Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is the greatest waste of money you've seen?

Options
  • 14-02-2021 3:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30,428 ✭✭✭✭

I saw this shared on Facebook recently.
    120996461_203428564545412_8231014389689300473_n.jpg?_nc_cat=110&ccb=3&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=VuS4cJLfBHAAX8-Q9zp&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&oh=8ac56b85ff10d14c92f5347e3961375d&oe=604F2522

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Ruggabugga101

Bank bail outs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

Stay off Facepuke.

Irish Water.
    New Children's Hospital.

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭E mac

Millennium Clock -voting machines -iodine tablets-COVID tracker app and prob in a few years that kayak water thing that’s being pushed forward in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Northernlily

E mac wrote: »
    Millennium Clock -voting machines -iodine tablets-COVID tracker app and prob in a few years that kayak water thing that’s being pushed forward in Dublin.

Apart from the rest how is the Covid tracker app a waste of money? Its a very functional app certainly providing value for the investment.

• Advertisement

Apart from the rest how is the Covid tracker app a waste of money? Its a very functional app certainly providing value for the investment.

How has it proved value for money ? If it was working it would still be promoted by powers that be instead it seems forgotten about.

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭jmlad2020

Covid Tracker App doesn't work in Northern Ireland. Considering Donegal shares 95% of it's border with Northern Ireland, (and not to mention the other border counties-where cases where highest) contact tracing went to the dogs in these regions.

Plus the App was a load of **** anyways that barely anyone used.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭Bill G

The Seanad

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭Red_Wake

Social Housing.

Burning the money would be more beneficial to society.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,428 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

jmlad2020 wrote: »

Stephen was great to tell us how many people downloaded but he never really mentions how many people actively uses it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭paw patrol

NGOs

Stephen was great to tell us how many people downloaded but he never really mentions how many people actively uses it.

To be fair New Zealand is the only country that’s seems to have a working successful app.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,238 ✭✭✭Esse85

Harry McGuire

• Registered Users Posts: 13,327 ✭✭✭✭fits

There’s a page on Instagram called ugly Irish houses. It’s amazing what some spend money on.

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Stihl waters

120996461_203428564545412_8231014389689300473_n.jpg?_nc_cat=110&ccb=3&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=VuS4cJLfBHAAX8-Q9zp&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&oh=8ac56b85ff10d14c92f5347e3961375d&oe=604F2522

Is there a limit as to what you can do in a graveyard or is it a free for all where anyone can build monstrosities like this

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭One More Toy

Children's hospital
    National broadband scheme

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Is there a limit as to what you can do in a graveyard or is it a free for all where anyone can build monstrosities like this

There are limits but some just ignore them it seems

• Registered Users Posts: 30,428 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I think it depends on the graveyard!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

Fernando Torres to Chelsea back in the day

Mad_maxx wrote: »
    Fernando Torres to Chelsea back in the day

Or anywhere he went after Liverpool....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭SnazzyPig

Esse85 wrote: »
    Harry McGuire

I'm going to wait a few minutes before I agree...

I've been looking at websites of wedding decor suppliers and my God, the amount of tacky rubbish some people spend their money on. Flower walls, bird cages, fake trees, bikes, photobooths, doughnut walls.

All rotten looking.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

jmlad2020 wrote: »
    Covid Tracker App doesn't work in Northern Ireland. Considering Donegal shares 95% of it's border with Northern Ireland, (and not to mention the other border counties-where cases where highest) contact tracing went to the dogs in these regions.

Firstly, the Irish and NI tracker apps are compatible with each other as far as I know, they were developed by the same Irish company (who also developed apps for several other countries and US states). Secondly, almost 110,000 used the app today alone which seems to be a fairly consistent figure.

I've been looking at websites of wedding decor suppliers and my God, the amount of tacky rubbish some people spend their money on. Flower walls, bird cages, fake trees, bikes, photobooths, doughnut walls.

All rotten looking.

Both of your examples seem alright to me, in the grand scheme.. although I do agree with your general sentiment about weddings.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭Snotty

RTE

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭SnazzyPig

Esse85 wrote: »
    Harry McGuire
    SnazzyPig wrote: »
    I'm going to wait a few minutes before I agree...
    I agree.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,835 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

E mac wrote: »
    How has it proved value for money ? If it was working it would still be promoted by powers that be instead it seems forgotten about.

So it's a waste of money because they didn't spend even more money on promoting it?

You know how many other places have taken the Irish app and re-used it?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,374 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

Buying coffee/ tea and lunch every day at work instead of taking your lunch with you 3-4 days a week. Cigarettes as well. Both are within your personal scope to not waste money on

Slava Ukrainii

• Registered Users Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭I see sheep

That's pretty cool.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭piplip87

I've a mate, earns good money but he blows thousands on FIFA points every year. More often than not I end up with a better team than him. I mean it's an addiction at this stage for him.

Advertisement