Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) No trading

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13 MylesH

Hi all

Long-time lurker here.

Would you think it's worth studying Undue Influence (under Rescission) for this sitting as it apparently came up in the last sitting?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4 tp20363

Hi All

General FE1 question for law graduates. Appreciating that everyone studies at a different pace, how much time would you need to comfortably cover material for 4 fe1s if studying full time with no other distractions.

Would 4 months be too short a time frame?

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭jus_me

lawgirl23 wrote: »
    Just spoke to them. The lady who answered the phone was lovely. She took my name and checked, was able to tell me that they received it and it was sent on to the Partner who is dealing with all the applications.

So I’d say worth calling them to check - even just for your own peace of mind!

Did she mention when we may hear :)

• Registered Users Posts: 38 orlaghs

I'm just wondering if anyone has paid the re-check fee without having access to their script from November?

Is it too much of a risk considering the price? I've been waiting to see if they released the scripts before the 29th but it's looking unlikely

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭lawgirl23

jus_me wrote: »
    Did she mention when we may hear :)

I actually didn’t ask! She just said that they’d gone to the Partner who was reviewing the applications.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 laworlawww

tp20363 wrote: »
    Hi All

General FE1 question for law graduates. Appreciating that everyone studies at a different pace, how much time would you need to comfortably cover material for 4 fe1s if studying full time with no other distractions.

I think 4 subjects in 4 months would definitely be doable! Especially if you're a law graduate so you're not starting from scratch

orlaghs wrote: »
    I'm just wondering if anyone has paid the re-check fee without having access to their script from November?

Is it too much of a risk considering the price? I've been waiting to see if they released the scripts before the 29th but it's looking unlikely

I have paid recheck fee already! My thinking is the sooner it’s paid the sooner I’ll get the result and if I don’t pass the longer I’ll have to study!

• Registered Users Posts: 24 FE1student2021

I have paid recheck fee already! My thinking is the sooner it’s paid the sooner I’ll get the result and if I don’t pass the longer I’ll have to study!

I sent in an email to apply and I got an automated response saying the provisional date for the recheck results is the 19th of February!

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭Lallers96

Any sign of the average grades being posted from the November sitting?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 PostHog

Hey does anyone have grids for Contract, Property or Criminal? Would be very much appreciated

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 Mrlawbody43

Does anyone know if it is foolish to leave out land-based torts (Trespass, Nuisance and Rylands) this paper?

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭awsah

Rylands came up in novmeber so I would leave that out and maybe do nuisance? you could take the risk and leave it all out

Can anyone help me with topics to focus on in equity, or ones that can be cut? i don't even know where to start!

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Fe179user

tp20363 wrote: »
    Hi All

Depends on your study technique - I find it quite easy to memorise material but it has to be in my own writing. Spent about 3/4 weeks writing out notes for 3 subjects and then studied the notes across a 3/4 week period. I passed all three but it depends on your study technique really but I would say 4 months will be loads of time. Focus on exam papers is my advice!

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭ruby1998

For company, if there is a question on liquidation does it generally tend to be on inability to pay debts? Can everything else be left out? Any opinion appreciated!

• Registered Users Posts: 23 EM95

Does anyone know if the result letters were posted?

ruby1998 wrote: »
    For company, if there is a question on liquidation does it generally tend to be on inability to pay debts? Can everything else be left out? Any opinion appreciated!

i would also look over winding up as a shareholder remedy as that can come up

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭FE1Hopefully1

EM95 wrote: »

I don’t think so

I’ve sat three sittings now March April and November and no letter for any

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭phildub

I don’t think so

I’ve sat three sittings now March April and November and no letter for any

Do a gdpr request for your results and they will have to send them in 30 days

phildub wrote: »

https://www.lawsociety.ie/globalassets/documents/education/fe-1/copyfe-1lets.pdf

• Advertisement

I’ve received copies off all my scripts just never received a results letter

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭phildub

I’ve received copies off all my scripts just never received a results letter

Did you specifically request a results letter? If you send a request seeking a list of results for each subject they have to send it

Did you specifically request a results letter? If you send a request seeking a list of results for each subject they have to send it

No haha just assumed they would send it out because that’s what it said online

• Registered Users Posts: 23 EM95

No haha just assumed they would send it out because that’s what it said online

I am the same! Was just wondering as I had been keeping an eye out!

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭Lallers96

EM95 wrote: »

I don't think they do that anymore. I never got one for passing Tort in August

• Registered Users Posts: 20 law1234567

anyone looking to get rid of contract legislation? willing to pay x

Mod
    Sorry, no trading allowed thrú this forum

• Registered Users Posts: 16 decco201

Hi, does anyone have a Tort and EU grid? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Mc96

law1234567 wrote: »
    anyone looking to get rid of contract legislation? willing to pay x

I have contract legislation if you'd like me to post it to you for cost of postage. Just send me a DM!

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Fe119

I have recent EU legislation that I'm willing to send to someone for a reasonable price if anyone needs it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 lawmay

Would anyone have the topics that came up in the last November 2020 sitting for EU? Thanks!

Advertisement