Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v10] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,074 ✭✭✭Immortal Starlight

I’ve missed a lot of episodes lately and I’ve just seen the one with Ger and Liam in the confessional. It’s all very tame and has already been done much better on Fleabag. All Ger and Liam did was have a drink and a heated conversation. Hardly shocking stuff especially when they know each other so well.

I’ve missed a lot of episodes lately and I’ve just seen the one with Ger and Liam in the confessional. It’s all very tame and has already been done much better on Fleabag. All Ger and Liam did was have a drink and a heated conversation. Hardly shocking stuff especially when they know each other so well.

I was thinking of Fleabag when I heard about the priest being scandalised, I'm only guessing he hasn't heard about that one!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,087 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

If I was a sugar daddy, she'd be eating in Supermacs, getting gifts from Dealz and having sex with herself. :D Who gets paid to write this utter scutter. Deplorable and predictable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭tupenny

Just waiting for "Haley I am your father"

And then the FC tune

Yes, let's meet by the playground..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,087 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

tupenny wrote: »
    Just waiting for "Haley I am your father"

And then the FC tune

And then Haley whips out a light sabre and screams NOOOOOOOO! over the end credits.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭External Association

Juliet falling for her sugar daddy..

• Registered Users Posts: 30,212 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I normal include spoilers but Pete is due back next week moaning about the house share.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Juliet falling for her sugar daddy..

....who looks younger than her real daddy....:p

Cas and Oulwan out for drinks every night...poor Bella stuck at home ironing i suppose....

• Registered Users Posts: 85,132 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I do enjoy Ger and Liam scenes, they work even if he comes across as an ex junkie alcoholic :p Carol the stalker can pi$$ off try Tommy he is free

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 DocR

Mondo reminds me of Benny Hill strolling around with his belly pointed forwards and one button done up on his jacket.

DocR wrote: »
    Mondo reminds me of Benny Hill strolling around with his belly pointed forwards and one button done up on his jacket.

He reminds me of a dodgy guy selling gates to farmers going around in those shiny black shoes.

Grandeeod wrote: »
    If I was a sugar daddy, she'd be eating in Supermacs, getting gifts from Dealz and having sex with herself. :D Who gets paid to write this utter scutter. Deplorable and predictable.

LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 10,292 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Grandeeod wrote: »
    And then Haley whips out a light sabre and screams NOOOOOOOO! over the end credits.

Ii wonder if she has a long lost twin brother

• Registered Users Posts: 16,293 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

This Carol and Liam thing is just weird, they spend most of the time shouting at each other and now he comes around to her place looking to get the leg over.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

Does Mondo just walk around Carrigstown all day?

Did the sugar daddy buy Juliet stabilisers or did I hear wrong?

I caught the second half of this tonight for the first time in months.
    Some priests will be sending a few emails tomorrow!
    Juliet's sugar daddy is probably young enough to actually date her.
    Microwavegate, enthralling altogether.

Is Cass old wan wife cousin living with Sean and Vinny, you would get a good range microwave for about 80 euros

Norah hasn’t been seen in months, she’s back not even 5 minutes and she already knows that Caddle has been riding the priest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭Sparko

bazermc wrote: »
    Norah hasn’t been seen in months, she’s back not even 5 minutes and she already knows that Caddle has been riding the priest.

They really made it look like she caught the scent of it, literally.

You'd swear microwaves were a new fangled invention the way they're all raving about them.

Microwavegate, enthralling altogether.

I've a feeling it will last for the week.

I can't find me other shoe

• Registered Users Posts: 6,009 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

Pete/Delores spent thousands doing the place up but the tenant's are waiting week's for a an microwave that would only cost about €50, less if he went on Done Deal.

A few weeks back I bought a Samsung Microwave for €180. It will allow you prove bread, make yoghurt, it has an actually oven which is handy enough.
    The yoke she landed on with looked it came from a supermarkets bargain range.(Not that there's anything wrong with that)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭bassy

Microwaves are a thing of the past, anything heated in them is uneatable. .. ... ..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Nokia6230i

What's with the bicycle fixation; started off, briefly with Damien & now Alex is either walking with one in a scene or pedaling along on it in opening scene; even in the late 80s when cars weren't as cheap I can't recall characters with bicycles.

Also Juliet (bearing in mind I've seen Wednesdays preview too); in fairness to RTE Make-Up & Wardrobe how they can make someone they portray as a teenager/young adult (she's 18-21 in this I think) into someone about 24-27 is dead on; we rarely think of those departments when handing out awards sadly.

In Wednesdays show she looks like his boss or something & hard to tell but if I was the actress I'm not sure I'd be comfortable in that get up; in Thursdays & Sundays shows it's like at least his partner but the Sugar Daddy vibe is kind of there too which is icky; still it mirrors, in a way, the Cian storyline when he was her tutor.

Am a bit confused re Liam & Carol + Ger; is Ger legit not interested?

