Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Are we there yet? Your second Travel Megathread (threadbans in OP}

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,770 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

bubblypop wrote: »
    Do you think the government will open everything up once you get your vaccine?

Well Israel, Denmark and Greece are prepared to work alongside each other in opening up and welcoming tourists who are vaccinated according to same report on Kenny this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭RugbyLad11

Tenzor07 wrote: »
    Is it considered essential travel if I go to London and register for the Vaccine so I can save myself 12 months of waiting around for it here? :confused:

Are we even eligible to receive a vaccine in the UK?

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭RugbyLad11

Tenzor07 wrote: »
    Is it considered essential travel if I go to London and register for the Vaccine so I can save myself 12 months of waiting around for it here? :confused:
    gozunda wrote: »
    You would need to be:

A) A UK Resident
    B) Registered with a GP practice there (easier said than done - with some GP practices having considerable waiting lists)
    C) Have a UK National Insurance Number

Just remember its not going to allow you travel abroad at present as UK residents are not permitted to travel for holiday or other leisure purposes

I'm.not so sure about that. Every country will be vaccinating everyone, even illegal immigrants.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

Did I say otherwise?

Do you always presume that a reply means is a personal statement?

It was a rhetorical statement anyways! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

RugbyLad11 wrote: »
    That's insane. What about people who need to leave for essential purposes?
    Emergency Passport service

If you need a passport for travel in an emergency, please contact us through our WebChat service.

An emergency is defined as death or grave illness of an immediate family member, with a need for urgent travel within the next few days or for emergency medical treatment of the applicant.

The Emergency team will request proof of emergency.

First-time applications require a longer processing time.

https://www.dfa.ie/passports/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭scouserstation

Meanwhile life continues as normal in SA, is anybody else seeing a pattern here

Prof. Wasim Hanif (@docwas) Tweeted:
    South Africa COVID cases plummeting with very few lockdown restrictions. What is happening here? No effect of the so called South African variant also vaccination not started https://t.co/nn2ZSTokQz https://twitter.com/docwas/status/1359561529276907522?s=20

RugbyLad11 wrote: »
    I'm.not so sure about that. Every country will be vaccinating everyone, even illegal immigrants.

Yup that is inclusive of immigrants regardless of immigration status.

The vaccination program in the UK is being coordinated by the NHS and GP surgeries .

Anyone looking to be vaccinated needs to register with a gp there regardless of their immigration status. GP registration usually require a National Health number and an address for communication and treatment purposes - though I believe there are exceptions allowed for those with no permanent address etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,398 ✭✭✭monkeybutter

South Africa COVID cases plummeting with very few lockdown restrictions. What is happening here? No effect of the so called South African variant also vaccination not started https://t.co/nn2ZSTokQz https://twitter.com/docwas/status/1359561529276907522?s=20

are/were they not in a lockdown? they had exactly the same spike we did

despite

1. Being upside down
    2. it being sunny there

what is this pattern

• Registered Users Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭Micky 32

I was talking to my cousin in CT USA . She says their lives are pretty normal bar they can’t have as many people in restaurants etc. USA cases are dropping off a cliff too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭stoneill

Yes - a good pattern to show that December/January lockdown in SA and a mask mandates do make a difference!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭scouserstation

stoneill wrote: »
    Yes - a good pattern to show that December/January lockdown in SA and a mask mandates do make a difference!

Plus they tackled this wave without vaccines, which begs the question of why we are closing our borders for the next 12 months in fear of this varient when they could bring numbers down in just a few weeks over in South Africa?

20 more countries to be added to the quarantine list and travel restrictions to last for the remainder of the year.

https://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/further-20-countries-to-be-added-to-mandatory-hotel-quarantine-list-1079371.html

Micky 32 wrote: »
    I was talking to my cousin in CT USA . She says their lives are pretty normal bar they can’t have as many people in restaurants etc. USA cases are dropping off a cliff too.

and sure it only took 500k deaths to get to this point

great success

the numbers hit peak at peak trump, what a weird coincidence

Anyone I know over there is taking it seriously, loads working from home, wearing masks, social distancing

it is surely running out of rednecks to infect

are/were they not in a lockdown? they had exactly the same spike we did

despite

1. Being upside down
    2. it being sunny there

what is this pattern

Yeah it just seems like the reduction in cases followed SA increasing their lockdown level to the highest it has been during the pandemic (presuming the new/mutated virus) including an overnight curfew. Some of those measures are still in place afaik

https://www.voanews.com/covid-19-pandemic/south-africa-extends-coronavirus-restrictions-cases-climb

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭rorrissey

My boyfriend is in the Washington DC area and it's the same there. Seems like they've even vaccinated most teachers and a lot of schools are finally back open. It makes it even harder seeing them being able to live relatively normally meanwhile I don't know when I can see him again.

and sure it only took 500k deaths to get to this point

great success

the numbers hit peak at peak trump, what a weird coincidence

Anyone I know over there is taking it seriously, loads working from home, wearing masks, social distancing

it is surely running out of rednecks to infect

However your waffle doesn’t explain the dramatic drop which my point was. I don’t care about Trump etc.

