Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish (ISEQ) share chat

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,166 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

The projected revenue value of the well is above a billion. Ryan has enacted a clause that was bough in post original exploration liciences.

Lansdowne oil and Gas is a partner and already is initiating legal proceedings as it is probably protected by international exploration treaties

There will be freedom of information requests and God know what will come from them.

There is also the fact that Ryan and the Government have put unrealistic financial expectations that no micro exploration company could fullfil. Finally this may seem to be a political ideology ruling by Ryan.

Slava Ukrainii

• Registered Users Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭littlevillage

Big drop for BOI today down to bout €8.80. Buying opportunity, I wonder ???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭tesla_newbie

I’m more interested in buying Smurfit Kappa , terrific dividend and a stellar company

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭daheff

• Advertisement

So with the immenient departure of CRH, Smurfit & Flutter how long before Kingspan, Ryanair and Glanbia bail out on the ISEQ (Euronext Dublin)?

In related news big fall in the SP of CRH (leaving ISEQ on 25 Sept) and Smurfit (Market feels it paying too much for West rock).

I sold my ISEQ listed CRH shares recently in anticipation of a sell off due to the switch over, I bought US listed CRH shares instead as I still believe the company can do really well out of increased USA infrastructure spending.... the whole switching of the primary listing to the US might help the US listed SP too in the short term.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Green Penguin

Anyone know much about Mincon??

Big price drop over last few months, P/E at about 9 or so now.

Is it worth a look or going nowhere?

I own some shares of Mincon. Yeah the fall has been fairly spectacular, a few large projects have been mothballed etc. I don't know if these setbacks are just bumps in the road or could be a threat to the company’s viability going forward. Hopefully the former as I'm already under water by about 25%. and the ISEQ really cannot keep losing companies.

Things were going great guns for them just a year ago, with mining on the up, US infrastructure projects, renewables (Wind farms etc.) but with small companies a couple of big projects get canned and things can look very bleak very quickly. Fingers crossed here🤞

The SP drop seems extreme its gone from €1.15 in May to €0.55 now..that's over 50%.... whereas profit estimates have only taken a 30% haircut.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Green Penguin

Thanks for that detail, digging in a bit more into the company, feels like an opportunity.

Yes have experienced that in a number of small companies though over the years that one or two setbacks can really knock them back.

• Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭techman1

Is the iseq finished now after these big name exits. How does that read internationally seen as ireland supposedly has a very large financial services sector.

Could this be viewed badly internationally given that it focuses more on ireland has a tax haven for huge multinationals rather than as a home for run of the mill publicity quoted stocks

• Advertisement

Mincon up nearly 7% today (on fairly small volume) but that might be the signal that it has bottomed out. At some point Mgmt might consider a buy out as they already own about 57% of the company (three other large shareholders own another 30% between them)

See link below

https://live.euronext.com/en/product/equities/IE00BD64C665-XESM/company-information

Kenmare Resources looking tasty these days. €4.50 down from €5.70 in April, making shed loads of money (at last), p/e 2.5 and a Div Yield of 12%.

Obviously due to past sins the market is punishing them with a lowly rating, but this has to be a target for soneone to buy out eventually. The General Reserve Fund of Oman owns 21.5% of the shares already....they are the obvious buyers.

DYOR.

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭notsocutehoor

Not alone will the ISEQ struggle, London is in the firing line as well, with CRH up 20% since listing in New York and Flutter about to follow them across the pond there will surely be many more companies looking enviously at whats happening

Also the iseq very volatile since these big exits ,it's not following any pattern at all, it could be down 150 one day, then up 100 the next when the ftse might only move a few points

Bank of Ireland getting a bit of a hammering recently. Down from almost €10.88 in Mar to €9 a few weeks ago to under €8 now. About a 30% decline in 8 months.

AIB hasn't dropped at all in the same time period

Did read an interesting article about recently departed CEO Francesa McDonagh, who might have 'doctored' the books a little bit and pulled forward earnings etc. to paint a better picture of things before she bailed out and now they are suffering.

Anyway, I'm adding BOI as its a chance to lower my BEP

I see ires reit in the news again, the ceo is resigning , and a Canadian fund who owns a chunk of ires are again trying to force changes on the board and take ires private to capitalise on its asset portfolio which is not reflected in current share price. The share has had a good lift in price as a result of all this

• Registered Users Posts: 2,853 ✭✭✭cute geoge

Not following Iseq with a bit ,currently sitting on BoI ,kingspan ,ryanair and fbd .Fbd flatlining is the only negative but will probably turn the bend soon with insurance renewal prices climbing.Have you any nuggets of wisdom for future investment .Kerry looks tempting but seem to be in the doldrums .What sort of a company are uniphar ,I made good profit out of united drug previously .Dalata hotel group is another one that is interesting

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Kerl

Just read the article. Share price is recovering a little but not exactly soaring away. I'm in here. thought it was one of my bad decisions but you never know.

Advertisement