Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is the greatest waste of money you've seen?

Options
1789101113»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 415 ✭✭johnmck

Adyx wrote: »
    Firstly, the Irish and NI tracker apps are compatible with each other as far as I know, they were developed by the same Irish company (who also developed apps for several other countries and US states). Secondly, almost 110,000 used the app today alone which seems to be a fairly consistent figure.

Probably everyone in Wicklow. Seems like a county of grassers

• Registered Users Posts: 6,205 ✭✭✭Claw Hammer

In your opinion.

I will pay prsi all my life bit never avail of any social welfare including the state pension. Factor that into your maths

Your widow may be able to claim a pension on your PRSI!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭derfderf

El Tarangu wrote: »
    The Mahon Tribunal was very, very expensive, but it wasn't a waste of money. It opened the eyes of the general public to the shady business that our politicians were getting up to; I don't think that we will ever have another politician running for Taoiseach who doesn't see a problem with accepting brown envelopes full of cash from businessmen. It's hard to quantify what this is worth, but it's worth an awful lot.

I don't think it opened eyes to anything really. It confirmed a lot that was already known, but that's about it. I'm not a bash the guberment type, but why spend a few hundred million on a tribunal instead of just charging them with fraud or whatever else the had been doing.
    They're just people, so treat them like people.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭PhilOssophy

derfderf wrote: »
    I don't think it opened eyes to anything really. It confirmed a lot that was already known, but that's about it. I'm not a bash the guberment type, but why spend a few hundred million on a tribunal instead of just charging them with fraud or whatever else the had been doing.

The only thing the Mahon Tribunal did was make Eoghan Murphy's father rich. Otherwise, everybody knew these lads were corrupt and when all was said and done, nobody cared once they got their planning permission or road fixed.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,205 ✭✭✭Claw Hammer

The only thing the Mahon Tribunal did was make Eoghan Murphy's father rich. Otherwise, everybody knew these lads were corrupt and when all was said and done, nobody cared once they got their planning permission or road fixed.

Eoighan Murphy's father was already rich before the Tribunal.

• Advertisement

Your widow may be able to claim a pension on your PRSI!

She should but thats also factored into the pension scheme I have.

If she sat down and worked out the payout from killing me, I would be long buried :D

derfderf wrote: »

Tribunals have a far lower bar to reach and arent within the criminal justice limitations or systems. You wouldnt have had the evidence to charge them

Advertisement