Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Offseason 2021 - Trades, Free Agency, QB Carousel

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭MileHighGuy

The trade offer was turned down, but that would've been an all-timer.

SF proposed 3rd overall, plus picks, plus Garopollo plus other players, for a 38 year old Aaron Rodgers.....if I was the Packers I might have been tempted.

Aw.....now they saying not true. Well it was fun while it lasted (for me!)
    Would love to see Rodgers in another uniform before he retires.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,921 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

The trade offer was turned down, but that would've been an all-timer.

SF proposed 3rd overall, plus picks, plus Garopollo plus other players, for a 38 year old Aaron Rodgers.....if I was the Packers I might have been tempted.

Aw.....now they saying not true. Well it was fun while it lasted (for me!)
    Would love to see Rodgers in another uniform before he retires.

I'm hoping he'd end up with us.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

The 49ers called GB about Rodgers but no formal offer was made, GB no intention of trading him.

No idea what this means about 49ers intentions in the draft.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,373 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

If he plays to Brady's timeline he could have 5+ more years. 5 years of an upper tier QB's career, even at the tail end, is gotta be worth one first round plus a mediocre QB with some potential upside but injury concers

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Technically 3 first round picks if the number 3 pick is part of the deal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,632 ✭✭✭nerd69

ELM327 wrote: »
    If he plays to Brady's timeline he could have 5+ more years. 5 years of an upper tier QB's career, even at the tail end, is gotta be worth one first round plus a mediocre QB with some potential upside but injury concers

That's the outlier of all outliers to be fair gb would bite your hand off I'd think

• Registered Users Posts: 11,010 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

adrian522 wrote: »
    The 49ers called GB about Rodgers but no formal offer was made, GB no intention of trading him.

No idea what this means about 49ers intentions in the draft.

Same as Kyle and Lynch did during their first off season when they made a call to Bill asking if they would trade Brady. Might as well shoot their shot, especially with the way GB have been treating Rodgers (drafting Love and not redoing his contract). Worst case they unsettle Rodgers a bit :pac:

Probably nothing concrete to be taken for the draft but it is another case of them looking at QBs that are nothing like Jones.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,171 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

I'll never forgive San Francisco if they trade the #3 pick to the Packers and they draft another HOFer who will haunt my dreams for the next decade.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,112 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

God I love draft day.

• Advertisement

Oat23 wrote: »
    I'll never forgive San Francisco if they trade the #3 pick to the Packers and they draft another HOFer who will haunt my dreams for the next decade.

49ers would never do that....................again.

Rodgers would probably retire tomorrow to finally get back on the 49ers for not picking him before.

Foxtrol wrote: »
    Rodgers would probably retire tomorrow to finally get back on the 49ers for not picking him before.

I suppose he could retire and become the permanent host of Jeopardy. That is easily a $15m+ per year job :pac:

edit: I was joking but Rapoport just tweeted this

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1387862127768219650

Same as Kyle and Lynch did during their first off season when they made a call to Bill asking if they would trade Brady. Might as well shoot their shot, especially with the way GB have been treating Rodgers (drafting Love and not redoing his contract). Worst case they unsettle Rodgers a bit :pac:

Probably nothing concrete to be taken for the draft but it is another case of them looking at QBs that are nothing like Jones.

At this point it is pretty obvious that Rodgers' team contacted the 49ers about him wanting out and they made the call. When GB said no Rodgers decided to go nuclear today.

Looks like Broncos and Raiders will have the edge though as they are out of conference. 49ers 3rd must be tempting though as GB could likely trade it for a very nice haul and still get one of the top talents.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,632 ✭✭✭nerd69

Rodgers and bill against brady and the sb champs would be some matchup to be fair

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Prefab Sprouter

Apparently he's interested in the Raiders............HEY! Stop laughing! Even Raiders fans can dare to dream on Draft day........makes a change from our headline being we've drafted the fastest player!! LOL

nerd69 wrote: »
    Rodgers and bill against brady and the sb champs would be some matchup to be fair

No

• Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Rodgers to Broncos looking likely apparently.

If true, insanity that the Packers messed things up this bad

• Advertisement

Is the bad man about to leave the North for real?

https://twitter.com/ZacStevensDNVR/status/1387914447860101120?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 39,440 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Rodgers to Broncos looking likely apparently.

If true, insanity that the Packers messed things up this bad

The broncos ? Jesus teddy Bridgewater gets no respect.

Is the bad man about to leave the North for real?

https://twitter.com/ZacStevensDNVR/status/1387914447860101120?s=19

PFF guys are fully bought into it on their stream. Collinsworth has been losing his mind

Mahomes and Rodgers in the same division, oof.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,824 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Xavi6 wrote: »

I'm pretty sure we saw this episode before.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,824 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

I love the booing of goodell and then to get them to stop he introduces guys people actually like

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭MileHighGuy

This year is the craziest I can remember for the QB carousel, so many have switched teams, or potential new starters that I'd forgotten about a couple, maybe not all will be opening day starters.

AFC East
    Patriots: Mac Jones, not sure Patriots would throw Jones in at the deep end, but Newton didn't look like he had it last year.
    Jets: Zach Wilson? Don't think there is anyone else on the roster.
    Bills: Allen,
    Dolphins: Tagovailoa, but he must be on a short leash. Outplayed by the man they sent to the Football Team.

AFC North - No carousel here....move along
    Bengals: Burrow
    Browns: Mayfield
    Steelers: Roethlisberger
    Ravens: Jackson

AFC South
    Jaguars: Lawrence, from day one I would guess.
    Colts: Wentz, I still can't believe Rivers retired after the year he had last year.
    Texans: Tyrod Taylor maybe, Will Watson play another down for the team under this ownership? and suspension looking likely
    Titans: Tannehill

AFC West
    Broncos: Bridgewater, if it is an open competition in training camp, he has shown a lot more than Lock in his career so far.
    Chargers: Herbert
    Chiefs: Mahommes (probably!)
    Raiders: Carr (Gruden not happy about it but.....)

NFC North
    Bears: Justin Fields , or Andy Dalton, take your pick
    Packers: Rodgers, obviously , but you never know, Love might get a look in.....I don't believe it however.
    Vikings: Kirk Cousins
    Lions: Jared Goff

NFC East
    Cowboys: Prescott
    Football Team: Heinike or Fitzpatrick, we all know this will come to pass.
    Eagles: Hurts, can i put him in bold?....he feels like a new starter....for the sake of my shaky proclamation I am going to.
    Giants: Daniel Jones.

NFC South:
    Saints: Winston? ...would be my guess as the starter. Hill didn't look like he had it last year.
    Buccs: Brady
    Panthers: Darnold
    Falcons: Ryan, not even sure who else is on the roster, so it has to be him.

NFC West
    49ers: Trey Lance, it wouldn't surprise me if it is a different QB from day 1, but not likely to be Garoppolo.
    Rams: Stafford...I really hope Stafford can pull off a Rivers-type end to his career.
    Cardinals: Murray
    Seahawks: Wilson.

so by my count that would be (maybe) 14 of 32 teams with potentially new starters for the upcoming season....is that a lot? it seems like a high turnover, and we might see a couple more moves before kickoff of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

The Jets have Morgan who was a 4th round pick at clipboard holding (last year he sat on the PS learning his clipboard technique). Wilson starts day one and we'll almost definitely add a vet backup.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,440 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

The falcons have signed AJ McCarron to a one year deal to back up Matt Ryan.

• Advertisement

Chiefs go from McCoy to Bell to…McKinnon

https://twitter.com/chiefs/status/1388240470296432644?s=21

Advertisement