Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lord Mayor of Dublin harassed at her home by protesters

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,311 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

https://twitter.com/hazechu/status/1344367123464925187?lang=en

That implies he was the victim.

I won't bother looking but I would bet 50 quid she didn't pass comment on the murder of the Garda in Mayo last summer.

While she found the time to convey her sympathies over the death of an armed man who assaulted members of the public and refused to surrender to Gardai in a 20 odd minute stand off, in a neighbouring council area, she somehow failed to bother conveying her condolences' to the family of a woman killed by a knife wielding crimnal in her own (DCC) district.

There was actually tweets before that one that she deleted.

Saying the Gards killed George because of his colour.

She cleverly deleted them 15 mins after.

Hate noone has the screen shots.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,745 ✭✭✭✭elperello

https://twitter.com/hazechu/status/1344367123464925187?lang=en

That implies he was the victim.

I won't bother looking but I would bet 50 quid she didn't pass comment on the murder of the Garda in Mayo last summer.

While she found the time to convey her sympathies over the death of an armed man who assaulted members of the public and refused to surrender to Gardai in a 20 odd minute stand off, in a neighbouring council area, she somehow failed to bother conveying her condolences' to the family of a woman killed by a knife wielding crimnal in her own (DCC) district.

Thanks for the prompt reply.

That link does not say that Hazel Chu accused the Gardai of murder.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭Daragh1980

The Left rarely condemn killing / murder of Gardai. Many of them have the ACAB mentality.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,036 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

I ask again. Who is the mayor of Cork, Waterford, Limerick etc etc. I was surprised to read her husband is a TD. I never heard of him, yet his local councillor wife is better known nationally. And it pre dates the Blanch nonsense, it pre dates Gemma O'Doherty going after her. She has been on a national pedestal since the day she was elected.

I loved raving til my very late 20's. Even still prone to the odd blow out when NPHET allows us again.

I think you would be more likely to have ran into Daniel O'Donnell at Godskitchen and the Temple Theatre than you would Hazel Chu, frankly.

and why would that be? because it's only white irish who like to rave?

maybe she does or did like night clubs, but realistically who actually cares apart from using it to have a go at her for the usual reasons?

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

Daragh1980 wrote: »
    The Left rarely condemn killing / murder of Gardai. Many of them have the ACAB mentality.

have you got any stats to back up that claim? have you done some sort of survey of the whole of the left to show that they don't condemn the killing of gardai? if you have could you post a link to the results of this survey + the questioneir you provided as part of your research?
    thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭doublejobbing 2

No it doesn't.

Not even in the slightest.

It's an exceptionally common thing to say when somebody has died.

But why would you bother?

A man is known to have attacked shop staff, he is then seen on a widely circulated video being shot as he attempts to stab a Garda.

Why would you bother expressing sympathy?

Did she express sympathy for the people who died while acting the bollix at the Capitol?

and why would that be? because it's only white irish who like to rave?

maybe she does or did like night clubs, but realistically who actually cares apart from using it to have a go at her for the usual reasons?

Just think she comes across as particularly bitter and nasty, therefore I find it hard to believe she likes having fun. A lot of lefties are fun averse, it's the reason so many of them love lockdown and take joy in the fact the pubs are closed.

have you got any stats to back up that claim? have you done some sort of survey of the whole of the left to show that they don't condemn the killing of gardai? if you have could you post a link to the results of this survey + the questioneir you provided as part of your research?
    thanks.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=113806252

A small sample size certainly, but I think it's pretty reflective.

Also, today's video from everyone's favorite advocacy group for intellectually subnormal rich kids, the Connolly Bowel Movement.

https://www.facebook.com/ConnollyYouth/videos/213789843775977/

Nearly 10,000 likes for this loony tune page.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

But why would you bother?

A man is known to have attacked shop staff, he is then seen on a widely circulated video being shot as he attempts to stab a Garda.

Why would you bother expressing sympathy?

Did she express sympathy for the people who died while acting the bollix at the Capitol?

A man lost his life and it was national news. Shes the mayor. Whats it to you who she expresses sympathy for? Its not a competition .

Im not saying I agree with her views on the murder, but to have a go over who she expresses sympathy for is just a bit much.

