Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post Covid Issues

Options
  • 08-02-2021 11:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭

Hi all, hope you are as safe and as well as can be. Wondering how many of you who unfortunatley ended up suffering from Covid have went on to have longer term issues. When I caught it, in mid Oct 2020, I didnt get it too bad, aches, fever and tiredness for about 10 days. Within a week though I had developed severe frozen shoulder that still hasnt cleared, and I'm hearing others complain of similar issues.

Interested to see if this is widespread or not?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭noserider

TheFairy wrote: »
    Hi all, hope you are as safe and as well as can be. Wondering how many of you who unfortunatley ended up suffering from Covid have went on to have longer term issues. When I caught it, in mid Oct 2020, I didnt get it too bad, aches, fever and tiredness for about 10 days. Within a week though I had developed severe frozen shoulder that still hasnt cleared, and I'm hearing others complain of similar issues.

What’s frozen shoulder?
    The reason I ask is my OH had an infection on her toe, quite sore and swollen. Chiropodist told her she has seen this a lot in patients who had had COVID. Apparently it is an after effect of the Virus. My OH never had any symptoms but chiropractor says she probably had COVID
    I had really sore shoulders about 6 weeks ago, so just curious to know what you went through and if I had COVID without knowing

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭TheFairy

Quite literally the whole shoulder becomes frozen and unable to move, very very painful as well. Frozen shoulder happens when the tissue around your shoulder joint becomes inflamed. The tissue then gets tighter and shrinks, which causes pain.

TBH I haven't went to the Dr with it, a mix of being male and not wanting to bother a Dr with everything else that is going on, I read up on it and started following some stretching exercises and its easing day by day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ShineOn7

TheFairy wrote: »

Various thoughts on it here https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=113630503

• Registered Users Posts: 3,304 ✭✭✭phormium

If you listen to Joe Duffy his whole programme was about it yesterday and due to continue topic today.

Advertisement