Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TIDAL (Equiv to Spotify) for 1.11/month SEE OP POST

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,865 ✭✭✭Soarer

Resubscribed using Tidal Brazil.

It was $19.99 per month for HiFi Plus with a 30 day trial. When I went to subscribe, it offered me the option to extend the trial period to 60 days for the princely sum of $4. So I did that, and I'm now subbed until the 8th of December. Gonna see what happens with Black Friday in the meantime, but another 2 months for $2 per month isn't too bad.

As for transferring playlists, this is the way I did it and it seemed to work ok.

Login to your current Tidal account, go to share your playlist and copy the link.

Logout of Tidal.

Paste the link into a web browser.

The browser will give you the option to "open in Tidal".

Select this, and login using the new login details.

The old playlist opens in the new account, and all you have to do is save it as whatever.

That mightn't be exactly what I did, but it's close enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Albanach1

My Argentinian Tidal went today when the next payment was due. Moved to YouTube Music Turkey, 8 see what folk mean about it not looking as nice as Tidal or Spotify.

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭Rustyman101

Moved to Romania over the weekend, 7 euros a month for family account.

Hopefully it will be more stable than Arg & Turkey.

No issues with VPN used free tunnel bear.

Turn off vpn before you pay ! Used standard revolut.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭bazwaldo

My Tidal stopped for me yesterday. I think I was signed up to Argentina.

I went with setting up a new google account in Turkey and created a spotify family account. For each family member I had to create a Turkey google account for them and was able to share invite link for the new account to join. Works out at about €2 a month for the family sub. Hopefully it lasts.

The way I did it was created all google accounts with VPN set to Turkey. I used the free Seed4 me VPN. I created the first account using an old phone and adding a new google account. Then added my revolut as Turkey payment card. Used embassy address. I mostly followed https://www.ozbargain.com.au/node/790069 but I think adding to google family was not needed. Maybe for Google One sharing it is. All the family accounts I created on my phone, VPN on to Turkey, used their Irish numbers to verify account. Once created I used the invite link. In spotify it asks for your address, here I was able to select my Irish address. As long as all accounts match that address in Spotify and all google accounts have same region, it should work.

It might work with all google accounts being set to Ireland, and you just need the Turkish payment card, but I didn't try. It would be much easier if it did but I had already setup the first account in Turkey so I was stuck with that.

First month is free too on trial.

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Mister Gooey

Took the Romania option. Let's see how long before I have to move country again!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Del007

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Mister Gooey

Took HiFi Plus at €1.60 per month for the first 2 months and then goes up to €4 per month. You can cancel at any time.

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭phunkadelic

Are you sure a Turkish Google account is required for deezer?

It would make sense for yt music as that is Google owned. But how would deezer know where the Google account is based?

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭baingal nancer

No not sure tbh but was just following what others were saying in the chat.

Have to say aswell I'm finding Deezer great since using it, playlists all transfered over from tidal aswell via Deezer app

• Registered Users Posts: 12,414 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Some subscriptions work easily through google play e.g. disneyplus or deezer or ssportplus or F1 TV Pro for example.

• Advertisement

Do you mean Google Pay?

That would make sense all right. Will give it a go, as it wont accept my revolut card.

No, Play as that's where the subscriptions are. It then processes the payment through google pay.

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭markad1

Tidal (Argentina) email this morning to say my HiFi Plus Family renewal is going up to $890.00. No mention of cancellation, yet. I use Revolut.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,511 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Hello,
    Your TIDAL subscription has been canceled due to non-payment.
    Don't worry; Your playlists and favorites will still be there if you reactivate your account. Press the button below.

Right,

Where now?

Great, that worked a treat. Thanks for the info. I didn't realise some third parties used Google play to access google account info.

Does anyone know if a separate Google Turkey account is required for other family members I invite?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭ooter

@phunkadelic can I ask what VPN did you use?

If I set my VPN (express) to turkey and open the deezer app I get € prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,103 ✭✭✭seanin4711

alternative streaming options anyone??? desperate as irish radio is terrible!!!

I used seed4me. I did everything from a different phone. So connected VPN to seed4me, then created a new google account which was added to the phone as a google account. Then launched google play and downloaded Deezer. It asked me to choose a google account, so I chose the new Turkish account. Google Pay then lets you setup a credit card. I used revolut, but I don't know if an Irish cc would work too.

Then when you launch the deezer app, and login, it gives you the option to pay the Turkish price.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,528 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Download an app called Simple Radio and favourite a few radio stations. Radio Free Brooklyn, KUSF, WWOZ, KUTZ, KEXP. Keep you going! Great app.

• Advertisement

Great. Different interface to tidal/spotify but it does the job.

I like the selection it chooses when you've finished your chosen song

Yeah I have skipped between Spotify, Deezer and Tidal for years. They are broadly the same. The only thing I will miss from Tidal is the videos, I used that feature a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 DeiseBoy

After my Tidal Argentina a/c closed, I signed up to South Africa. Painless process using Tunnelbear VPN for Chrome plugin. I took the option to extend the free HIFI PLUS 30 day trial to 60 days for R24 / €1.18 and the full monthly subscription amount of R119.99 / €6. Wanted the Hifi Plus for my ROON integration. Good value compared to the €20 p.m.here. Accepted my multi-use Virtual Revolut with no issues. Youtube Argentina still going strong at €1.05. Don't really use YT Music - worth the €1.05 to skip the ads!

Will we have the same issue with YouTube via Argentina?

could you continue on with your library etc from Argentina Tidal? or did you have to start over with new email address etc?thanks

i dont get any option to re sign up to tidal,will only accept my argentinian logon ,no new sign up option!in romania with TB VPN.

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭Rustyman101

You have too log out of all existing accounts.

Go incognito

Turn on VPN to Rom

Enter card details

Switch off VPN before you pay.

You will know if VPN is working as the currency should match the chosen destination.

That's what worked for me anyways.

I can answer my own question here. To invite deezer family members you need to tell them to download seed4me and connect that before accepting the invite.

But it doesn't matter where their Google account is located. So an Irish Google account is fine as long as its on the Turkish vpn

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭Jo Satan

I just got the boot from Argentina.

I have 3 free spots in Romania HiFi Plus Family for €2 per month each.

Advertisement