Did he break the law? It appears so.

Did he have to die? Probably considering his actions and the threat he posed.

Is it tragic thatbhe died? Yes, I wish he didnt have to die. I wish it was avoidable. For that reason, he has my sympathy as does any shop worker he attacked.

Just think she comes across as particularly bitter and nasty, therefore I find it hard to believe she likes having fun. A lot of lefties are fun averse, it's the reason so many of them love lockdown and take joy in the fact the pubs are closed.

the exceptence that lock down and the closure of non-essential businesses to control and minimise the spread of a very serious and highly spreadable and deadly virus is necessary is apolitical.
    as in it is cross left and right.
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=113806252

A small sample size certainly, but I think it's pretty reflective.

Also, today's video from everyone's favorite advocacy group for intellectually subnormal rich kids, the Connolly Bowel Movement.

https://www.facebook.com/ConnollyYouth/videos/213789843775977/

Nearly 10,000 likes for this loony tune page.

so no proof then that the left as a whole don't condemn the killing of gardai.
    just a couple of links that show a couple of people may not, all though in reality they likely do condemn the killing of gardai.
    grand so.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

beakerjoe wrote: »
    A man lost his life and it was national news. Shes the mayor. Whats it to you who she expresses sympathy for? Its not a competition .

Im not saying I agree with her views on the murder, but to have a go over who she expresses sympathy for is just a bit much.

Did he break the law? It appears so.

Is it tragic thatbhe died? Yes, I wish he didnt have to die. I wish it was avoidable. For that reason, he has my sympathy as does any shop worker he attacked.

She is not the mayor of Blanch/Ongar. She has absolutely nothing to do with that area. Did the mayor of Limerick express condolences?? He/She has the same connection with the area as Hazel Chu. Her Green Party colleague, David Healy, who is mayor of the area, was able to resist tweeting about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭DeadHand

Im not saying I agree with her views on the murder, but to have a go over who she expresses sympathy for is just a bit much

What murder? Thankfully, no murder occurred during the Clonee incident though the quickly ignored shop worker assaulted by the slain criminal involved was lucky not to be murdered.

The point is if the said criminal happened to be an indigenous Irish person Chu would not insert herself in the issue. She has revealed herself to be a professional race baiter who (along with many others) is generating racial tensions where none previously existed in order to advance her own profile, narrative and influence.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,762 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

I'm confused by your post.

You appear to be in the same boat as Chu by calling it a murder yet you also say that his actions pretty much caused him to be killed.

If his actions and the threat he posed warranted action that caused him to die, how was it a murder?

By the way, I've no problem with Chu sympathising with Nkencho's family. I do however have a problem with her calling it a racist murder.

DeadHand wrote: »
    What murder? Thankfully, no murder occurred during the Clonee incident though the quickly ignored shop worker assaulted by the slain criminal involved was lucky not to be murdered.

The point is if the said criminal happened to be an indigenous Irish person Chu would not insert herself in the issue. She has revealed herself to be a professional race baiter who (along with many others) is generating racial tensions where none previously existed in order to advance her own profile, narrative and influence.

Lawful killing, my bad.

I didnt ignore the shop worker so please dont mention that on your reply to me.

Unlawful killing, my bad.

I didnt ignore the shop worker so please dont mention that on your reply to me.

Unlawful in what way?

Unlawful in what way?

Would you believe I mistyped again. I meant lawful.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,652 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Would you believe I mistyped again. I meant lawful.

I don’t believe you.
    You said “murder” first.
    Your veil slipped imo.

I don’t believe you.
    You said “murder” first.
    Your veil slipped imo.

What veil? I incorrectly said murder and mistyped lawful.
    Read back my initial post and insert lawful killing in place of murder, I 'm sure it makes a lot more sense.

I don’t believe you.
    You said “murder” first.
    Your veil slipped imo.

complete non-issue, nothing slipped here, he mistyped a couple of times.
    not the end of the world, he cleared himself up, i and others knew very well what he meant.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

You'd think Chu would use her pinned Tweet to address the homelessness in Dublin, or the traffic perhaps, or something else local or green.

