Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where will you go first?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Ubbquittious

If I could go soon it would be Malta. If we get a spell of good weather here first im very tempted by Greenland

• Registered Users Posts: 32,402 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

When this neverending **** show of a pandemic eventually exits stage left, and we are once more allowed to depart this soggy Isle of mediocrity. What will your first destination be?

For us in the boot house we can't wait to get back to Efteling in the Netherlands, magical place, like Disney but darker, more European and not as much of a ripoff.

Can't wait to hit up Berlin again, was there just before this **** all hit, only scratched the surface, need to see more.

Then the obligatory sun holiday to somewhere pleasant cheap and likely Spanish.
    Italy for my honeymoon....I was due to go April 2020...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

Think when all this is over I’ll book us in and treat myself to a stiff one at the Snowdonia bar at Butlins; Pwllheli.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,156 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

Well I am abroad (Switzerland) for thirty years... but due to health, have been isolating for the best part of a year.

At this stage I’d settle for being able to walk the 100m or so to the local restaurant of an evening, order a coffee or a beer and play a game of cards with the neighbors as we used to do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 325 ✭✭Doctor Roast

Skegness

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭Bigfatmichael

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Go see son , his partner and granddaughters . So near and yet so far , about fifteen miles away :)

Just go if you haven't already, meet outside or sit in your car with the heating on and socially distance.

Nothing is worth that.

Vice Versa obviously that they could do the same with you.

I know restrictions are there for a reason but nothing is worth that.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,201 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Anywhere non essential that's more than 5km away sounds marvelous these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭Montage of Feck

jmlad2020 wrote: »
    Second Berlin. An absolute fantastic city I never get tired of. Usually visit each summer. Amazing nightlife as is Amsterdam. I may even decide to move over to Berlin or Amsterdam to look for employment.

Interrailling Europe again is also on my list. Would love to see Serbia, Croatia and Italy by train.

I'll see ye' all in the KitKatClub! :o

🙈🙉🙊

• Registered Users Posts: 15,177 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

I will come and give you all hugs. Even the people i have argued with on here.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Ireland. Haven’t been home since September ‘19. It’s killing me now.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Would love to move to Berlin but unfortunately am in non-software engineering and it's weirdly the one spot in Germany where it's a bad fit. Netherlands is a definite runner though, liked the look of that a lot.

What kind of engineering? Eindhoven is probably the place for you.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

Brian? wrote: »
    Ireland. Haven’t been home since September ‘19. It’s killing me now.
    Awh sweetie. I hope it comes fast for you.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,048 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Feisar wrote: »
    Getting out will be like Logun’s Run!
    Killing everyone over 29 years old ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Samsonsmasher

bazz26 wrote: »
    Anywhere non essential that's more than 5km away sounds marvelous these days.

What's stopping you? There's zero enforcement on public transport in the Dublin area.

I will do a grand tour of central Europe.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

Dublin for some heroin soup.

Just go if you haven't already, meet outside or sit in your car with the heating on and socially distance.

Nothing is worth that.

Vice Versa obviously that they could do the same with you.

I know restrictions are there for a reason but nothing is worth that.

I would say not being the cause of someone’s sickness or death within sight of finishing line is worth it.

Imagine having to explain to one of the grandkids that grandma/grandpa died because you could not wait a couple of months until they had the vaccine!

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭FrKurtFahrt

Vietnam. Absolute mayhem and fun - for a few days of cheap drink and eye-opening havoc, before another few days luxuriating at one of those beach resorts where you just kick back and relax totally. A culture-vulture rail trip around Italy either. Like many here though, a pint in my local would be bliss.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,453 ✭✭✭FishOnABike

To the beach the first day there's any half decent swell. It's just teasing me at the moment. I'm less than 5km from the coast but more than 5km from the nearest surf spot. So near and yet so far.

• Registered Users, Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,209 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

Before Covid I had trips to Tirana, Marseilles, Glasgow and a Caribbean (cruise) booked so I'll hopefully pick up where I left off when it's safe to do so. I only took 4 days annual leave last year and I have no plans to use any more before the leave year rolls over again so I will have a whole load of it to use for when I can actually go somewhere again. Would love to head to Japan and Colorado as well.

Would love to head to Japan and Colorado as well.

They would seem to be very different places. At least to me. You must be a very interesting traveler. :)

• Advertisement

What's stopping you? There's zero enforcement on public transport in the Dublin area.

Maybe maturity, responsibility, concern for other people and one’s community, the things adults are supposed to do....

If that does not work, maybe the fact that we have no idea of an long term consequences of having had this virus may be and avoiding it for a few more months might be a good idea...

Adults should not need supervision, they should know in a dangerous situation you take the minimum risk necessary not the maximum one available.

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭The chan chan man

Knockin shop

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭Nodster

gmisk wrote: »
    Italy for my honeymoon....I was due to go April 2020...

Feel for you, we booked ours for San Francisco the Saturday following 9/11, so postponed it for a year

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

I will come and give you all hugs. Even the people i have argued with on here.

Hugs back. A virtual one

• Registered Users, Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,209 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

They would seem to be very different places. At least to me. You must be a very interesting traveler. :)

I'd love to head to Colorado. Start in Denver and make my way to some of the Rocky Mountain towns there. I lived in the Canadian Rockies for a while and it was the most lovely place. I haven't seen much of the US Rockies though, I've been to some of the mountain towns in Montana but I'd love to check out some of the ones in Colorado.

Hugs back. A virtual one

:p
    Thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭simongurnick

Hopefully next Christmas back to Ireland. Surprise the mother and just show up.
    And if I can swing it after that a week in Cuba or mexico

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭SeaMermaid

Connemara - for a hooley at the Station House and to take in some spectacular views of Connemara.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭PhilOssophy

See my parents who are more than 5km away. Give my mother a hug.
    Its the small things.
    Anything after that is a bonus.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

When this neverending **** show of a pandemic eventually exits stage left, and we are once more allowed to depart this soggy Isle of mediocrity. What will your first destination be?

For us in the boot house we can't wait to get back to Efteling in the Netherlands, magical place, like Disney but darker, more European and not as much of a ripoff.

Can't wait to hit up Berlin again, was there just before this **** all hit, only scratched the surface, need to see more.

Then the obligatory sun holiday to somewhere pleasant cheap and likely Spanish.

Short term, Berlin and Ibiza.

Long term, Thailand.

Advertisement