Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lord Mayor of Dublin harassed at her home by protesters

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭RandRuns

mariaalice wrote: »
    There is one point that is interesting, I could never understand how Trump had any black support until I read a fascinating article on this, which theorised that for some black people mostly older racism makes you an A-hole thats all, but for the younger woke generation it is seen as a personal moral transgression and evil.

White people who think black people should only vote the way the white person wants them to vote aren't racist at all, oh no siree.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,398 ✭✭✭✭mariaalice

WrenBoy wrote: »
    Interesting, so as Ireland has become more modern, people started travelling more, freedom of movement, had more non white public figures and beloved celebrities and become more connected with the rest of the world (media & internet) you feel we've gotten more racist, not less ?

Black people supported Trump for as many different reasons as anybody likes any politician, they're not a monolith, they all don't think the same.
    From the interviews I've seen online they liked his policies, would be of a more conservative mindset on topics such as abortion and the fact he promised more jobs and the line "what have you got to lose?" appealed to those black people who felt forgotten about in the Democrat inner cities.

I haven't a clue what has happened to Irish society there are probably a million reasons why things change.

The article I read was interesting and a different point of view it does not mean it is correct or the only answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,398 ✭✭✭✭mariaalice

RandRuns wrote: »
    White people who think black people should only vote the way the white person wants them to vote aren't racist at all, oh no siree.

The article was by a black journalist, people should vote whatever way they want but it is legitimate to be curious about why people vote the way they do, what influences them to vote a certain way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Was it Biden who said that black people who voted for Trump "ain't black".

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Like a certain Mr. Biden.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

On my last tweet I've reported it to Twitter and said it to the Gardai just now since it directly incites hate and also involves my child.
    For those who keep trying to drag me down, I'm not going anywhere.
    twitter.com/hazechu/status/1353491148220887042?s=20

I don't see the "directly incites hate" angle. Is it the "she shoves her child in front of the camera" or that an asylum seeker may interfere with her daughter?

image.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

Democrats?

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭RandRuns

Democrats?

The very ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

biko wrote: »
    twitter.com/hazechu/status/1353491148220887042?s=20

I don't see the "directly incites hate" angle. Is it the "she shoves her child in front of the camera" or that an asylum seeker may interfere with her daughter?

image.jpg

She is like that Canadian one that wanted to hug them all in Calais and bring the kids home.... Now you have to remember the kids she was talking about were all male and most likely in their late 20s to 30s.....

You only had to look at YouTube at the time and they were running riot, no wonder the French were more then delighted to see them get on trucks and that destined for the UK.
    People also unknown to them brought some on on their cars in storage boxes.

The person saying about her child funnily enough it isn't a threat and it's a person that is actually worried what could happen to her child with her stupid agendas.

It's the same with Eamon Ryan as he wants the population to be over 10 million but wants us all to walk, cycle car share and grow are veg in window plant boxes.....

If he had his way with that increase in population is he not actually bright enough to realise this in turn will add hugely to more climate issues, waste, water, food, electric usage, fuel, just hell more waste and use of natural resources...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

She is like that Canadian one that wanted to hug them all in Calais and bring the kids home.... Now you have to remember the kids she was talking about were all male and most likely in their late 20s to 30s.....

You only had to look at YouTube at the time and they were running riot, no wonder the French were more then delighted to see them get on trucks and that destined for the UK.
    People also unknown to them brought some on on their cars in storage boxes.

The person saying about her child funnily enough it isn't a threat and it's a person that is actually worried what could happen to get child with her stupid agendas.

It's the same with Eamon Ryan as he wants the population to be over 10 million but wants us all to walk, cycle car share and grow are veg in window plant boxes.....

If he had his way with that increase in population is he not actually bright enough to realise this in turn will add hugely to more climate issues, waste, water, food, electric usage, fuel, just hell more waste and use of natural resources...

I'm after screwing up in work today. Might see if I can get a few pics with the kids and hand them out tomorrow to take the pressure off me.

• Advertisement

I still think the heading should be changed, I could have swore it was her actual home that she would reside at previous to the role and where she will be after her time....

When is that by the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

I still think the heading should be changed, I could have swore it was her actual home that she would reside at previous to the role and where she will be after her time....

When is that by the way.

She took the role in June last year, so we still have to put up with her for a few months.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,779 ✭✭✭RobbieTheRobber

keano_afc wrote: »
    She took the role in June last year, so we still have to put up with her for a few months.

You will have to put up her as long as you keep checking her twitter for more fuel for your outrage fire.

You will have to put up her as long as you keep checking her twitter for more fuel for your outrage fire.

I only go onto to Twitter to ask real questions of such people in such positions.... They tend to block me though as it doesn't fit their agenda and they actually just completely delete in most cases.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,387 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Chu was on the “six o clock show” on virgin earlier

Some things I noted

She was playing the victim card constantly

She told a rambling story and mentioned “a certain person” which seems to be trump. Then left the example hanging in the air. Not sure what her point was.

The presenters gave this politician an extremely warm welcome and saying how great it was to have her on the show. Seemed OTT for any elected politician. You’d ask why the special treatment for her.

Big focus on racism. One of the presenters “teed up” a question to her asking her about race crime.

Chu constantly complained.

Martin king gave her an extremely soft easy interview.

Was laughing with her like best buddies

Laughing about her being a raver and loving night clubs

You’d wonder why this specific politician gets such an easy ride on tv?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,769 ✭✭✭Northernlily

Could you not put your guff into one post?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭donvito99

Is it because of the constant abuse and attention she receives because of her race?

Could you not put your guff into one post?

It’s not guff lily. Watch it back on the player

• Registered Users Posts: 11,758 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

donvito99 wrote: »
    Is it because of the constant abuse and attention she receives because of her race?

Could 'some' of the abuse she gets be because she accuses the Gardai of committing a racist murder when they shoot somebody swinging a knife at them?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Martin king gave her an extremely soft easy interview.

Was laughing with her like best buddies

Its the Six O Clock show, not Claire Byrne Live.

What kind of interview are you expecting with Martin King at 6 bells. Its only ever going to be a little chat on that show.

You seem to really have it in for her based off your posts and this appearance isnt the mountain to die on.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭donvito99

BattleCorp wrote: »
    Could 'some' of the abuse she gets be because she accuses the Gardai of committing a racist murder when they shoot somebody swinging a knife at them?

Considering it existed long before that, no is the answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,758 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

donvito99 wrote: »
    Considering it existed long before that, no is the answer.

No is the answer some of the time, not all of the time.

Yeah, I don't doubt she gets racist abuse. And that's crap and shouldn't happen.

But that shouldn't be a valid reason for her not facing criticism from time to time.....like when I criticise her for her stance that the Gardai murdered George Nkencho.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,231 ✭✭✭TheDavester

keano_afc wrote: »

you know she's going to be given a cushy unelected seanad role (after more than likely not getting elected in the next election)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,377 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

She was never going to get anything other than an easy interview on either VM1 or RTE.

No awkward questions regarding her tweets about the Garda response to Nkencho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

you know she's going to be given a cushy unelected seanad role (after more than likely not getting elected in the next election)

Even in the most "progressive" district of Dublin, she will not get elected to the Dail. I had so much hope for her, but she took the easy route ......... unfortunately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭doublejobbing 2

You’d ask why the special treatment for her.

I ask again. Who is the mayor of Cork, Waterford, Limerick etc etc. I was surprised to read her husband is a TD. I never heard of him, yet his local councillor wife is better known nationally. And it pre dates the Blanch nonsense, it pre dates Gemma O'Doherty going after her. She has been on a national pedestal since the day she was elected.

I loved raving til my very late 20's. Even still prone to the odd blow out when NPHET allows us again.

I think you would be more likely to have ran into Daniel O'Donnell at Godskitchen and the Temple Theatre than you would Hazel Chu, frankly.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,500 ✭✭✭✭elperello

No is the answer some of the time, not all of the time.

Yeah, I don't doubt she gets racist abuse. And that's crap and shouldn't happen.

But that shouldn't be a valid reason for her not facing criticism from time to time.....like when I criticise her for her stance that the Gardai murdered George Nkencho.

Can you link to where Hazel Chu said the Gardai murdered George Nkencho ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭doublejobbing 2

elperello wrote: »
    Can you link to where Hazel Chu said the Gardai murdered George Nkencho ?

https://twitter.com/hazechu/status/1344367123464925187?lang=en

That implies he was the victim.

I won't bother looking but I would bet 50 quid she didn't pass comment on the murder of the Garda in Mayo last summer.

• Advertisement

No it doesn't.

Not even in the slightest.

It's an exceptionally common thing to say when somebody has died.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement