Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Dance Video *Mod Warning in OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭French Toast

Harmless bit of fun in a time that there's sweet FA else to smile about. Fair play to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭DellyBelly

I just don't get it. A bit of fun? What's the gain out of it? If it was some charity raising gimmick I could get on board with it. Maybe I'm the wrong generation. I do find it slightly annoying that we never see a Garda car patrolling where we live, despite burglaries, but yet they have time to construct this video??

I agree with you. I've had to call the police out and they just never show up yet they have time to do this crap...what a waste of police time. Wonder what the superiors think of it

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭LilacNails

I'm all for a bit of craic however....

It's the guards job to ensure that laws are enforced. That road safety is being adhered too. People are safe, crimes, etc are being looked into and solved. Etc etc.

Is it there job to look like their a sound bunch and easy going up for the craic??

No it's not. Why should they? Why should they have to? What's the need of them having a bit of craic for the public to see ? Iv seen so many videos at this stage of them doing silly things, and yes at first it was funny and light hearted. But it's as if now there's something new every week.

For the times we're in they have more important things to do, than ever in my time.

Like every single day, without fail I see people looking at their phones, whilst driving. Every weekend groups of people, from outside 5km not social distancing taking over paths. Etc.

We need more of their presence around the place, not up on a roof for social media trying to look like their good craic and up for a laugh.

We don't need to see them like this. No wonder their not being taken as seriously as they should be!!

No wonder there's people out that go by their own laws, cause their not afraid and certainly won't be afraid of those who have so much power yet have a need to act like rejects for the craic.

I'm gonna get roasted for my viewpoint, but I'm sick of seeing new videos, every week of them doing something funny. There's comedians for that.

I have more respect and take more seriously those who don't have the need and would rather get their work done then dancing around.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Where are you seeing weekly videos of them doing 'something funny'??

Get a grip. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Vita nova

I was just watching it earlier.

I think it's a bit of fun, I loved the horses side stepping.

Gardai won the challenge when they brought on the dancing horses.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭The Inbetween is mine

LilacNails wrote: »
    I'm all for a bit of craic however....

It's the guards job to ensure that laws are enforced. That road safety is being adhered too. People are safe, crimes, etc are being looked into and solved. Etc etc.

Is it there job to look like their a sound bunch and easy going up for the craic??

No it's not. Why should they? Why should they have to? What's the need of them having a bit of craic for the public to see ? Iv seen so many videos at this stage of them doing silly things, and yes at first it was funny and light hearted. But it's as if now there's something new every week.

For the times we're in they have more important things to do, than ever in my time.

Like every single day, without fail I see people looking at their phones, whilst driving. Every weekend groups of people, from outside 5km not social distancing taking over paths. Etc.

We need more of their presence around the place, not up on a roof for social media trying to look like their good craic and up for a laugh.

We don't need to see them like this. No wonder their not being taken as seriously as they should be!!

No wonder there's people out that go by their own laws, cause their not afraid and certainly won't be afraid of those who have so much power yet have a need to act like rejects for the craic.

I'm gonna get roasted for my viewpoint, but I'm sick of seeing new videos, every week of them doing something funny. There's comedians for that.

I have more respect and take more seriously those who don't have the need and would rather get their work done then dancing around.

All done while off duty so no issue at all

Where are you seeing weekly videos of them doing 'something funny'??

Get a grip. :rolleyes:

Eh...Social media. ?!

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭The chan chan man

“Think of all the hospital beds we could have bought with their time x hourly rate... I’m outraged!”

Its just a bit of craic, like none of ye miserable bastards have ever had a bit of fun in work.. Fair play to the gardai.

What about the homeless?

They’re welcome to make their own video

As u can read in my post, it's not the only issue.

I don't see a need for them to show their having the craic and all that.... When there's other ****e that's important.

Some say ah jays us lighten up but they act look like Eejets too and loose respect!

• Advertisement

“Think of all the hospital beds we could have bought with their time x hourly rate... I’m outraged!”

Its just a bit of craic, like none of ye miserable bastards have ever had a bit of fun in work.. Fair play to the gardai.

"BUT THE TAXPAYERS MONEY"

Probably screamed only by people who've never paid income tax.

You cant meet up with more than one other person outdoors for a walk under current restrictions....serious qs to be answered if this is after being done off duty

Felt lilac had a v.reasonable and balanced post,i couldnt argue with any of it tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭lucalux

Eh...Social media. ?!

I haven't seen any since maybe last year, they did a dance to Amarillo I think?
    Any links to the other ones you've seen?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭lucalux

You cant meet up with more than one other person outdoors for a walk under current restrictions....serious qs to be answered if this is after being done off duty

Felt lilac had a v.reasonable and balanced post,i couldnt argue with any of it tbh

Would imagine they're not getting kitted out in full uniform and meeting up on their day off, so it is probably after the end of a shift, they stay on and do this kind of craic on their own time?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,069 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

DellyBelly wrote: »
    I agree with you. I've had to call the police out and they just never show up yet they have time to do this crap...what a waste of police time. Wonder what the superiors think of it
    There's a few superiors in the video, so I presume they thought it was ok?

Jaysus, some people would really need to get over themselves, is there any joy or a bit of fun in your lives at all? :confused:

lucalux wrote: »
    I haven't seen any since maybe last year, they did a dance to Amarillo I think?
    Any links to the other ones you've seen?

Im not going to be looking for links ...I've other things to be using my time for, however u can go look for them yourself easily in ur own time....Facebook, you tube, Instagram.. Plenty there to go look for.

I won't be looking for links for u, I've other things to be using my time for, u can go look for them yourself easily in ur own time....Facebook, you tube, Instagram.. Plenty there for u and others to go look for.
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,891 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

I'm not against this video by any means, but how do you know this?
    There was a whole lot of time went into making this video.

lucalux wrote: »
    they stay on and do this kind of craic on their own time?

Would be an interesting one for garda press office and nphet to answer

IMO it would be much worse,if this was done off duty....its harmless craic at work,if on duty,

Its potential fine if done off duty for ignoring guidelines....i live near enough a popular walking spot,and it deos be packed everyday with cars registered from well outside the 5km...hard to critise them for it,if we say nothing to the gaurds

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭brookers

I'm not against this video by any means, but how do you know this?
    There was a whole lot of time went into making this video.

Don't worry Tubridy will have them on on Friday night, after the backlash to the misery feast, there will be a bit of kindness and all just good fun with the Gardai there. All will be explained. The researchers are on the phone as we speak, quick, get the Gardai on.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,740 ✭✭✭hynesie08

But they're spending 8-10 hours in the station/cars together, so what difference does this make? They're also distancing and wearing masks.
    I won't be looking for links for u, I've other things to be using my time for, u can go look for them yourself easily in ur own time....Facebook, you tube, Instagram.. Plenty there for u and others to go look for.

So you made it up?

I hope it was done while they were on duty. The amount of total arseholes they've to deal with day in day out, no harm them taking a bit of downtime to have a bit of craic in work.
    Anyway, part of their job description is community work so this fits right in, fair play to them and all the other police forces doing this challenge, posting on social media and passing it on, particularly in these miserable times.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,937 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

Sure the squad cars in the video were off-duty as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭buried

A Grand auld Burlesque

"You have disgraced yourselves again" - W. B. Yeats

hynesie08 wrote: »
    But they're spending 8-10 hours in the station/cars together, so what difference does this make? They're also distancing and wearing masks.

So you made it up?

No, like I said I'm not arsed looking up videos for strangers looking to nit pick.

It deosnt matter,but posters claiming it was off duty ,do the restrictions about meeting up,not apply to off duty gaurds.....

I havnt seen most of my mates with nearly 12 months at this stage....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

When's the prison officer vid going up Omac brother?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,891 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

?

Everyone who breaks the rules can come up with reasons why they aren't a covid risk. Makes no difference.

As pointed out, they had better be on duty, otherwise they are breaking all sorts of lockdown rules!
    I hope they thought of this and don't get a hammering for breaking lockdown restrictions.

I could post this in any amount of threads on boards these days, but......

I never cease to be amazed at the amount of people willing to suck the last drop of joy, the absolute last iota of fun, out of anything that's even a little bit different. Or, God forbid, a bit uplifting :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭Green Peter

Ireland's elite law enforcement professionals everyone.

I got a horn through sheer pride and unadulterated patriotism.

A prick always shows up!

Advertisement