules but look for rules to be changed, we just ignore what we don’t like.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,303 ✭✭✭landofthetree

https://www.dublinlive.ie/news/health/ireland-pubs-restaurants-hairdressers-reopening-20248520.amp?utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=sharebar&__twitter_impression=true
    It’s believed that May 24 may be the next date that could see the return for hairdressers, but sources stress that even this far-off date is completely dependent on Covid case and vaccination numbers between now and then.

Bars and restaurants are expected to remain closed until at least the middle of June - or possibly longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭Don't Chute!

Boggles wrote: »
    According to some one this thread construction is closed, so how is there cases at all? :confused:

Actually it's the highest amount of cases for a single week on the graph.

Just doesn't make any sense.

What a ridiculous post! You do know about essential construction right? I wonder about you Boggles. Is that you DON’T understand or is it that you WON’T understand?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,239 ✭✭✭Elessar

He said that even with vaccinating all of the elderly and vulnerable there would be 35 hospitalisations for every 1,000 positive cases which would not be sustainable.

Protect the vulnerable they said.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭ypres5

That’s likely one of the more self contradictory posts I’ve seen in a while

Ignoring all the demonstrations that have been taking place all across germany the past months. methinks raind should stick to amateur psychology

• Advertisement

It’s true. The Germans will obey the rules but look for rules to be changed, we just ignore what we don’t like.

What’s this I see about us ignoring rules?

Have all businesses being continuing as normal?

Why are tens of thousands of construction workers on PUP if we ignore rules?

Why have the largest Covid debt pile of all EU countries if we ignore rules?

If we ignore rules why am I not able to watch the match and have dinner in my local pub tonight?

Why has my barber closed if we ignore rules?

I don’t understand this attitude that the Irish ignore rules

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭paw patrol

What a ridiculous post! You do know about essential construction right? I wonder about you Boggles. Is that you DON’T understand or is it that you WON’T understand?

he is pure entertainment a windup merchant.

you could have a builder on here saying the garda shut him down today and Boggles would counter that Tom Parlon whatsapp'd him 5 mins ago saying they had so much building work on they were giving lads free houses just cos they showed up for work and were calling all the irish diaspora home.

If we ignore rules why am I not able to watch the match and have dinner in my local pub tonight?

It's just the usual continental european master race guff you see brought up as a stick to beat the filthy irish, completely ignorant of the reality of the fact that there's been protests and borderline riots in countries more lenient than us in regards to lockdown

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Ironhead93

arctictree wrote: »
    Just off the phone to a colleague in the US. He booked a covid vaccine yesterday and got it today. No restrictions where he lives, just get the vaccine if you believe you are at risk. Totally different mindset than here...

I'd usually never want to live in America but at least they're getting on with their lives, we're such a joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭paw patrol

ypres5 wrote: »
    It's just the usual continental european master race guff you see brought up as a stick to beat the filthy irish, completely ignorant of the reality of the fact that there's been protests and borderline riots in countries more lenient than us in regards to lockdown

they forgot about sweden pretty quick when they did a bold thing...
    I remember the early 2000s - sweden the utopia was rammed down our necks nearly daily by our fawning media.
    no more :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭DerekC16

dalyboy wrote: »
    Their prime strategy is kick the can down the road.

I’ll bet that at the end of April it’ll be “just another wee bit to go”
    “The country will be in a far better place come the end of May”
    .......... and on and on it goes.

Ps
    Won’t really care tbh
    Northern Ireland will be opening soon anyways. Up the M1 we will 100% go.

Will definitely be visiting Belfast for a weekend on the piss.

paw patrol wrote: »
    they forgot about sweden pretty quick when they did a bold thing...
    I remember the early 2000s - sweden the utopia was rammed down our necks nearly daily by our fawning media.
    no more :pac:

now sweden is spoken of like it's the incestuous love child of mordor and north korea

Ignoring all the demonstrations that have been taking place all across germany the past months. methinks raind should stick to amateur psychology

Demonstrations to get rules changed.

