Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Top Christmas Movie

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,765 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

McGaggs wrote: »
    Sorry of it's already been answered, but Lethal weapon isn't a Christmas movie. If you remove Christmas from the story, it makes no difference. Die Hard is a Christmas movie because it needs to happen at Christmas. Without the Christmas party, Bruce Willis will not be there, etc.

I do agree with this logic.

Thankfully lethal weapon didn’t advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,246 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

2am you say :D I shall be around to place my vote since I’ve missed some votes today :D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,765 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

DvB wrote: »
    Will there be evening/night match ups or are we safe until the morning?
    Asking for a friend!

Actually we’re through 12 match ups already so that’s a good place to leave it for today.

Thanks to Posy for jumping in when work jumped on me.

We’ll kick off again tomorrow morning bright and early :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,246 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

It’s gone awful quiet in here :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭nightie

Autosport wrote: »
    It’s gone awful quiet in here :D

:)
    Had the alarm set and all! Was trying to recruit Boards friend to support my Casablanca (& Die Hard) voting but he scoffed at me saying it’s not Christmas and they’re not Christmas movies. Bah humbug.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

nightie wrote: »
    :)
    Had the alarm set and all! Was trying to recruit Boards friend to support my Casablanca (& Die Hard) voting but he scoffed at me saying it’s not Christmas and they’re not Christmas movies. Bah humbug.

I'll have to start working on my alliances!

Free mince pie (in the post!) to anyone who votes for National Lampoons :D

Match 13

Polar Express
    On Christmas Eve, a young boy embarks on a magical adventure to the North Pole on the Polar Express, while learning about friendship, bravery, and the spirit of Christmas.

Vs

Surviving Christmas
    A lonely, obnoxious young millionaire pays a family to spend Christmas with him.

Match 14

Santa Claus: The Movie
    The legend of Santa Claus is put in jeopardy when an unscrupulous toy manufacturer attempts to take over Christmas.

Vs

The Family Stone
    An uptight, conservative businesswoman accompanies her boyfriend to his eccentric and outgoing family's annual Christmas celebration and finds that she's a fish out of water in their free-spirited way of life.

All always first to 4 :)

Polar Express & Santa Clause: The Movie

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

TRS30 wrote: »
    Polar Express & Santa Clause: The Movie
    Same here.

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭dubstepper

Polar & Santa Claus

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,155 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

13. Polar Express
    14. Santa Claus: The Movie

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

odyssey06 wrote: »
    13. Polar Express
    14. Santa Claus: The Movie

And the 2 advance 4-0 each.

Polar Express

Santa Claus: The Movie

Match 15

Just Friends
    While visiting his hometown during Christmas, a man comes face-to-face with his old high school crush whom he was best friends with -- a woman whose rejection of him turned him into a ferocious womanizer.

Vs

Batman Returns
    While Batman deals with a deformed man calling himself the Penguin wreaking havoc across Gotham with the help of a cruel businessman, a female employee of the latter becomes the Catwoman with her own vendetta

Match 16

Love Actually
    Follows the lives of eight very different couples in dealing with their love lives in various loosely interrelated tales all set during a frantic month before Christmas in London, England.

Vs.

The Christmas Chronicles
    The story of sister and brother, Kate and Teddy Pierce, whose Christmas Eve plan to catch Santa Claus on camera turns into an unexpected journey that most kids could only dream about

First to 4

Just Friends

The Christmas Chronicles

Batman
    Love Actually

• Registered Users Posts: 10,162 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Just friends (batman II isnt a christmas movie IMO)

Love Actually
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

Loughc wrote: »
    And the 2 advance 4-0 each.

These early zoom meetings killing me... missed this one, but thankfully both went the way I'd have liked.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

I can’t believe I’ve missed another vote

Just Friends
    Love Actually

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭SheepsClothing

Just Friends
    Love Actually

• Advertisement

Just Friends
    Love Actually

And both movies advance 4-1 each

Right we are half way through Round 1.
    We're going to slow things down a little and go back to one match up at a time.

Matches are moving quick so I want to give everyone a chance to vote.

Match 17

Home Alone

Vs.

The Knight Before Christmas

First to 4

Home Alone \:eek:/

Home Alone

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭dubstepper

Home Alone

No brainer for me
    Home Alone (nephew is the spit of Kevin)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,155 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

The Knight Before Christmas
    * I've just been hit on the head with a blunt object. What year is it?

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

Batman Returns and Love Actually. i didn't know Batman Returns was a Christmas movie!

As it happens, I haven't seen the other two.

EDIT: I see I'm too late!

I would have voted for Home Alone in the next match as well!

Home Alone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,274 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

Home Alone

Advertisement