Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scotland vs Wales 6n 2021

Options

Comments

If the impact to the head is an issue because of player welfare then when a hit to the head is sufficiently bad that it warrants a red card in the name of safety it should warrant an automatic HIA for the player who got hit.

It’s either about player safety or it’s not.

You can’t have it both ways.

When a player is tackled in the air how they land determines the sanction. Why not apply that rationale here.

Much of the time a HIA is performed. At the same time if someone shoots at me and misses, I don't need to be checked for gunshot wounds, that doesn't mean I haven't been shot at.

Reckless play is reckless play - if you put a player in serious jeopardy you should be sanctioned.
    Some players are unlucky because the game moves so fast.

Some players are idiots who continually fall foul of the same rules.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭Scratchly

And Wales scutter their way to another tight win over 14 men. All aboard the hype train!

Frustrating how Scotland shot themselves in the foot. This Wales team the most mediocre championship winning side of all time? It seems to be written in the stars.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,158 ✭✭✭A-Train

Hard luck Scotland

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,958 ✭✭✭fitz

Wales absolutely stealing a living atm.

• Advertisement

Oh look. Taking a critical kick with the clock in the red and it goes in to touch....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,567 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Brave heart spirit

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

That was the most utterly stupid kick I've seen.

It's not even the stupidest kick I've seen in a Welsh match this 6N...

Was Hogg not tackled before he had the ball?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭RugbyLover123

Delighted with that. John Barclay on Rugby Union weekly during the week talking about a Grand Slam after 1 game. Being dead serious. Typical Scots, like us, when they are favourites they can’t perform.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

Scotland robbed , playing all the rugby , rugby the loser

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Hogg screaming for a penalty ... it was game over pal.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,880 ✭✭✭yosser hughes

Should have been a penalty at the very end there for Scotland. Referee bottles it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,168 ✭✭✭twinytwo

Frustrating how Scotland shot themselves in the foot. This Wales team the most mediocre championship winning side of all time? It seems to be written in the stars.

Wales are dog ****, scraping wins against 14 men. I hope England get their act together and steam roll them.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,757 ✭✭✭✭bilston

Oh look. Taking a critical kick with the clock in the red and it goes in to touch....

Well he could hardly fecking kick it dead given he was 80 yards from the dead ball line!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,354 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Belter of a game of rugby - Matt Williams

Agree

• Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭Sanjuro

Welsh Grand Slam by playing against 14 men in every game.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Wayne Pivac, getting away with murder!

Well, that was an enjoyable, some good rugby played....I had the Scots to put that in the bag handily.....if bookies were open I'd have gone Scotland +7. Kudos & fairplay to Wales

• Registered Users Posts: 10,165 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Delighted with that. John Barclay on Rugby Union weekly during the week talking about a Grand Slam after 1 game. Being dead serious. Typical Scots, like us, when they are favourites they can’t perform.

They performed pretty well in fairness.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

What an absolute belter. That game had everything!

• Registered Users Posts: 37,911 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Wales will end up winning it all with that luck

• Registered Users Posts: 13,232 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

almostover wrote: »
    Allowing poaching in a ruck has caused far more injuries than it is worth to the game. I'm thinking of Paul O'Connell, Dan Leavy and today Jack Willis for England. It's a very vulnerable position. And you can't expect the opposition to leave you there and take the ball without trying to clear you out. There should be no hands on the ball once a tackle is completed and to win a turnover you should have to ruck past the ball.
    It's part of the law on the tackled player having to release the ball. By rights, any opposition player that gets their hands on the ball (legally) should get the penalty if the tackled player doesn't release it instantly. But that doesn't happen and so you get the impacts. Some refs are getting better at blowing it up quickly, but they all need to do it all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,222 ✭✭✭tanko

The ridiculous hype about Scotland after last week was crazy.
    Some of the stuff their players were coming out with was embarrassing, anyone would think they had won the World Cup and the grand slam last weekend.
    Back to reality for them.

Two very enjoyable games today - if tomorrow is as exciting I suspect it will favour France.

That's a real setback for Scotland and puts them right back under pressure.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,243 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Sanjuro wrote: »
    Welsh Grand Slam by playing against 14 men in every game.

I’m no fan of welsh rugby but it’s not their fault that there were 2 red cards given to their opponents in the first games

Would they have won either game without those reds? Nobody knows and it’s irrelevant now

• Registered Users Posts: 15,354 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Wales will end up winning it all with that luck

Dunno. Still think it’s French this year

• Registered Users Posts: 3,564 ✭✭✭clsmooth

Which English player will be getting sent off in two weeks time? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,190 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

clsmooth wrote: »
    Which English player will be getting sent off in two weeks time? :D

Probably not owen farrell

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭Lucy8080

Look at that bump on A.W.J.s head! Surely that's a H.I.A. , even if the game is over.

Advertisement