She doesn't though.
    It's about the US election and racism.
    THREAD: Since there's no immediate result on the US Election & I seem to be trending lets talk about the reason for the trending-RACISM. Some quick fires on the topic.

1)I call it out not to give it oxygen but if you're going to have the audacity to come at me, don't expect me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,508 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

No it doesn't.

Not even in the slightest.

It's an exceptionally common thing to say when somebody has died.

Would you go on Twitter and say RIP to some guy who assaulted a shop worker and was swinging a knife at the Guards?

Would you go on Twitter and say RIP to some guy who assaulted a shop worker and was swinging a knife at the Guards?

He was mentailly ill. Yeah, he was a danger and its a pity his death wasnt avoidable.

Its still a tragic loss of life. He appears not to have been scummer who has going around terrorisng the area for the craic.

Again it appears to be a lawful killing. It happens. It doesnt mean you cant by sad his death.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭TomTomTim

He was mentailly ill. Yeah, he was a danger and its a pity his death wasnt avoidable.

Its still a tragic loss of life. He appears not to have been scummer who has going around terrorisng the area for the craic.

Again it appears to be a lawful killing. It happens. It doesnt mean you cant by sad his death.

Has this been established? If not you're just speculating, which doesn't help.

“The man who lies to himself can be more easily offended than anyone else. You know it is sometimes very pleasant to take offense, isn't it? A man may know that nobody has insulted him, but that he has invented the insult for himself, has lied and exaggerated to make it picturesque, has caught at a word and made a mountain out of a molehill--he knows that himself, yet he will be the first to take offense, and will revel in his resentment till he feels great pleasure in it.”- ― Fyodor Dostoevsky, The Brothers Karamazov

TomTomTim wrote: »

Not helping what?

Its been reported in the news that his family state he had mental health problems. Its fair to consider it IMO until there is evidence to counter it.

Do you have any reason to believe he wasnt mentally ill?

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭RandRuns

TomTomTim wrote: »

I laughed when I saw the immediate diagnoses of insanity by the usual suspects at the time. An immediate insanity diagnosis used to only apply to islamic terrorists, but now apparently the doctors of the left can immediately diagnose it when a black person goes postal too.

Not helping what?

Its been reported in the news that his family state he had mental health problems. Its fair to consider it IMO until there is evidence to counter it.

Do you have any reason to believe he wasnt mentally ill?

Well the lack of any sign of a diagnosis. Mental health problems isn't a disease nor diagnosis. As far as I've read none of his family have any medical qualifications.

This is also the same family who claimed he had a butter knife, and that he was lying on the ground complying with the 35 Gardai before they riddled him with bullets. So I'm gonna go ahead and take what they say with a mountain of salt.

Well the lack of any sign of a diagnosis. Mental health problems isn't a disease nor diagnosis. As far as I've read none of his family have any medical qualifications.

This is also the same family who claimed he had a butter knife, and that he was lying on the ground complying with the 35 Gardai before they riddled him with bullets. So I'm gonna go ahead and take what they say with a mountain of salt.

But his family would be best placed to know if he has had any mental issues or if he has seen a medical professional who diagnosed him.

Im not mental health expert, but I know it can be clear in a lot of cases if someone is suffering from mental health.

The second paragraph, yeah, if the claimed that they did their themselves no favours.

Im sure all teh facts will come out upon the investigation. Until then thats all we have to rely on.

biko wrote: »
    You'd think Chu would use her pinned Tweet to address the homelessness in Dublin, .

Any meaningful attempt to tackle the housing crisis would involve things that would be regarded as racist.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,762 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

What difference does it make if he had mental health problems or not?

If he did what he did either because of mental problems or just pure criminality, the actions of the Gardai would have been the same.

• Advertisement

BattleCorp wrote: »
    What difference does it make if he had mental health problems or not?

If he did what he did either because of mental problems or just pure criminality, the actions of the Gardai would have been the same.

It means Id have sympathy for him depending what he suffered with. Yes the Garda actions would be the same, but how I and others feel about the incident then changes.

If he was just a scummer attacking people because he was a thief or out of boredum Id have no time for him. Good riddance.

If hes suffering from a mental illness that causes delusions, psychosis etc, then Id feel sorry for him.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement