Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What does the future hold for Donald Trump? - threadbans in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,259 ✭✭✭Cody montana

A judge has denied Fox News' motion to dismiss Dominion Voting's $1.6 billion lawsuit.

Dominion's closely-watched defamation case will proceed toward trial. Dominion is expected to seek internal Fox communications and testimony from Fox higher-ups during discovery.

Hope it bankrupts them.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,088 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,088 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

Fox will tie this up. For years in layers of court actions and appeals. Ultimately, they will settle. Without claiming they were wrong.

Should Canada build a wall? And get Trump Corporation to pay for it?

NYT Dec 17, 2021: "Omicron Threatens Red America...unvaccinated Americans — who are disproportionately Republican — are now in even more danger than a few weeks ago. Omicron seems to be qualitatively more contagious than any earlier variant." Will the Reds self destruct? Will Trump in 2024?

Ref:

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/12/17/briefing/omicron-spread-red-america.html

• Advertisement

Rick Perry, Trump’s Secretary of Energy, texted @MarkMeadows

“Why can’t the states of GA, NC, PA and other R-controlled state houses declare this is BS (where conflicts and election not called that night) and just send their own electors to vote and have it go to the SCOTUS?”

• Registered Users Posts: 22,624 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

• Registered Users Posts: 11,225 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

The term 'florida man' shouldn't become a term to pass this off, like lone wolf

• Registered Users Posts: 13,232 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

• Registered Users Posts: 21,525 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Yes, but when she saw the lay of the land, she rowed back from that dramatically. Link

Washington (CNN)Former UN Ambassador Nikki Haley on Monday said she would back her onetime boss, former President Donald Trump, if he decides to run for the Republican Party's presidential nomination again in 2024 and not mount a bid against him.

"Yes," Haley, the former Republican governor of South Carolina, said in response to a question from The Associated Press during a news conference at South Carolina State University when asked if she would support another White House bid from Trump. Haley explained that she would not launch her own presidential campaign "if President Trump ran, and I would talk to him about it."

And your first paragraph is why she'll probably be forgiven for her earlier comments.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,023 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

Are you shocked? Apart from being actually from NY, he screams Florida Man.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,225 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

I know it's a meme, but it shouldn't be used as an excuse for people doing stupid and dangerous ****. Ie oh he stormed the Capitol building and assaulted some police offices 'Oh Florida man, whataygonna do?' (Seinfeld bass sting plays)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,232 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Speaking of the #2xIMPOTUS, seems he threw American Jews (the ones that vote Democratic) under the anti-semitic bus in a recent interview

Several doozys:

Didn't like Netanyahu for congratulating Biden:

“He was very early—like, earlier than most. I haven’t spoken to him since. **** him,”

Tired Anti-semitic tropes; fwiw the Sulzberger's that run the NYT today, are Presbyterians:

I grew up where my father was very close to many Jewish people because it was Brooklyn real estate, Brooklyn and Queens. Many Jewish friends. A great love of Israel, which has dissipated over the years for many people in the United States. I must be honest, it’s a dangerous thing that’s happening. I told Avi, I told others, people in this country that are Jewish no longer love Israel. I’ll tell you the evangelical Christians love Israel more than the Jews in this country. It used to be that Israel used to have absolute power over Congress. And today it’s the exact opposite. And I think Obama and Biden did that. And in the election, they still get a lot of votes from Jewish people, which tells you that the Jewish people, and I’ve said this for a long time—the Jewish people in the United States either don’t like Israel or don’t care about Israel. I mean you look at the New York Times—the New York Times hates Israel. Hates it. And they’re Jewish people that run the New York Times, the Sulzbergers. 

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2021/12/donald-trump-shared-some-thoughts-about-netanyahu-israel-and-the-jews.html

• Registered Users Posts: 19,256 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

This man's life is absolutely ruined as a result of what Trump did.

He wound them up and left them go.

