Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Top Christmas Movie

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,235 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Posy wrote: »
    It sounds like you're starting the Hunger Games. :D

May the odds be ever in your favour!

Hunger games are tame compared to us :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

Autosport wrote: »
    Hunger games are tame compared to us :D

Ha ha. THUNDERDOME! Two movies enter, one movie leaves :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,125 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Ha ha. THUNDERDOME! Two movies enter, one movie leaves :D

Brilliant. Like that one!
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 1,734 ✭✭✭Smell the glove

The Polar Express
    A Christmas Carol (Jim Carrey)
    Elf
    National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation
    Home Alone
    Santa Clause The Movie

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,735 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Good Morning, what's the best way to cheer up a gloomy Monday morning....

To make Christmas movies battle to the death!!

It's time to kick off with the playoffs.

18 Movies enter the playoffs but only 6 can advance. We will have 6 matchups of 3 movies battling it out.

These movies have only had one nomination each and are all either streaming exclusives or straight to video releases.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,735 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

First up we have;

A Christmas Prince

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7608418/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1
    When a reporter goes undercover as a tutor to get the inside scoop on a playboy prince, she gets tangled in some royal intrigue and ends up finding love - but will she be able to keep up her lie?

Vs.

The Knight Before Christmas

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt10060094/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0
    A medieval English knight is magically transported to present-day America where he falls for a high school science teacher who is disillusioned by love.

Vs.

The Princess Switch

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8954732/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_3
    Competing in a Christmas baking competition in Belgravia, a Chicago baker bumps into the prince's fiancée--who looks just like her. They switch lives for two days.

It's a battle of Netflix and Vanessa Hudgens it seems, first to 4 advances to the last 64.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭nightie

The Knight Before Christmas ... Swooooooooon

I'll be staying away from these ones where I haven't actually seen the films, at least with the songs I could give them a listen, thats not gonna happen with films so it wouldn't be fair to vote in those circumstances IMO.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭SheepsClothing

The Knight Before Christmas.

DvB wrote: »
    I'll be staying away from these ones where I haven't actually seen the films, at least with the songs I could give them a listen, thats not gonna happen with films so it wouldn't be fair to vote in those circumstances IMO.

Not familiar with these 3 movies either so I'll stay clear of the voting process for this one too, there will be a couple in the playoffs you will recognise so hang on for them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

DvB wrote: »

Was just going to post the same. Doesn't feel right and would be unfair to pick one if I haven't watched them.

The Knight Before Christmas currently on a 2 vote lead....

Will this be a Knightmare round for the other 2 movies? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 22,235 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

A Christmas Prince :)

• Registered Users Posts: 27,907 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

The Princess Switch... probably the best of the recent cheesy xmas movies I have seen.

Preferred it to Knight Before Christmas.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

2-1-1

Bit of a battle going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

Haven't seen either A Christmas Prince nor The Knight Before Christmas nor the Princess Switch !
    Therefore, I will abstain from the vote today !

otnomart wrote: »
    Haven't seen either A Christmas Prince nor The Knight Before Christmas nor the Princess Switch !
    Therefore, I will abstain from the vote today !

If we don't get any more votes before Lunch we might move on to the next matchup :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,528 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

A Christmas Prince for me! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭nightie

If I miss the Die Hard vote, I’ll never forgive myself

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

nightie wrote: »

I have a feeling it wouldn't be for awhile yet however you'll have to stay tuned :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

It's definitely not in the playoffs as it was nominated by a number of people.

Posy wrote: »
    A Christmas Prince for me! :)

2-2-1 now

Likewise. But I suspect for different reasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Shirlywhirl

The Knight Before Christmas for me I think!

3-2-1, The Knight before Christmas is one vote away from advancing.

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭dubstepper

I have not seen any of these movies, but I suspect I am not the target audience :)

Knight Before Christmas :)

Knight Before Christmas :)

And the Knight advances

• Registered Users Posts: 6,379 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

Knight before Christmas

Brooke is a better character than Amber

• Advertisement

Next Battle is;

A Christmas Miracle

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt10922620/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_2
    When her boss steals her idea for their magazine's cover story, Emma searches for a Christmas miracle to write about with the help of her son and the handsome staff photographer.

Switched For Christmas

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7038606/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0
    Just because they are identical does not mean these twins even like each other. Estranged twin sisters get together for an obligatory pre-Christmas lunch, a year after their mother's death. Both women are unhappy and frustrated with their own lives. Though not close, each is envious of the other's life. What's a twin to do but take advantage of this? And who would be the wiser? They do what any identical twins in need of new outlooks would do: they swap lives until Christmas Day, and by doing so, each woman discovers the true meaning of her life and gains a deeper perspective and appreciation for what she already had

The Holiday Calendar

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8262802/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0
    A struggling but talented photographer inherits an antique holiday advent calendar, the contents of which seem to predict the future. Will this magical calendar lead her to love this holiday season?

Another battle of the Hallmarks movies, first to 4 or winner at 3pm.

Advertisement