Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE Wrestlemania 37- April 10th and 11th (Contains Spoilers)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,644 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Well no offence to KO and Sami zayn but I’m not watching that clown Logan Paul. **** that for a game of ball.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,409 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

How many times will the rumour that Austin is coming out of retirement for one last match headlining WM 38 over the next year be reported.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭LineOfBeauty

Man anyone that subscribes should check out Joe Lanza's analysis of the Cesaro win last night. Genuinely great piece of audio and broke it down to the most brutal foundational truth. Last night is the peak of Cesaro's WWE run, a 10 minute match 3rd out of the curtain of a split Wrestlemania. What a waste. Even more sad that Cesaro knows it too. The stat that, before last night, Cesaro's last ppv singles win was against Jinder Mahal in 2017 and before that in 2013 vs Miz was insane.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,973 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Let's hope the weather behaves itself tonight

Another delay would be a nightmate

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭Ridley

Cesaro/Rollins: Yes (even though crowd always counts the swing by seconds not rotations)
    New Day/Styles: Yes
    Rest was fine for me but those first two matches were pretty meh.

Was weird Strowman going down to McMahon's kicks when Shane makes up for lack of power with energy in most cases. Not that the fued made sense anyway. Might as well have said it's cause Big Show left.

MVP: "Excuse me. Could I possibly distract you for just a brief second?"
    McIntyre: "Huh?!"

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,176 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Man anyone that subscribes should check out Joe Lanza's analysis of the Cesaro win last night. Genuinely great piece of audio and broke it down to the most brutal foundational truth. Last night is the peak of Cesaro's WWE run, a 10 minute match 3rd out of the curtain of a split Wrestlemania. What a waste. Even more sad that Cesaro knows it too. The stat that, before last night, Cesaro's last ppv singles win was against Jinder Mahal in 2017 and before that in 2013 vs Miz was insane.

Foolishly perhaps I'm hoping they move him to Raw and give him a run against Lashley in the next few months, I think it would be a very good feud for both guys.

I know, too logical, right?

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Let's hope the weather behaves itself tonight

Another delay would be a nightmate

I don't know part of me wants to see it rained off and see how they would handle it.

I'd like to see them go back to indoor Arena WM's myself, I know that won't happen just down to the money they make off it know.

Necro wrote: »
    Foolishly perhaps I'm hoping they move him to Raw and give him a run against Lashley in the next few months, I think it would be a very good feud for both guys.

It'd be pretty great I'm sure but I won't be holding my breath for it. Everything about last night stank of Cesaro's push not being a real push. Them stressing it being a huge upset and Cesaro's post match celebrations tell you everything you need to know about where they see him on the card.

In the cold light of morning and being a bit less drunk, overall I enjoyed the show last night. I think I was higher on most of the stuff last night than a lot of people here were. I thought about it and what I've come up with is this: I've got absolutely no emotional investment in main roster WWE, I don't care if it's good or bad, I've no vested interest in the product being good. I have no emotional attachment to any of the wrestlers, I don't care who wins, who loses, who is pushed, who isn't. None of it resonates with me. From that perspective, I went into it last night just looking for a fun 3 hours and I got that. I got more good matches than I thought I would too which was an added bonus that I was not expecting and having a crowd there was a fun novelty.

But if I was a poster who watches WWE weekly (I see some, not all) and wants it to be good because that's their pro wrestling fix, then I can see why they'd have enjoyed the show less last night because there was a number of things that, if you are a WWE fan, that would concern you from a booking perspective and in terms of how the show was produced.

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭cian68

If you're WWE you cut out the botched commentary on the main event finish from Peacock/Network right?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,120 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

cian68 wrote: »
    If you're WWE you cut out the botched commentary on the main event finish from Peacock/Network right?

They will.

Cole always has some hacky line prepared for those moments so that will be dubbed in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Necro wrote: »

Wouldn't mind see Roman win and fueding with Cesaro for a bit obvious connection with Heyman. And then Bryan and Edge branching off. Leading to an Edge MITB win.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭Batattackrat

How many times will the rumour that Austin is coming out of retirement for one last match headlining WM 38 over the next year be reported.

Ah No, no need to ruin his legacy.

It would be some stupid tag team match with a main roster wrestler.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Taker into the Hall of Fame in Texas surely

• Registered Users Posts: 23,120 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Jericho's Broke Skull Sessions is up on the Network. They get straight into AEW.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭sirmanga

Last night was one of the weirdest shows I've watched. Whatever it was, it's not the pro- wrestling I've been watching all my life. It's passed me by now and I no longer understand it.

For that reason I will not watch tonight, nor ever again.

This is my last ever post on the wrestling forums because I have nothing good to say about this product or especially AEW.

Nice chatting to you all. Take care.

sirmanga wrote: »
    Last night was one of the weirdest shows I've watched. Whatever it was, it's not the pro- wrestling I've been watching all my life. It's passed me by now and I no longer understand it.

For that reason I will not watch tonight, nor ever again.

This is my last ever post on the wrestling forums because I have nothing good to say about this product or especially AEW.

Nice chatting to you all. Take care.

Feel the same, no way I could sit through three hours of Raw or two hours of smack down. I generally just download them and flick through each one for 20 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,480 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I'm hoping tonight Christian shows up costs Edge the match, Bryan makes Reigns tap out, Yes Yes Yes ending to WM, I know won't happen but I can dream, then SS main event TLC between Edge and Christian

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I'm hoping tonight Christian shows up costs Edge the match, Bryan makes Reigns tap out, Yes Yes Yes ending to WM, I know won't happen but I can dream, then SS main event TLC between Edge and Christian
    Christian in AEW No?

The forbidden door is open however I don't think it's that open.

However again Christian did appear on TNA as a WWE contracted star so if anyone can do it, it would be Captain Charisma.

• Advertisement

The only man to be a grand slam champion in both TNA and WWE #GrandSlamStyles

Christian in AEW No?

I know he is but I can dream, if you just close your eyes ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,181 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

• Registered Users Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭Ohmeha

My own brief thoughts on night 1

Hopefully 2022 will be back to a one night show, I understand why it's 2 nights due to the pandemic etc. but the part 1 of 2 with a partial live audience felt off

Enjoyed Drew/Lashley most of all the matches but Drew should have gone over, downer for rest of the night. Vince doesn't have confidence in him clear why it opened. Suspect Lashley/MVP due to be booked as replica Brock/Heyman in the short term

Too much canned crowd noise throughout the show

Cesero/Seth was really good, probably too late in Cesaro's career to get him seriously over

Omos didn't show much more to suggest he will nothing more be the next Vince loved big guy

I like Shane but why 20 years on is he still clogging up prime matches and taking unnecssary bumps at his age. This feud did nothing for Braun

Worrying times that a music star comes out the best out of a tag team match with multiple champions

Bianca/Sasha was ok despite the forced emotion at the start. Bianca has been obviously forced over the past few months but I think she has enough ability and charisma to carry the women's division for the next while before they sour on her eventually

Feel tonight is a slightly stronger card and its back on the traditional sunday so feels like a proper wrestlemania

Asuka vs Rhea Ripley- Raw Women's title
    Fiend vs Orton
    Big E vs Apollo Crews- in the wonderful Nigerian Drum Fight for IC title (What ever the feck that will be)
    Kevin Owens vs Sami Zayn
    Riddle vs Sheamus- US Title
    Nia Jax/Shayna vs Natalya/Tamina- Women's Tag team championships
    Reigns vs Edge vs Daniel Bryan-WWE Universal title

Could they move it to the where Raw/SD will be at quick notice and refund fans the ticket money ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,168 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

I'd almost put that tag team turmoil match up as the No. 1 worst match I've ever seen at Wrestlemania.

Actually come to think of it, it was. I can't recall being more bemused watching a match.

Very touch and go it seems from that link. That got away with it last night after a brief delay.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭Sirsok

I'd almost put that tag team turmoil match up as the No. 1 worst match I've ever seen at Wrestlemania.

Actually come to think of it, it was. I can't recall being more bemused watching a match.

Cole and Lawler....that was without a doubt the worst Mania match I have ever witnessed.

• Advertisement

Sirsok wrote: »
    Cole and Lawler....that was without a doubt the worst Mania match I have ever witnessed.

Yeah that and the mess of giant Gonzales and taker in 1993 was a mess.

Advertisement