Trump couldn't find two sh1ts about this man, his family or his future and now he is hung out to dry in prison.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,314 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Whilst I agree the Trump wound them up and doesn’t care about what he’s done, these people only ultimately have themselves to blame. They fell for a scam because it suited them and their beliefs. They knew on January 6 exactly what they were at and if they didn’t foresee it ending badly for them then I have absolutely no sympathy. They are people who famously believe in individual rights and that includes the right to be dumb beyond belief.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭Kaybaykwah

Yes, Ted Cruz was born in Calgary AB. Weird that he even got to run for pres-o-dent when everybody had once stomped on Obama’s "fake birth certificate ".

Canada had a funny thing going in the Vietnam era. Back in the early eighties, I worked with a guy who had dodged the draft. There were many scattered all across the country. I think that there were 50,000 dodgers and about the same number of Canadians joined the ranks of the US forces at that time. Tit for tat.

As much as I like the US and appreciate the energy and enterprise, there are so many things awry with their system. There is a lot of despair in that part of the population that has to go without a social net, and the high cost of health and education are dreadfully wrong. Ordinary folk had all the reasons in the world to claim that the elites had abandoned them. The only problem is that the elites reside in left and right edges of the political spectrum, not just left. I think Chump has a chance of getting back in, but as others have said; he has opened the door fo newfangled little tyrants to come about.

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭The Quintessence Model

• Registered Users Posts: 16,625 ✭✭✭✭banie01

From Trump's own mouth.

Supporting Israel was and is never about the Israeli's and all about the Bible belt. As for whether or not he is an anti-Semite? I think the clips speak for him better than I could.

Pulitzer Prize-winning investigative journalist David Cay Johnston says he’s “certain” Trump will soon be indicted for racketeering in New York and that “Trump will have to surrender himself to be booked.”

Not sure how credible, but it would be a nice Christmas present.

• Advertisement

He certainly seems nervous. (A new level of compete projection and bullsh1t btw)

Heaven knows he wasn't moved to post something like this because all his loyal followers are getting thrown in the clink. He couldn't give two sh1ts about them.

Anyway, too many false dawns with justice being promised against 45.

I'll wait and see.

“Trump is under confirmed criminal investigation in three different jurisdictions, two of which have reached the grand jury stage.”

Cy Vance has 2 weeks left as Manhattan DA, so well see.

People sure do feel confident online though.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,624 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Posting a photoshopped crowd because nobody is going to his shïtty "tour" 😂

This is the actual crowd

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭Detritus70

While agree that the Jan 6 rioters carry a large portion of the blame, it also is true that the conman is also always responsible for the con.

"I'm not a Trump supporter, but..." is the new "I'm not a racist, but...".

More than a whiff of desperation - Can donny's nerves hold out until Jan 6th?

No I'm sorry they are fully to blame for their own actions. This doesn't absolve Trump either.

He was the ringleader.

It all happened because of him.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,236 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

For over 4 decades Trump has frequented courts. He has filed actions against others, while others have filed cases against him. He has won some, lost and settled many. He had already been indicted for alleged fraud and racketeering in both California and New York for the now defunct Trump University. He made it go away with a $20 million dollar settlement. With Trump money talks and charges walk.

He and his legal firms that represent him are absolutely expert at the fine art of delay tactics. For example, it has been how many years that his tax returns were not disclosed?

David Cay Johnston needs to factor in Trump’s massive delay tactics and skill at dodging charges before suggesting that anything will happen to Trump in criminal court.

Plus I do not believe that the Republicans or Democrats want to convict or imprison a former president, no matter how much noise they make before the news media. Furthermore, Trump’s impeachment was only to remove from office, and not a ticket to Club Fed, had he lost the first or second attempts.

Yes. But those who turned up turned up under their own free will.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,525 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

I believe Trump has done various things that he should be prosecuted for as I believe he is very likely guilty of at least fraud and sexual assault and probably other items when it comes to pressuring election officials and inciting an insurrection.

But I too have argued that the American establishment absolutely does not want to see an American President in the dock, let alone in jail.

And we are probably already in the place that any serious move towards arresting him would be said to be politically motivated and with Hannity, Ingraham, Carlson inciting their audiences with respect to this. We could actually see violence as a consequence which could feasibly escalate to all out war given the tension and the itchy fingers of many second amendment advocates who make up his base.

His health is still the most likely thing that might impact his running in 2024.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement