Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Joe Biden Presidency thread *Please read OP - Threadbanned Users Added 4/5/21*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,368 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

Some of the presidents that had dogs at the White House had virtually no interaction with the dogs and only did it for publicity.

FFS, you can do better than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,291 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Who knew that having a dog wihen you're US president was so precious to people.

Bomb all you like, but please have a dog.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,564 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

And yet Trump couldn't bring himself to do it. Not like he is against lying or such.

It a simple, harmless PR spin. Make the POTUS seem more family-like, like millions of Americans that have dogs.

It doesn't mean anything, of course, any more than standing in front of a church with an upsidedown bible means you like religion, but Trump somehow felt the need to do that, and gas the public out of way in order to do so, but couldn't bring himself to get a dog.

It's brilliant isn't it, that this is all the criticism of Biden you can manage.

It's brilliant isn't it, that this is all the criticism of Biden you can manage.

Don't forget the Rolex!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Some of the presidents that had dogs at the White House had virtually no interaction with the dogs and only did it for publicity.

Some of the presidents that had press secretaries at the White House had their press secretaries communicate with the press on a daily basis and not run off in a strop when called out on their lies.

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭nolivesmatter

Leroy42 wrote: »
    And yet Trump couldn't bring himself to do it. Not like he is against lying or such.

It a simple, harmless PR spin. Make the POTUS seem more family-like, like millions of Americans that have dogs.

It doesn't mean anything, of course, any more than standing in front of a church with an upsidedown bible means you like religion, but Trump somehow felt the need to do that, and gas the public out of way in order to do so, but couldn't bring himself to get a dog.

It's really more an insight into the American people than any particular president.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭randd1

It's really more an insight into the American people than any particular president.

Candidate 1 - I have an agenda for government that, using a modest tax increase on lower and middle wage earners and a significant rise in tax on high wage earners, aims to provide free healthcare to all, subsidized education, community work programmes for the unemployed, and with further common sense policies that give small businesses more capital and a better chance for survival as well as provide a batter work/life balance for the people.

'Round of Applause amongst crowd'

Candidate 2 - I like Johnny Cash, Nascar, football, guns and I freakin love Jesus! USA forever!!!

'Crazed hysteria amongst crowd'

And you can be sure it'll hit over here as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭12gauge dave

Leroy42 wrote: »

You just couldn't resist bringing trump into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭nolivesmatter

randd1 wrote: »
    Candidate 1 - I have an agenda for government that, using a modest tax increase on lower and middle wage earners and a significant rise in tax on high wage earners, aims to provide free healthcare to all, subsidized education, community work programmes for the unemployed, and with further common sense policies that give small businesses more capital and a better chance for survival as well as provide a batter work/life balance for the people.

Candidate 2 - I like Johnny Cash, Nascar, football, guns and I freakin love Jesus! USA forever!!!

I was just referring to the comment about the influence having a dog has on public perception of a president.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭TheAsYLuMkeY

randd1 wrote: »

AND I LIKE TO PLACE MY HANDS ON YOUNG GIRLS AND WOMEN INNAPROPRIATLEY

https://streamable.com/imdpm6

• Registered Users Posts: 7,931 ✭✭✭Christy42

How do you feel about stopping the support for the bombing in Yemen? Surely that is a good step for this regard.

Bombing seems independent of having a dog given it has grown under every president with or without a dog.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,345 ✭✭✭fergiesfolly

I suppose Trump could've gotten one of those robot dogs...
    But then that would've been fake dog, so...

I'll get me coat.

Well if you've got any Joe Biden scandals that don't amount to conspiracies etc, you're free to post them. If they're bad faith arguments or outright misrepresentations then they're likely to get called out.

I will leave it to you to decide what you think about this video and what kind of a man Joe Biden is.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

I will leave it to you to decide what you think about this video and what kind of a man Joe Biden is.

This video is probably the most posted video in this thread.

You can do surely better than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,564 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

You just couldn't resist bringing trump into it.

Well yeah. Trump was the most recent POTUS not to have a WH dog.

The poster was making the, valid, point that it is meaningless and seems that the US voters care more about that then US bombing people.

So it is relevant to show an example of a person that didn't do it. But not doing it didn't stop them from courting PR and public opinion.

