Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What does the future hold for Donald Trump? - threadbans in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,306 ✭✭✭newhouse87

Just glanced at your 200+ posts in current affairs on here. On topics relating to BLM, gun control in the US, anything which might be considered liberal or progressive, you have strikingly similar views to those expressed by many people who are openly fans of his.

So, you tell us? Are you a Trump supporter or do you think he was a bad President in contrast to what the 74M who voted for him think and who have similar views to you on everything else?

I have already said im a moderate conservative so all my posts should reflect that, no surprise for you there im sure. I doubt all trump supporters agreed with me on Derrek Chauvin being guilty among other things in my postings. Im quite flattered you "glanced" at my 200 posts. Trump was way too divisive for my liking so no i was not a trump supporter but i suppose you missed the posts where i called him a moron among other things. See the problem with some of ye is that if a poster doesn't agree with your views ye automatically think they are far right trump supporters. Im objective i can like policies on both sides and do,just im more conservative. Its quite clear tell me how, you are blinkered and will only have one set of views and are not open to even listening to the other side. BTW what are my posts on gun control in the us that are similar to trump supporters. I honestly cant remember but i do think gun crime is ridiculous in the states and would be in favor of totally removing them if possible which its evidently not.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,525 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

newhouse87 wrote: »
    I have already said im a moderate conservative so all my posts should reflect that, no surprise for you there im sure. I doubt all trump supporters agreed with me on Derrek Chauvin being guilty among other things in my postings. Im quite flattered you "glanced" at my 200 posts. Trump was way too divisive for my liking so no i was not a trump supporter but i suppose you missed the posts where i called him a moron among other things. See the problem with some of ye is that if a poster doesn't agree with your views ye automatically think they are far right trump supporters. Im objective i can like policies on both sides and do,just im more conservative. Its quite clear tell me how, you are blinkered and will only have one set of views and are not open to even listening to the other side. BTW what are my posts on gun control in the us that are similar to trump supporters. I honestly cant remember but i do think gun crime is ridiculous in the states and would be in favor of totally removing them if possible which its evidently not.

Don't be. You asked us to.

Don't be. You asked us to.

Ah its still flattering, it shows you care. Anything else on my reply you would like to respond to? I think you will find im not a trump supporter if you really read the contexts of my posts. I don't remember posting about much about gun crime but i will say now on that matter i would be on the dem side. It was disingenuous to pick a few posts to try say my views are the same as trump supporters especially the far right ones.

Ah its still flattering, it shows you care. Anything else on my reply you would like to respond to? I think you will find im not a trump supporter if you really read the contexts of my posts. I don't remember posting about much about gun crime but i will say now on that matter i would be on the dem side.

Nah. Your good. You could put it on your dating profile if you have one, might get some people there intrigued at your ideological capacity.

It is interesting how few people will admit to being Trump supporters isn't it. This place was full of them up to about 6 months ago.

Nah. Your good. You could put it on your dating profile if you have one, might get some people there intrigued at your ideological capacity.

It is interesting how few people will admit to being Trump supporters isn't it. This place was full of them up to about 6 months ago.

My ideological capacity to be objective unlike yourself you mean. I wouldn't know, i was never a trump supporter as my posts show, clutching at straws now.

• Advertisement

My ideological capacity to be objective unlike yourself you mean. I wouldn't know, i was never a trump supporter as my posts show, clutching at straws now.

That's the line for the dating profile. Leave out the 'unlike yourself' bit.

That's the line for the dating profile. Leave out the 'unlike yourself' bit.

Cheers, never knew you cared so much, you are showing a softer more open side tonight. Well done you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭Smee_Again

Can you read? Where did i say the republican party was moderate conservative? I said i was a moderate conservative.. You are comparing things to which i never said. You can retract your comment and that's fair enough but you misrepresented my point and position.

Of course I can read.

Moderate conservative and you prefer Biden over Trump. You’d fit in well with the Democratic Party.

Smee_Again wrote: »
    Of course I can read.

Moderate conservative and you prefer Biden over Trump. You’d fit in well with the Democratic Party.

Good so withdraw your false comparison you made. I have said before i prefer biden over trump, no shock there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭Smee_Again

Good so withdraw your false comparison you made. I have said before i prefer biden over trump, no shock there.

Oh no. I won’t be withdrawing it.

Nice of you to finally acknowledge that the Democratic Party is the moderate conservative party.

• Advertisement

Smee_Again wrote: »
    Oh no. I won’t be withdrawing it.

Nice of you to finally acknowledge that the Democratic Party is the moderate conservative party.

Shows the type of character you are that you will not withdraw your false remark. Where did i acknowledge that? Your comprehension skills need improving. Childish posters on a loop here.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,975 ✭✭✭Yeah_Right

Shows the type of character you are that you will not withdraw your false remark. Where did i acknowledge that? Your comprehension skills need improving. Childish posters on a loop here.

Do you think the current Republican party is a party for moderate conservatives? If yes, how? I always voted centre-right but there isn't a hope in hell I'd vote Republican if I lived in the US. So I'm curious.

Yeah_Right wrote: »
    Do you think the current Republican party is a party for moderate conservatives? If yes, how? I always voted centre-right but there isn't a hope in hell I'd vote Republican if I lived in the US. So I'm curious.