Yeah it just seems like the reduction in cases followed SA increasing their lockdown level to the highest it has been during the pandemic (presuming this new/mutated virus) including an overnight curfew. Those measures are still in place afaik

that must be the pattern they were referring to

However your waffle doesn’t explain the dramatic drop which my point was. I don’t care about Trump etc.

i think it does to be fair

unless you have theorem

I presume they have rednecks in Hartford and New Haven these days

rorrissey wrote: »
    My boyfriend is in the Washington DC area and it's the same there. Seems like they've even vaccinated most teachers and a lot of schools are finally back open. It makes it even harder seeing them being able to live relatively normally meanwhile I don't know when I can see him again.

I’m quite sure that if the vaccines work you’ll see him next year.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 302 ✭✭dmcsweeney

Inter-county sport for both soccer and the GAA had made a difference during the pandemic, he said. There was a balance to be maintained in terms of mental health and quality of life.

The government seem to think that watching inter county GAA is going to do more for our mental health than a holiday in the sun apparently.

• Advertisement

i think it does to be fair

unless you have theorem

I presume they have rednecks in Hartford and New Haven these days

No, you’re just waffling and talking bollix. Are you reffering my family are rednecks? Nice attitude :rolleyes:

Cases are plummeting and there’s no 5km limit.

No, you’re just waffling and talking bollix. Are you reffering my family are rednecks? Nice attitude :rolleyes:

Cases are plummeting and there’s no 5km limit.

is that the only difference?

most states have a quarantine if you want to move from one to the other

which is fairly pertinent considering this is a travel thread

cases were high because they had an idiot in charge, I mean he even got infected hiself

cases are falling off a cliff from the massive numbers they were

they are still very high

Its just a theory they might be rednecks based on your previous posts

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

20 more countries to be added to the quarantine list and travel restrictions to last for the remainder of the year.

https://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/further-20-countries-to-be-added-to-mandatory-hotel-quarantine-list-1079371.html

Well at least the government will try follow the upcoming ECDC guidance. Until it doesn’t suit their agenda anymore. :rolleyes:

is that the only difference?

most states have a quarantine if you want to move from one to the other

which is fairly pertinent considering this is a travel thread

cases were high because they had an idiot in charge, I mean he even got infected hiself

cases are falling off a cliff from the massive numbers they were

they are still very high

Its just a theory they might be rednecks based on your previous posts

The area where my cousin lives have very little restrictions. Most of their day to days lives are a lot more normal than our lives. Yet their numbers are low and stable in their area despite no 5km limit. America as a whole are far more relaxed. I’m just curious about the huge drop in cases. I don’t give a s*** about their politics so waffle on to someone else about that and the rednecks which i doubt you haven’t a clue what one is i suspect., thanks.

The area where my cousin lives have very little restrictions. Most of their day to days lives are a lot more normal than our lives. Yet their numbers are low in their area. America as a whole are far more relaxed. I’m just curious about the huge drop in cases. I don’t give a s*** about their politics so waffle on to someone else about that, thanks.

I'm sure the spike can be attributed to thanksgiving and christmas

but with a population of 3.5 million they have had twice the number of deaths we have

what would you say to that

I'm sure the spike can be attributed to thanksgiving and christmas

but with a population of 3.5 million they have had twice the number of deaths we have

what would you say to that

Did you read my posts? My interest is the sudden drop in cases. Not what’s already happened.

Did you read my posts? My interest is the sudden drop in cases. Not what’s already happened.

i answered ya Xmass, thanksgiving, Trump... superbowl

• Registered Users Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

The UK have taken a much stronger stance on the issue of those trying to blag a holiday abroad by trying to evade restrictions

Previously posted this to contrast with our own restrictions.

https://twitter.com/FCDOGovUK/status/1355221672605978628?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1355221672605978628%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_c10&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.boards.ie%2Fvbulletin%2Fshowthread.php%3Fp%3D116230154

Maybe the government need to stop appealing to people's better natures because it certainly does not seem to working for some.

"You risk the lives of family and friends"

Such disingenous tripe

i answered ya Xmass, thanksgiving, Trump... superbowl

It doesn’t explain it fully. Even the WHO past comment on the decline and thought it was a bit puzzling. It will be interesting to see the case rise post superbowl

• Advertisement

It doesn’t explain it fully. Even the WHO past comment on the decline and thought it was a bit puzzling.

should it just keep going up forever? it has halved ours has what cut by 6 to 10 times in the same period i reckon it explains a lot some of it is explained by the same yearly spikes you get with flu we locked down because we didn't want to turn in the states

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement