Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) No trading

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29 December22

Thanks that was actually so nice to watch! Best of luck to you too!

• Registered Users Posts: 38 T2020

Would anyone have a sample essay for EU for Art 102 abuse of a dominant position?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 tjh99

Does anyone have marked scripts for Torts from a recent sitting? I have a some sample answers for all other subjects and grids etc if anyone wants to trade, thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭mouzey

How did criminal go today for everyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭catonafence

I thought it was tough, would have been easier if I had known my defences better - it would have given me more scope in my choice of question to answer. The problem questions were fine just took time to get through. How about you?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭AA21

Anyone know what is the story with legislation if your sitting exams in person? Do you have to be there earlier for them to go through it or anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Pc_law

Since the pandemic, they seem to just walk around and randomly check legislation during the course of the exam! In the past, you were required to drop the legislation to the venue the day before.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭catonafence

Hi,

Ive got offer, acceptance, certainty and estoppel learnt. I want to get to consumer protection and exemption clauses, formal req's and misrepresentation and mistake. I know I need more topics. What are you focusing on?

Looking at the grid it seems almost everything comes up and I've heard no predictions.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 sarah2022fe1s

Hi, does anyone have any predictions for Property law - struggling to know what will be important. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Bingo157

how did everyone get on in company? Is it just me or was that paper tough!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 lollypop23

I am so glad someone else thought it was tough. I only had enough for four and then flung together the part b for the crystallisation. I'm terrified as I need to get it this round to begin in Dec 😳

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Bingo157

That corporate borrowing question threw me! I couldn’t do one of the parts so had to leave it and do another question! Fingers crossed that they go easy on marking

• Registered Users Posts: 16 fe1user2022

• Registered Users Posts: 28 FE1_Hun

I thought the questions for company weren't overly difficult but they just were so unexpected, s158 has been there repeatedly the last few sittings, incorporation again but no SLP, I flat out just couldn't do Q4,5,6 and had to wing the 158 question using my companies act and the one case i remembered. I'd covered 11 topics I didn't expect only 3 to appear haha

I got 5 decent answers in. Only referenced Courtney on one answer so i'll lose marks no doubt!!

I done the essay on Turquand/actual/ostensible authority, problem on benefit of incorporation, problem on book debts/retention of title clause (this was a copy and paste from a few years ago), problem on shareholder oppression and defences to director restriction. The shareholder oppression one is the only one I stumbled through, didnt know if it mattered that he was being oppressed in his role as a solicitor in a different company so i just waffled a bit!!

If you average 12 on the other four questions you're probably good for a pass

How have the in-person sittings been going? Is there many there at the sittings?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 fe123456789

Does anyone have the Tort March 2022 paper they can send me, please?

• Registered Users Posts: 29 December22

I was ok with incorporation, restriction and oppression. I had prepared the 2 death of the company problems but I just didn’t think they would come up so my knowledge was very basic and could have made some mistakes. Over all just got very flustered that there was no directors (for the first time since 2013) and some of the other predictions. I was quite rushed at the end because I spent so much time figuring out what questions to do. If I got 11s in my better 3 and 9s in the other two I’d be ok. Just so hard to tell. Overall, not particularly happy. It’s important not to let it not spirits though best thing is to put it out of our heads until results! Onto the next one!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Wrighty101

I am doing similar things to you but I have included consideration and contractual terms

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭lawDani

would anybody have a copy of the company paper from today? i sat it and cant remember the 5 questions i answered and now im freaked!

Rule in Turquands/actual/ostensible authority.

Benefit of incorporation.

Retention of title clause/Books debts

Shareholder oppression

Restriction of director/defences.

There was also a liquidation question but i didnt do it so dont remember!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10 himself there

I answered the cornerstone of corporate governance question mostly about directors meetings and resolutions - how fucked am I in that q?

Did anyone think it was unusual he had one question on s 31 and then s 31 was also part of the second part of the oppression question? Was difficult not to repeat myself!

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Ignacius

He is a tough marker I find. He won’t give marks if it doesn’t answer the question. Hopefully you did well on the other 4. I only did 4 and for the 5th wrote a paragraph and I failed twice before so very anxious.

Best of luck anyway :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Ignacius

Be fine! You answered it correctly.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 iana2017

Any predictions for tort?! Bit lost here...

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭fe1ki5

CONSTITUTIONAL

What is everyone studying?

What is the marking scheme for the exams? Is it 20 per question and do 5?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 Kellyymck8383

im kind of doing everything except president/AG?😬 hoping for decent case notes

Advertisement