Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NFL Draft 2021

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,010 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

Xavi6 wrote: »
    I really want Fields to succeed in the league, hopefully the Bears get right behind him

If it doesn't work hopefully Nagy is out the door. Good team around him and they can potentially hold him out for a while, especially if Rodgers is out of the division

• Registered Users Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭phatkev

Chargers making the right moves this off-season, protect your young QB at all costs!

Jets trade up with the Vikings, really hope they go OT here

• Registered Users Posts: 3,109 ✭✭✭letowski

phatkev wrote: »
    Jets trade up with the Vikings, really hope they go OT here

Vera Tucker or Darrisaw are good prospects.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

Jets take another QB to spite the Pats

• Advertisement

letowski wrote: »
    Darrisaw is a good prospect.

its got to be him or Vera-Tucker

Vera Tucker or Darrisaw are good prospects.

Ghost edit:pac:

Ghost edit:pac:

Apologies, his name couldn't come to me lol

The Jets traded both of this years 3 round picks to move up 9 spots

The Jets traded both of this years 3 round picks to move up 9 spots

Basically 1 half of the Jamal Adams trade

• Advertisement

Interesting pick if they want to use him as a guard. Shanahan doesn't value them at all, the focus is OTs and C. Wonder if they play him RT or they're already shifting from Shanahan

Becton and Vera-Tucker on the left hand side of the line, nasty

Foxtrol wrote: »
    Interesting pick if they want to use him as a guard. Shanahan doesn't value them at all, the focus is OTs and C. Wonder if they play him RT or they're already shifting from Shanahan

Id say it will be Guard, at first anyway. Fant has been fairly solid at RT for them, but the interior has been a mess

Foxtrol wrote: »
    Waiting for Jones to now go to the Patriots and repeating things I've been saying about Jones for a month (DUI, questionable tweets, gut) when he was mocked to the 49ers suddenly becomes me being a 'hater'.

So it happened. Not a reach at that point, could do ok but the Brady comps will make people so disappointed. Red flags all over the place

• Registered Users Posts: 37,517 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I'm so delighted, my favourite QB in this draft class, so much like Brady in college

• Registered Users Posts: 3,112 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

He's in for some shock going from Jaylen Waddle and Devonta Smith to Nkeal Harry and Damiere Byrd.

Actually I forgot we signed some FAs at WR too.

He's in for some shock going from Jaylen Waddle and Devonta Smith to Nkeal Harry and Damiere Byrd.

I think you are forgetting a few receivers there pal.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

eagle eye wrote: »
    I'm so delighted, my favourite QB in this draft class, so much like Brady in college

Huge difference between taking that skillset in the 1st and the 6th round.

Guys with that limited athleticism don't go early and succeed for a reason.

Between this and Lance pick I presume this nearly guarantees Jimmy is staying with the 49ers this year.

• Advertisement

Foxtrol wrote:
    Waiting for Jones to now go to the Patriots and repeating things I've been saying about Jones for a month (DUI, questionable tweets, gut) when he was mocked to the 49ers suddenly becomes me being a 'hater'.
    You are a hater of the Patriots, that's been made very evident a long time ago.
    It mightn't be just the Patriots, maybe is consistently successful teams you don't like but you certainly have always hated the Patriots since you first appeared in this forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,921 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

I'll hold off.

I'm still recovering from your effusive Stidham commentary.

Mayock's first round picks are very meh so far in his GM career.

And he doesn't get much credit for taking a good RB with a first round pick imo.

I'm still recovering from your effusive Stidham commentary.

What commentary was that? That I liked what I seen in preseason? That he clearly had learned a lot from Brady?
    I just wanted to see him get a run of games to see if he had it. He never got that run but obviously they don't think he has it.

It mightn't be just the Patriots, maybe is consistently successful teams you don't like but you certainly have always hated the Patriots since you first appeared in this forum.

Unfortunately for you there is a month of receipts for when Jones was the betting favourite for the 49ers and there was no chance he was falling to the Patriots.

You don't have a leg to stand on in the future when I hold my pre-draft position of Jones being a bad pick before the 5th QB and a very questionable person (can show more receipts on this if you want).

Glad you're happy with the pick. I wouldn't hate it at 15 but at 3rd he would have been a disaster of a pick. Not a person I'd want to lead my team.

Mayock's first round picks are very meh so far in his GM career.

And he doesn't get much credit for taking a good RB with a first round pick imo.

Really call Jacobs worth a 1st round pick? (not sure on sarcasm). Based on so many later round RBs I wouldn't call it positive

• Registered Users Posts: 18,921 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Me too, me too; I also hate the Patriots.

Dolphins could have a steal there, if Philips can stay healthy

• Registered Users Posts: 34,044 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Good choice Dolphins, good choice.

• Advertisement

Foxtrol wrote:
    Unfortunately for you there is a month of receipts for when Jones was the betting favourite for the 49ers and there was no chance he was falling to the Patriots.

I have no intention of talking to you about Jones.

I was talking about you being a hater, nothing to do with Jones.

Jones may or may not make it but he reminds me so much of Brady coming out of college only more developed. That's all I wanted, none of these running QBs for me whose career could end at any time when taking the ball outside the pocket.

Advertisement