Germans are renowned for obeying rules and overthrowing the prevailing order. It’s hard to believe when you come to a pedestrian crossing in Munich at 2am with no car moving in the vicinity, that the people standing there who tut as you cross on red are the same as those who produced Martin Luther, Karl Marx and many more

Germans are renowned for obeying rules and overthrowing the prevailing order. It’s hard to believe when you come to a pedestrian crossing in Munich at 2am with no car moving in the vicinity, that the people standing there who tut as you cross on red are the same as those who produced Martin Luther, Karl Marx and many more

Ah ok pedestrian road safety is the basis of your argument.

The reason of course for the caution displayed by the pedestrians, is because the drivers in that country are some of the most aggressive on the planet, and jaywalking will not end well for the pedestrian.

Of course the Irish government got the right to protest suspended while the media implied anyone who participated was a far right, anti vaccine nuttjob.

Now ironically, your suggesting that because the Irish aren’t protesting they are wrong.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.france24.com/en/europe/20210320-german-police-clash-with-protesters-over-covid-19-restrictions

https://www.politico.eu/article/anti-corona-restrictions-protests-responsible-for-coronavirus-outbreak-study-shows/

If the german master race narrative helps you sleep at night then keep smoking that copium

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Feria40

DerekC16 wrote: »
    Will definitely be visiting Belfast for a weekend on the piss.

So which airport is which again in Belfast :D must get planning.

P.s. I know there is / will be a potential £5k fine for traveling to the airport in England but I expect that will have fallen away in plenty time for the Summer. Not sure if NI has the same fine planned

What happens in public tends to be obvious.

Seriously, do basic concepts need to be spelled out?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭growleaves

No easing of restrictions on April 5th but to keep up morale Ronan Glynn will be announcing Fungie's safe return.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,284 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Government are really going to string us along with the doom and gloom and then throw us a mercy bone and ease restrictions on the 5th.

growleaves wrote: »
    No easing of restrictions on April 5th but to keep up morale Ronan Glynn will be announcing Fungie's safe return.

Will the new hotel quarantine rules apply to fungie? If they don't I'll be on the phone to Joe duffy right away

Christ.

You will notice I referenced revolutionaries not fascists. And then the petty slur.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,002 ✭✭✭Shelga

Micheal is a weak, meek and indecisive leader, and we are all paying for it.

Why can't he give us a plan, with preliminary dates attached based on the vaccines expected- ie. "If we have over 70s vaccinated by mid-May, we can have outdoor dining and non-essential retail open." It could be linked to planned vaccine deliveries and makes it clear that we can only reopen to any great degree once X number of people are vaccinated. At the moment, there is ***ing nothing!

Plan B: "If vaccine doses are not delivered to the country in the volumes expected, then we will have a lower level of reopening but will still have all secondary school pupils back to school and will restart property viewings, with safety guidelines in place."

Just give us some ****ing dates, a plan, make it contingent on certain deliverables, but give us something! This April 5th crap is not enough. Go beyond April 5th. What is the plan for hospitality to have some kind of summer? Show some leadership, make the tough choices, commit to SOMETHING, for the love of christ.

The man was Minister for Enterprise, Trade and Employment from 2004-2008, when the sh*t hit the fan in this country the last time. And somehow he is now our Taoiseach?? It beggars belief.

Fianna Fail could have had a proper clear out of their front bench at that time, thought about not just the next 2 years but the next 20, and how to appeal to people like me- 33 years old. But no. Poor Micheal wants to be Taoiseach, so he gets to be, despite having tepid support at best and not a notion of a plan as to how to get us out of this complete mess. And too timid to tell the EU that they have f**ked up royally with the vaccine rollout.

I was forced to emigrate to England the last time he and his dire party were in power, and it's like nothing has changed in the last 15 years.

I don't know what this rant is meant to achieve, I am just absolutely at the end of my tether and wish we had a real leader at this crucial moment in our country's history.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Multipass

Christ.

You will notice I referenced revolutionaries not fascists. And then the petty slur.

so what separates a good anti lockdown protest from a bad one and what was the slur I used?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭Timmy O Toole

Did you miss the 1million+ Germans protesting against lockdown despite stay at home orders? Your talking some ****e lad

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement