Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why has Limerick gone to the dogs?

Options

Comments

breezy1985 wrote: »
    Love it when people moan about how s*** Limerick is and then moan about the city having an inferiority complex

I didn't say it's sh1t ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭RandRuns

Augeo wrote: »
    That's just your inferiority complex... Use of words codswallop & boyos suggests you're a potatoe head also.

What in the name of jaysus is a Potato head? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 24,919 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

Every country I know of in Europe seems to have the same 3 places

The capital which despite having the poorest people in the country and the most social deprivation is viewed from the outside as being full of rude snobs and hipsters like London, Paris, Berlin

The place that seems to define itself purely on how not the capital it is or how more "real" it is than the capital. Cork, Munich, Yorkshire

And the place everyone loves to p**s on to make themselves feel better about the dump they live in like Limerick, Marseille or Liverpool

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭sadie1502

That's just your inferiority complex... Use of words codswallop & boyos suggests you're a potatoe head.

Thanks for proving my point. Clown.

sadie1502 wrote: »
    Thanks for proving my point. Clown.

Feeling angry?
    That's the inferiority coming through.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭sadie1502

Feeling angry?

Hardly. That's your superiority complex coming through.

breezy1985 wrote: »

The capital which despite having the poorest people in the country and the most social deprivation is viewed from the outside as being full of rude snobs and hipsters like London, Paris, Berlin
    ...l

Lol

https://www.limerickleader.ie/news/home/498350/researchers-find-limerick-city-is-most-deprived-in-country.html

Researches at Trinners seem to think you're not correct

• Registered Users Posts: 6,014 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

The University in Limerick has the best college experience in the country. Lovely big sport themed campus a few miles out from town with all the students either living together onsite or in student filled estates in direct proximity. Leads to countless onsite events and an overall good atmosphere away from the world. Massive drink culture obviously goes hand in hand, which not everyone agrees with.

The city has a lot of potential but there's a huge change in atmosphere from student nights to the weekend. Some lovely walks and scenery though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,014 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

Mad_maxx wrote: »
    i like Limerick

very unpretentious folk

Galway could learn a lot from it

You're a very odd fellow, cropping up in countless threads throughout the year spewing bile about all things Galway. Why exactly do you hate it so much? Galway fellow bully you at some point?

Literally nobody in the thread had mentioned or referenced Galway

• Registered Users Posts: 19,397 ✭✭✭✭road_high

I dunno, one city in Ireland I've never fancied living in was Limerick. It's had resources pumped into it over the years but still seems grim to me. Slightly menancing but not dangerous as a big city might be.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,995 ✭✭✭pgj2015

That's just your inferiority complex... Use of words codswallop & boyos suggests you're a potatoe head also.

I've always found Dublin folk fairly well adjusted TBH.

There are a lot of Dubs who once they move down the country, think they are hard just because they are from Dublin.

pgj2015 wrote: »
    There are a lot of Dubs who once they move down the country, think they are hard just because they are from Dublin.

I've not encountered too many Dubs down the country TBH.

Do you think I'm something special :D

I've not encountered too many Dubs down the country TBH.

really? cavan for example is full of them. they have taken over towns and villages in meath. they usually ruin these towns and villages.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,582 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

really? cavan for example is full of them. they have taken over towns and villages in meath. they usually ruin these towns and villages.

This is a thread about Limerick not dubs

• Registered Users Posts: 12,223 ✭✭✭✭blade1

I remember years ago myself and a mate stopped off in Limerick for a pint.
    Ended up going on the razz for 3 days with some locals we had mingled with.
    Ran out of money half way through the second day but they took care of us and put us up for 3 nights.
    One of the best sessions ever.
    Sound out Limerick people... although my first time ever going out in Limerick, I did get bottled down the back of the head and ended up in a mass brawl.
    Good fun though, I miss them days.

Ah right..... I don't frequent Cavan TBH. Much of Meath is part of the GDA.