Of course with Juliet/Sugar Daddy & Carol + Liam it all has to be insinuated & if it's anything like Mairead & Damiens Nuptials where there were hand/finger doubles for the ring swapping & brutal attempts at pretending to kiss the bride then it'll be embarrassing.

Pro-tip FC SWs; ask the actors if they've other halves who might fancy making a few quid for such scenes perhaps? Alternatively do it like Eastenders did recently which I think was a combination of that & editing in & out actors for the shifting/close contact scenes.

Re Wardrobe; then I see Carol in tonights episode & wonder does whoever chose her outfit need another go at it?

What was Juliets gift? Looked like a VR Headset?

Never any spark between Alex & her written in by the SWs......

The Fr. Liam & Carol scene in the office; first time they've used that since Robbies passing maybe? Brilliant scene in fairness; plenty of to & fro.

Vinny; the SWs missed a trick by not using the original characters past for her current scenes cos she's legit mirroring some of her earlier behaviour.

Going shopping for a microwave; Vinny, check them out on Argos.ie; be quicker; they're not exactly silly money.

I'm assuming it's a body double, a relation/partner of Phelim Drews who he's actually in the scene with; it's a bit obvious it's not Carol in fairness; try harder SWs please.

A Stabiliser was the gift; what the are they now? I was thinking is she learning to cycle in which case she'd really need two like?

Norah.....ha ha ha! Caught by the shirt & curlies Fr. Liam; so obvious! Legit thought Norah lived there; strange she has a key despite the connection mind.

Til now I never heard of the Thermolux as a brand; every day's a school day!

Microwave issue; I get it but whatever about tenants pulling rank, spending €199 on one? With you all the way Pete; that's an unreal price ha ha!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Nokia6230i

bassy wrote: »
    Microwaves are a thing of the past, anything heated in them is uneatable. .. ... ..

Goodfellas're doing "Pizza Pouches" for €2.50 currently; 2 in each packet; there's a saving of 50 Cents apparently?

Tried 'em over weekend in a microwave and f me I don't know what they were thinking of; 2-2.5 minutes on nuke & they're not the most edible to be fair.

You can bung 'em in oven too of course so I'll try 'em that way next time but I ain't paying more than €2.50 for a pack of 2.

They're kind of a wrap but a pizza slice; it doesn't work.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭thesultan

Nokia6230i wrote: »
    What's with the bicycle fixation; started off, briefly with Damien & now Alex is either walking with one in a scene or pedaling along on it in opening scene; even in the late 80s when cars weren't as cheap I can't recall characters with bicycles.

Also Juliet (bearing in mind I've seen Wednesdays preview too); in fairness to RTE Make-Up & Wardrobe how they can make someone they portray as a teenager/young adult (she's 18-21 in this I think) into someone about 24-27 is dead on; we rarely think of those departments when handing out awards sadly.

In Wednesdays show she looks like his boss or something & hard to tell but if I was the actress I'm not sure I'd be comfortable in that get up; in Thursdays & Sundays shows it's like at least his partner but the Sugar Daddy vibe is kind of there too which is icky; still it mirrors, in a way, the Cian storyline when he was her tutor.

Am a bit confused re Liam & Carol + Ger; is Ger legit not interested?

Of course with Juliet/Sugar Daddy & Carol + Liam it all has to be insinuated & if it's anything like Mairead & Damiens Nuptials where there were hand/finger doubles for the ring swapping & brutal attempts at pretending to kiss the bride then it'll be embarrassing.

Pro-tip FC SWs; ask the actors if they've other halves who might fancy making a few quid for such scenes perhaps? Alternatively do it like Eastenders did recently which I think was a combination of that & editing in & out actors for the shifting/close contact scenes.

Re Wardrobe; then I see Carol in tonights episode & wonder does whoever chose her outfit need another go at it?

What was Juliets gift? Looked like a VR Headset?

Never any spark between Alex & her written in by the SWs......

The Fr. Liam & Carol scene in the office; first time they've used that since Robbies passing maybe? Brilliant scene in fairness; plenty of to & fro.

Vinny; the SWs missed a trick by not using the original characters past for her current scenes cos she's legit mirroring some of her earlier behaviour.

Going shopping for a microwave; Vinny, check them out on Argos.ie; be quicker; they're not exactly silly money.

I'm assuming it's a body double, a relation/partner of Phelim Drews who he's actually in the scene with; it's a bit obvious it's not Carol in fairness; try harder SWs please.

A Stabiliser was the gift; what the are they now? I was thinking is she learning to cycle in which case she'd really need two like?

Norah.....ha ha ha! Caught by the shirt & curlies Fr. Liam; so obvious! Legit thought Norah lived there; strange she has a key despite the connection mind.

Til now I never heard of the Thermolux as a brand; every day's a school day!

Microwave issue; I get it but whatever about tenants pulling rank, spending €199 on one? With you all the way Pete; that's an unreal price ha ha!
    Must have a deal with a leather shop for carols wardrobe. Should colour her a bit with maybe red and brown leather to go with the black

• Advertisement

Advertisement