So it serves a purpose and not something to get worried about. It harmless.

This video is probably the most posted video in this thread.

You can do surely better than that.

Didnt know it was posted before.

And no, no need to do better than that,

Any man that thinks it is appropriate to run your fingers through a pre teen girls hair, smell her hair, put your hand on her waist, or near the front of an under ten year old girls chest has not got a correctly pointing moral compass.

That video says enough.

Any man that thinks it is appropriate to run your fingers through a pre teen girls hair, smell her hair, put your hand on her waist, or near the front of an under ten year old girls chest has not got a correctly pointing moral compass.

That video says enough.

Okay, thanks for the doctored video. Bye.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

That video says enough.

All it says is that you're the kind of guy who watches manipulated, sexually charged videos of old people and children.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,486 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

That video says enough.

As opposed to the last fella in the WH that used to walk into changing rooms unannounced when teenage girls were in a state of undress, but hey we don't talk about that do we

FYI, The first girl in your doctored video is his own granddaughter;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82,254 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

So much for the GOPs desire for media toughness. Marjorie Taylor Greene has reporter ejected for daring to answer a question about her endorsement of democrat-assassination fantasies

https://twitter.com/meredithawrcb/status/1354583053444780032?s=21
    [url]

• Registered Users Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭randd1

I was just referring to the comment about the influence having a dog has on public perception of a president.

Yeah, I got that.

It's not the policy that effects you that doesn't count, it's the personality traits that doesn't affect you that does.

As opposed to the last fella in the WH that used to walk into changing rooms unannounced when teenage girls were in a state of undress, but hey we don't talk about that do we

FYI, The first girl in your doctored video is his own granddaughter;)

Ahh lads, don’t get your back up now.

In regards to the previous president, he was and is a self absorbed narcissistic twat,

Telling me one of the girls is his grand daughter only tells me he doesn’t curtail his creepiness to his own family.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,229 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Ahh lads, don’t get your back up now.

In regards to the previous president, he was and is a self absorbed narcissistic twat,

Telling me one of the girls is his grand daughter only tells me he doesn’t curtail his creepiness to his own family.

Your assumption is based on a doctored video. It displays a severe lack of critical thinking

I watched the video. He is very carefully and obviously placing the kids in front of him for photos. That's it. Nothing creepy at all. If you think that he is going to grope kids in front of the American press and on camera then you are a fool. If you think that doctored video proves that he is 'creepy' then you are a bigger fool.

duploelabs wrote: »
    Your assumption is based on a doctored video. It displays a severe lack of critical thinking

My assumption?

I am looking at a man place his hands on young girls totally inappropriately repeatedly. I assume he doesn't know what is correct and acceptable and likes to put his hand inappropriately on young girls.

Ive seen the 12:15 second version of the video.

The edited version doesn't change anything, and the longer version doesn't make it less pervy.

I watched the video. He is very carefully and obviously placing the kids in front of him for photos. That's it. Nothing creepy at all. If you think that he is going to grope kids in front of the American press and on camera then you are a fool. If you think that doctored video proves that he is 'creepy' then you are a bigger fool.

Let me put it to you,

If you were there for that photo shoot, and Joe Biden started running his fingers through your pre teen daughters hair, and then place his hand on her side just above her hip.

Would you feel OK with it?

Let me put it to you,

If you were there for that photo shoot, and Joe Biden started running his fingers through your pre teen daughters hair, and then place his hand on her side just above her hip.

Yeah actually, I would. He's very used to dealing with children considering he was a single parent for a number of years, has four kids and has grandchildren. Again, if you think he's going to grope a child in front of the American press and on camera, then you are conditioned and deluded.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭WrenBoy

Let me put it to you,

Yeah actually, I would. He's very used to dealing with children considering he was a single parent for a number of years, has four kids and has grandchildren. Again, if you think he's going to grope a child in front of the American press and on camera, then you are conditioned and deluded.

That'd be a no from me dawg.

• Advertisement

No need to inch towards insults.

I am saying it as it is.

To coordinate children into the correct location for a photo, does not require you to run your fingers through their hair, smell their hair, or put your hands on their hips or shoulders.

It is not appropriate the way he is conducting himself in that footage with young girls.

Advertisement