Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jet Get Radio!!!! post here when you get something new!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,608 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

You absolute hero! I was worried that was going to be scrapped when the thread was closed off.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭tonyotonyo

Precious screw plugs, can't be wasting them!

Dav09, really cool game just made for two players to blast each other to bits. Jealous of the space you have!

Geotrig I have a bunch of those screw plugs now so if you're missing any let me know. For reference they're 13mm size and fit very nicely

Master of the Universe

Just had the coolest light gun I've ever seen arrive.

Seriously heavy duty pedal too!

I've read it's a bit light hungry, fingers crossed it works as well as the guncon.

It's actually a fully licensed by Beretta, not something I've seen with a videogame product before.

Master of the Universe

Aaaand it works perfectly with MiSTer and my cabinet's monitor. Didn't have to adjust anything. Phew!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,788 ✭✭✭Jack burton

That gun is amazing

• Registered Users Posts: 6,215 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Is that a replacement for any light gun? I was under the impression one of the issues with light gun games is replacement guns are expensive and hard to find. Is this a modern replacement?

What do you mean by 'light heavy'? Sorry I'm absolutely clueless about guns!

Class that it's a licenced Beretta!

Master of the Universe

It's actually a console lightgun for the Playstation 1, a drop in replacement for the Guncon45 and Time Crisis. (Should mean it would work with the PS2 too)

I'm running it on my arcade machine with a MiSTercade, miSter SNAC adapter that lets you use console controllers and the Playstation core.

So in simplest terms it's just a playstation controller running on a playstation game in my arcade machine.

By light heavy I mean it needs a lot of light from a CRT to work, so the CRT brightness has to be really high. Some lightguns are worse than others for this. (I remember my Xbox silent scope lightgun you'd have to have the CRT dialled up to ridiculous levels of brightness!)

Luckily this seems to like the same level of brightness ad a Gcon45 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭80s Synth Pop

@dav09 if by any chance there are any of the force-feedback internals left in that cab, would you mind posting pictures of the driver pcb and motor please?

You can hook up the controls to a pc easily enough with a u-hid device. If it has the same loom as ridge racer 2 I can give you the part numbers for the connectors to integrate with the original loom.

The original monitors were ms8. I wonder what happened to them?

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭dav09

Oh wow! Yes I believe it's all still there, I noticed (glanced) inside and I seen what look like FFB boards still there (I think it's literally just missing it's monitors and PCB, everything else is there. That would be great, I didn't know it would work with FFB I was expecting without so that's a bonus if so! I'll check again when I'm at storage.

And thanks folks, it's probably going to be stored until next year and will be on the back burner for a while unless something comes up in the meantime, I usually try not to hoard but when something decent sounds like it's getting scrapped I'll always try grab it lol, even if it eventually gets moved on. But the thought of hooking up ridge Racer too emulated would be super interesting (along with Tokyo Wars), the wheels would probably feel somewhat like F1 wheels if it had FFB and same type of cab.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,544 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

That gun could get you killed!

Or at least surrounded by Special Branch!

I did tell you all the story of a friend of mine who had the Gardaí called on him and his mates because they were having a game with a couple of sets of Sega Lock-Ons!

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭80s Synth Pop

Nobody has developed PC integration with the old namco FFB boards like has been done for the sega model 2/3 and happ systems so they would only be useful if you got the original namco game boards. You can borrow my rave racer cages to try it out as they support FFB.

If you go PC emulation/integration with uhid or similar it wont have FFB on your emulated version. Other than that the emulation quality is really excellent now. The latest mame version last month made improvements to shadow rendering on system22.

I'm actually looking for photos on the FFB set up myself. My namco cab didn't come with the the FFB parts but I purchased them all separately (board, motor, transformer). Would be nice to see how it all goes together.

Post edited by 80s Synth Pop on

• Registered Users Posts: 7,540 ✭✭✭Inviere

I could have sworn I've seen videos of Ridge Racer 2 running on converted cabs through MAME with force feedback up and running no?

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭dav09

Thank you! Yes I will get you some pics, I know you the machine is burrier behind an Outrun sitdown machine that doesn't easily move at the minute but will def send on some pics in a few weeks when I do a rejig.

Yeah would be cool to get FFB working, but not a deal breaking many of my machines don't have it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,544 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Not as fancy as you lot, but I got the PC version of Outrun 2006 Coast 2 Coast running beautifully on my Steamdeck and now all is right with the universe

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,971 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

That game is so well coded that it still runs beautifully on modern systems with 8K support.

It is awful that Sega haven't capitalised on their racing game heritage.

From Daytona to Sega Rally, Daytona 2001 to F355 Challenge, tons of damn good titles just gathering dust or relying on emulation for a life

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,971 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Master of the Universe

Just change up a few letters in the car names, be grand like!

The sheer amount of content that'd be lost without emulation to preserve it, is scary.

• Advertisement

Certainly, I'm planning to have them all running in the coming weeks, Daytona USA 2001 especially, that game was way ahead of its time

• Registered Users Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭Colonel Panic

Daytona USA 2001 was awesome. I spent so much time playing that online with a mate. Lightnings in Dino Canyon. Bliss.

New get for me today. Part of my efforts to go wireless with retro consoles.

I’ve also ordered a Krikzz Famicom RGB blaster out of curiosity. I’ve got an RGB modded Famicom and NES toploader, but also a regular AV modded Famicom that I’ll try it on.

Fresh from the 1980's, a good stash of pcbs to mess with :)

That 3 stack board is easily the biggest one I've come across, massive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,751 ✭✭✭geotrig

is it missing something or is there a squar hole in it ? also what is it pics are usesless on there own ...either way its a boot !

Master of the Universe

First I've heard of that Famicom RGB blaster, really interesting device. Be interested to hear you post some results when it arrives.

What game is that three stack lad? it's huge!

Anything interesting on that Konami board?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭Colonel Panic

Yeah, I'll make a thread when it arrives and I give it a go. I don't even mind the quality of AV from the Famicom, jailbars and all, but I'm just curious about these kind of gadgets!

It's asterix, knuckle joe, wonderboy, City connection, commando and super hang on.

Also a really rare game, "ninja whore", where you play the part of a feudal super pimp. Actually it's just bad dudes versus dragon ninja :p

The hole in the super hang on is just so as you can access the dipswitchs beneath. The pcb is in pretty decent nick, but the best I'll probably do is connect video and power, no messing with amps.

Time to outrun a (wiring) crisis..

I've read good things about it, and considering the developer, I imagine it'll be a solid product.

Testing of those games...

Bad dudes versus dragon ninja. 100%. Japanese version.

Wonderboy. Very strange on start up, no sound and the game running in slow motion, never saw that before. The sharp chip looked crunchy so I took it out and cleaned legs. 100% then.

Pour one out for knuckle joe, completely dead.

City connection, no adapter to test.

Commando. Started off struggling to boot. Took it all apart and back together again, something still slightly off with glitchy sprites which will be the bottom board. Probably dry solder connection. Otherwise plays fine. Check out the "floorizoone" telephone number. I've traced this name and number to a bee-themed amusement park in Belgium, or the ceo of bigben interactive in France. Cheeky advertisement for bootlegs.

Asterix. Weird colours but good otherwise. Running my tongue across the board, I found that a leg or two are lifted on one of the konami chips, a bit of pressure clears it up. That's good to know, easy fix.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,230 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

Commando - funky telephone number on the high score screen? 'Florizoone'?

Advertisement