Nope i think they're too many far right people like taylor-greene at the moment making alot of noise and are going further right than i would like, hence why i said id like Haley to be next presidential candidate as she is more of a moderate conservative. Need to stop pandering to trump and try to rid themselves of him while trying to keep the 74m who voted for him some way content. Its a tight rope to walk. Also think the dems are going too far left aswell, both are leaning further and further from the center.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,305 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

https://twitter.com/thedailybeast/status/1387927482645442562?s=19

Why did this nothingburger story keep going?

And more Rudy news.

https://twitter.com/RudyGiuliani/status/1387936804217753601?s=19

Barr must have been a RINO!!!

Who would have guessed it?

everlast75 wrote: »
    And more Rudy news.

https://twitter.com/RudyGiuliani/status/1387936804217753601?s=19

Barr must have been a RINO!!!

Who would have guessed it?

Always amusing to see someone who cheered on the patriot act and claimed that the democrats would cut it off if elected, now complaining about the provisions of same act allegedly being used against them.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,299 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Threadbanned

• Registered Users Posts: 33,451 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I mean, it says "Despite the alert" as if Giuliani didn't already know about it. I'd be near sure he knew full well and was proceeding anyway even before the alert.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,229 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Not only is the rat****er supreme Roger Stone implicated in the Pizzagaetz scandal, but it seems that the cash for pardons net is getting tighter too
    https://www.thedailybeast.com/joel-greenberg-letter-written-for-roger-stone-says-matt-gaetz-paid-for-sex-with-minor

• Advertisement

https://twitter.com/KevinMKruse/status/1388114751666933771?s=19

Cash for Pardons.

Sounds like a fine investigation to open up into 45..

• Registered Users Posts: 11,229 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Trump's DOJ seem to have been actively stalling on the investigation into Rudi, Merrick Garland put a stop to that. https://www.axios.com/merrick-garland-justice-department-giuliani-15af1522-83fd-43e3-9d9d-1331873c9058.html

Tucker Carlson is building a movie reel of bizarre clips that probably have enough for a 3 film trilogy at this point.

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1387923750201475076

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,299 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

newhouse87's threadban lifted after discussion with poster

This powerhouse is going to dominate 2024... lol

https://twitter.com/MysterySolvent/status/1388184669821313026?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭TheRepentent

He's like a zoo exhibit..have a wedding here and the local turd might make an appearance flinging sh1te at people:P

Wanna support genocide?Cheer on the murder of women and children?The Ruzzians aren't rapey enough for you? Morally bankrupt cockroaches and islamaphobes , Israel needs your help NOW!!

http://tinyurl.com/2ksb4ejk

https://www.btselem.org/

• Registered Users Posts: 40,363 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

he still hasn't learned to stand properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

The thing is, that act of his impresses a large segment of the population. I'm not suggesting that those who are impressed by a geriatric whining about his grievances are unsophisticated - I'm just typing into a text area on an internet forum instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,648 ✭✭✭✭briany

The thing is, that act of his impresses a large segment of the population. I'm not suggesting that those who are impressed by a geriatric whining about his grievances are unsophisticated - I'm just typing into a text area on an internet forum instead.

I had been of the belief that Trump would continue to exert dominance over the Republican party after leaving office and could presumably walk back into the presidential picture for 2024 on the Republican ticket if he so chose, but looking at him now I'm not so sure.

He has kept a remarkably low profile since leaving office. Not low enough for my liking, but still quite low for a man who obviously feeds off of attention as he does. If this is down to the ongoing legal cases being built against him, or planning his comeback, or just needing a rest, or a combination of these, I don't know, but he's lost a lot of buzz and momentum during this quiet period. His ego may tell him that his base is loyal, and that may be true for the hardcore, but there would be a lot who just voted for Trump because they thought he was worth a shot or because he annoyed the other side, and those people may find a new darling, and then the best Trump can do is attach himself to that new figure.

The movement at which Trump has been at the centre of is still around, I'm sure, but they're in a period of transition now that their man has left office. What they'll coalesce around will be 'interesting' to see...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

briany wrote: »
    I had been of the belief that Trump would continue to exert dominance over the Republican party after leaving office and could presumably walk back into the presidential picture for 2024 on the Republican ticket if he so chose, but looking at him now I'm not so sure.

He has kept a remarkably low profile since leaving office. Not low enough for my liking, but still quite low for a man who obviously feeds off of attention as he does. If this is down to the ongoing legal cases being built against him, or planning his comeback, or just needing a rest, or a combination of these, I don't know, but he's lost a lot of buzz and momentum during this quiet period. His ego may tell him that his base is loyal, and that may be true for the hardcore, but there would be a lot who just voted for Trump because they thought he was worth a shot or because he annoyed the other side, and those people may find a new darling, and then the best Trump can do is attach himself to that new figure.

The movement at which Trump has been at the centre of is still around, I'm sure, but they're in a period of transition now that their man has left office. What they'll coalesce around will be 'interesting' to see...

I think that the Trumpiness will hang around for a bit but the GOP will struggle to find someone that the Trump fans can rally around.Their senators and congressmen have spent too long beta-cucking themselves that they've ruled themselves out alpha contention. Trump's kids, have the charisma of a sponge so that rules them out. I'd say that the next few GOP candidates are going to be Trump's golden death mask or statue.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement