Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Would you prefer to live on Sheriff Street or in Dolphins barn?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭Feenix

afatbollix wrote: »
    10 years ago I knew the community Guard that's patch was on Sheriff street, They had a patrol car on the street 24 hours a day at the time.

Anyway as she was around so much she got to know alot of the local's, dodgy lads and all.

One lad who was a fat lad started to lose a load of weight and asked what he was doing and said it was the bulletproof jumper he now wore everywhere! Made her try it on and all. Must of been about 15kg

Some join a gym but it's a different world in some parts.

Maybe you should get one?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Dolphins Barn towards Ruben's Street has some nice areas of Edwardian red brick terrace housing.

I knew the area in the 1970 - 1980s and whilst it was rough - it wasn't the worst in the city by any means.The ice rink there was once a popular Dublin destination. Nearby Fatima Mansions which always was known as being rough area later became a no go area colonised by drug dealers and was eventually demolished and renamed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭dotsman

Guys, some people seem to be overplaying the movie set excuse. Yes, the burned out cars and graffiti were added for the movie, but the general look and feel and all the kids were natural.

As for which end of Sheriff street is better? It doesn't matter. When referring to Sheriff Street, you are really referring to the wider area (all the streets surrounding Sheriff street etc). Very few people actually live on Sherriff Street.

Ultimately, it boils down to "Are you referring to the IFSC, the Point or Sheriff Street" (i.e. the area that is still a $hithole and the lefties won't let be redeveloped as they don't want to change the "comoonitee" and continue the inter-generational crime/welfare cycles)?

Advertisement