Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Irish (ISEQ) share chat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭bcklschaps

Hope you took that punt on FBD? major re-rating and SP jumped about 20% yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Lad GAGA

Davy's have a price target of just over €13 for FBD. They haven't been allowed pay any dividends for the last couple of years but they had planned to pay a special dividend of c€1 per share when their plans had to be scrapped a coupe of years ago. That should restart this year. They announced on Friday that their expected profit for last year will most likely exceed €100m, way ahead of market forecasts. They mentioned that, in addition to light claims, built into this was very strong investment returns. Their current NAV is 11.37 and that's before last years results are released in March. So all in all even at the current 10.30 they may well be a good investment but DYOR.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭Gorteen

I did take a punt! I'm up 23% today!!! If only it was always this easy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭carrickbawn

Can someone tell me if FBD paid the dividend this month. I know there was pressure to cancel it.

• Advertisement

Yes the €1 dividend was paid in May. I'm not aware of any pressure around paying it, in fact they indicated that they want to maintain this level of dividend going forward if the company's finances can accommodate it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭cute geoge

Shares are taking a hammering and the outlook is poor .I am in lucky position to have sat on my hands .Does any company in the iseq show any value at present .Kingspan stands out to me as it has taking a bit of a tumble down to 54 euro have not heard any press of reason of downturn besides the obvious ,I will be thinking long and hard before pulling the trigger anyway .

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Green Penguin

Kingspan, Kerry and Flutterall look decent at current price for me, looking at them on a longer term basis.

Don't be a fool. Kingspan is an oddball company.....

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Diairist

That sentiment is in the article in The Phoenix magazine this week. When they swing up, it's spectacular but...

• Advertisement

Exactly. I based my opinion on that recent Phoenix article and a few others that I have come accross over the years.

The gist of which is that they were in the right sector at the right time.... But even soo, through a mixture of incompetence/arrogance they nearly screwed up.

.I am only an amateur ,how have they screwed up .

They are in the right sector at the moment and probably moreso into the future .They seem a good price at moment and for an ordinary Joe seem value.

I bought bol dear ,but doubled up big time when the price tanked ,just my gut feeling .I have a similar hunch with Kingspan

Maybe start by reading that article in the Phoenix. Then maybe have a read of this

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2021/apr/14/investors-sell-off-shares-in-grenfell-tower-cladding-firm-kingspan

• Registered Users Posts: 35 TheFinanceGod

What broker can I buy PVR on?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

Kingspan has been very expensive for years but could justify it with huge growth quarter after quarter

• Registered Users Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭littlevillage

Fair play to anyone who took the plunge on Kingspan a couple of weeks back.... you should be looking at 15% profit already. (I didn't chance it myself)

I did however take a punt on Ryanair which has also been doing nicely.

Very positive note in the Phoenix this week too. (The gist of which is if they dump O'Leary and get Willie Walsh or someone of his ilk the company could double in value very quickly).

I did not pull the trigger the last time kingspan went to 50 but they are back there again ,the war will probably drive markets lower again .Is it time to sit on our hands a bit longer ,Bank of ire. are flying doubled on them ,I actually bought them 3 times 2 of which times were a rob and the 3rd time doubled up bigtime at a pittence price .Thinking should I just buy % of kingspan and see how they preform .

Anything else of value ?

i have a 1000 ryanair which are down 5% from purchase price years ago ,probably enough of them

Yeah, Ryanair, Kingspan, Kenmare Resources all looking very appetising at current prices. But you just don't know where things are going to go.

I can see why the weak English pound would drag down Ryanair & Kingspan... but its a mystery why Kenmare is down 7% today. (Might be to do with going Ex Dividend recently)

Anyway, I picked up a couple Kingspan and a few Kenmare today to add to my existing holdings and bring my BEP down.

Just giving an update on my stocks ,

My shares are up 50 % bought over 3 years

bank of I up 100%

fbd up 10%

ryanair up 10%

Kingspan up 10 %

I am thinking of just holding them any other opinions ,I will try not lose my shirt and so far I have bought pretty well and timed market ,I will definitly off load bank of i. when it hits 10 euro .

Fbd & kingspan seems to be going ok

Ryanair usual ?

is there any others in Iseq to keep watch on

FBD up to €13 today, with bumper profits of c€70m for last year to be announced in March, way ahead of all forecasts. Looks like another dividend of €1 could be on the cards, Davy has an upgraded price target of €15 per share.

• Advertisement

Some nice movements over last few weeks, iseq up 16% ytd now..

Yeah, ISEQ absolutely flying in 2023. Banks, and the large caps (CRH, Ryanair, Flutter) driving it. But I suppose if you take a longer term view, it's only recovering ground that it's lost in the last 2 years.

Interesting article by Brian Carey in the Sun Times on Flutter and their likely US listing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭tesla_newbie

I see the board of directors at IRES reit have gotten it in the neck from activist investor vision capital, they want it sold to a private company, I’m a shareholder and voted against the reelection of all of the directors ( proxy vote), the performance of IRES has been pitiful

Post edited by tesla_newbie on

Couple of years back all the jargon was to invest in these reit instead of property ,you could get ther same return as property without any of the hassle .Would not mind but when these reit starting purchasing property it was on the floor after the crash .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭tesla_newbie

REIT,s are pitched as a hassle free proxy for the housing market, whatever about how they fare in America ( where they’ve been a feature for fifty years) , they have been largely a failure in most of Europe,the likes of IRES has a good yield but a bond is a much better investment if steady income is someone’s priority , no one is going to invest in IRES paying 4% when many governments are paying over 3%

I invested in the commercial reit Hibernia a few years ago when it was cheap, it got bought out so I realised a gain of 40% plus , I’m hoping that the same happens with IRES

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Diairist

I got a couple of REIT's in 2014. When I copped that all of London's financial giants weren't fleeing to Dublin after Brexit I got out. As above, it was only when I sold that I realised how many free shares had been pumped into my holding. Good outcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

Ryan could be letting the State open to a 1 billion plus liability

Slava Ukrainii

• Advertisement

Advertisement