Where are you from? We know Dublin is a ****hole but unfortunately Munsters 3 cities are mostly rough as fcuk as well (and every medium sized town in Tipp).

? There’s not much going on in those Tipperary towns. Fairly safe I reckon. Drogheda and Dundalk they aren’t. Cork and Waterford are fine too. Can’t comment on limerick these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Skyrimaddict

Zookey123 wrote: »
    Whats wrong with the people in this city? I have recently moved in for a job and the environment here is so hostile, and yet no guards to be seen anywhere. I have only been here for 6 months yet have been verbally assaulted more times than I have ever been before, and whats the worst part is these people aren't homeless, drunk or off their heads. Just random people you wouldn't be able to distinguish from the general population ready to fight over absolutely nothing. Honestly, can't wait to move out as soon as I find a better place to work.

Where were you living and working from !
    I lived there all my life, never had an ounce of bother. Saw my first burnt-out car when I moved to the midlands and got my into my first major barfight here.

I have had a few nights out in Limerick, great nights, no trouble to be seen.

also while working I deal with people from all over Ireland, the soundest people I ever met were from Limerick, countryside area not from the city. Everyone in the group was sound which is unusual, usually there is always one twat in any group.

• Advertisement

Yeh, limerick people I meet in Dublin are elsewhere are grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,601 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

From Dublin, but love going out in Limerick. Great pubs and people. Tom Collins, Nancys, The Locke, Dolans, 101, The White House and even Flannery’s if theres a match on. And the new House is lovely. Cant remember the amount of times Ive gone out for 1 or 2 and ended up wobbling out of somewhere at 3am with a big group.

The Milk Market is a winner aswell.

Food needs work mind you. A few standard places but nothing special. In the city anyway.

Place got hammered by Dell pulling out and the recession at the same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Orange Tiny Terror

Do you all think you come from some perfect idealistic rural town that you can all snobbishly dismiss every urban area of our country. ****ing potato heads is right.

Hulk Hands wrote: »
    The University in Limerick has the best college experience in the country. Lovely big sport themed campus a few miles out from town with all the students either living together onsite or in student filled estates in direct proximity. Leads to countless onsite events and an overall good atmosphere away from the world. Massive drink culture obviously goes hand in hand, which not everyone agrees with.

The city has a lot of potential but there's a huge change in atmosphere from student nights to the weekend. Some lovely walks and scenery though.

Having worked pubs and nightclubs I found the opposite. It was the student nights that everything kicked off. Bunch of lads in from Tipp or Kerry or wherever starting fights then going home to mammy on the weekend saying Limerick is rough

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭bridest

Yes there's parts of Cavan where a certain type of Dub has relocated to, to sell certain types not so legal substances. And from what I've heard those parts have become lawless.
    But I work with Dubs and can only say good things about them. Lived in Dublin for past 6 years and never had really much hassle at all

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

The Nal wrote: »
    From Dublin, but love going out in Limerick. Great pubs and people. Tom Collins, Nancys, The Locke, Dolans, 101, The White House and even Flannery’s if theres a match on. And the new House is lovely. Cant remember the amount of times Ive gone out for 1 or 2 and ended up wobbling out of somewhere at 3am with a big group.

The Milk Market is a winner aswell.

Food needs work mind you. A few standard places but nothing special. In the city anyway.

Place got hammered by Dell pulling out and the recession at the same time.

chicken hut :)

chicken hut :)

Taikichi is the nicest sushi I have ever tried and don't forget Donkeys

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,214 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Feeling angry?

Mod:

Both of you drop this bickering or you'll be removed from this thread

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

Am I completely wrong or is galway a lot safer feeling than any other Irish city? Dont know what it is but any street I ever ended up on after a night out wasn't dodgy feeling.

• Advertisement

Am I completely wrong or is galway a lot safer feeling than any other Irish city? Dont know what it is but any street I ever ended up on after a night out wasn't dodgy feeling.

I've never felt unsafe in any Irish city after a night out.
    The vast majority of people are just stumbling round same as yourself looking for a kebab and a taxi

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement