Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) No trading

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37 katie-12345

I would have a page each on them as back up. Bail is very straight forward, hasn't been up in a while & when it does it can come up with right to silence or detention etc. if they were up on the last page i would say take the chance and leave them out but they weren't so could be a big possibility be on this paper. Also he usually asks 2 of these criminal procedure areas ie right to silence, arrest. etc.... as 10mark each, i would much rather be able to answer both parts and give a page answer for each rather than have a detailed 3page answer for only 1 part.

Also i would add in the defence of insanity, it is big enough to be asked as an essay q and hasnt been asked yet. if u go back over the previous exam papers u will see he does ask essay qs on a particular defences on some papers.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 fe1time

Does anyone have examiners reports for the last two company sittings? I'm willing to swap materials for any of the other courses!

• Registered Users Posts: 37 tippertruck

Really would like any pointers on Tort. I know the course is huge and just hoping there are areas I can cross off. This is what I’m covering at the moment. Is there anything I should be covering that I’ve left out/ or should I omit one of these??

Negligence, Nervous Shock, Pure economic loss, Professional negligence, trespass, public authorities and state liability, occupiers liability, nuisance, product liability, vicarious liability

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Fe1nov

going of past papers you should be safe enough for 5 questions on the last around 10 papers with these topics and maybe defamation & causation too!

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭AA21

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭swankyslug

Does anyone have an up to date criminal grid? I can swap for other materials :)

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭fe1ki5

I'd recommend covering passing off as it is really easy to understand and remember and will be a Q on its own if it comes up!! Defamation is relatively straightforward too if you have the space to fit it in.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 jcarroll9

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭fe1ki5

CONSTITUTIONAL

Are there any general tactics/tricks for identifying what the questions are asking.

Feel like I still don't know how to spot all the relevant issues.

TIA

• Registered Users Posts: 28 FE1_Hun

Are we allowed to tabulate legislation that we're bringing into the exam lol surely we are but just double checking

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 stressed_depressed

what criminal defences are people learning / in how much detail?

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Kellyymck8383

Mainly focusing on Insanity, defence of dwelling/lawful use of force, and intoxication. Insanity and intoxication came up last time, not that it means much in the criminal exam.

Preparing for 20 mark insanity and defence of dwelling, and 10 mark or part of problem q intoxication.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Kellyymck8383

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Bingo157

Anyone else's upcoming exams not showing up on their dashboard on BetterExaminations? I just checked my account and only one of my upcoming exams in showing up?

• Registered Users Posts: 29 December22

I just checked mine there - company was up on mine a few days ago but now it’s gone

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Bingo157

That's the same with me - there must be just a system error so!

Does anyone have any criminal predictions? I’ve covered pretty much everything, just looking to see if there’s anything I should be paying particular attention to 😅

Ye I have asked a few friends who are doing it and we are all the same!

• Registered Users Posts: 10 himself there

Company:

Hollicourt and Coutt & Co. V Stock

Confused on these two - am I correct in saying that both cases deem the final recipient liable for sums received post petition?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 lawmate123

Has anyone got the last property exam ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 johnf6

Hello all.

My firm John Feaheny and Company Solicitors is looking for a trainee solicitor. We mainly specialize in crime and criminal/human rights advocacy.

If interested please send CV and cover letter (max 1 page) to johnf6@feahenysolrs.ie before 9th October 2022. The ideal candidate will have all, or most, FE1s completed.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 FE1_Hun

COMPANY

The stress is setting in, I don't seem to have studied anything relevant to an answer on Corporate Borrowing or Winding Up. I'm so confused as to how my manual has led me so astray because I wrote notes directly from it as well as exam reports. I'm struggling to see how I will have 5 questions, and I've studied the following;

SLP, Examinership, Director's Duties, Restriction, Shareholder Protection, Retention of Title & Corporate Borrowing, Winding Up, Corporate Authority, Transfer of Shares.

The only thing I have left out (I thought) was Disposition of Assets, and Incorporation because it came up last year, yet I'm just not seeing anything I feel confident answering in the Corp Borrowing and Winding Up past papers. Does anyone have any insight?

• Registered Users Posts: 30 fe1time

I'm doing pretty much the same except replacing examinership and corporate authority with receivership, incorporation and realisation of assets.

What aspects of corporate borrowing have you focused on? Most of the past questions seem to be on fixed/floating charges, book debts and crystallisation. And with winding up, I feel there's a focus on s.604 and 608 dispositions, then inability to pay debts as one of the reasons for a court winding up

Well firstly - don’t stress. I think the priority for the next three days is working with what you know. I would add in Examinership definitely as it is a big prediction from city colleges. One problem only ever comes up and it’s very straight forward. I would learn the essay on the characteristics and crystallisation of floating charges. It’s straight forward. Some people might disagree with me, but I do think it’s a mistake 3 days before the exam to be bombarding yourself with loads of new stuff. I would take the risk and leave everything else from the death of the company out. It is risky but you have a lot of other topics covered. Tbh winding up and realisation is not that big of prediction this sitting so I don’t think it’s worth taking up your last few days of study for it. If you have time I would add in the questions on meetings/resolutions.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 DarthBhfeidir

Hey everyone, best of luck in your exams.

Quick question, though I am not sure how many FE-1 graduates are still here. I passed my final three exams in the March 2022 sitting, however I am yet to receive any letter from the LSI confirming this. I logged into the exam results page, and I can only see my previous three results with “FE-1 In Progress” at the top of the page. Anyone else in the same boat? Did you manage to obtain confirmation that you passed?

Edit: Training firm are looking for confirmation.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Pc_law

Hi guys,

Just wondering if the examiner for criminal is fussy about the precise wording for criminal offences? Like, would you be okay if you have the offence generally correct but the wording is not 100%? Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭fe12022

No he's not fussy, I think if you have the offence correct that what he will be concerned with! He seems like a very nice marker

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭fe12022

What is everyone focusing on for Contract? Has anyone heard any predictions?! feeling slightly overwhelmed by all the material lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭catonafence

hope everyone is doing well, best of luck over the coming days. Sometimes it's hard to remember why we are doing this. For anyone in need of some last minute inspiration.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDzfZOfNki4

I found it really motivating.

Advertisement