Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone had a Covid 19 vaccine yet? - poll added 02/05

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,829 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Yes - J&J
    o1s1n wrote: »
    Got my Pfizer first jab yesterday and that's exactly how I feel now this morning. Eyes feel particularly fuzzy and heavy, I think they'd benefit from a long nap.

Other than that and a bit of a tender arm I feel absolutely fine. Have felt far worse after the annual flu vaccine!

My eyes has sort of a weird exact symptom as you described there...

I put it down to tiredness but it seems like it’s a side effect I must have skimmed that part, like it was slightly more effort to move the eye. They were heavy, weird.

I’m symptom and side effect free as of last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭muddypaws

Yes - J&J
    55, was going to register last Saturday for my age but then got a text on Friday that due to an underlying health condition I could have an appointment for Pfizer at my GP today, which I took.

Vaccination at 11.30 this morning, very well organised, back to work after it. Home now, arm beginning to hurt and feel very tired, but then I'm always tired on a Friday evening.

Delighted to only have to wait 4 weeks for 2nd dose, I have friends that were given AZ in March as they are front line workers and I'll now have my 2nd jab before they do.

Yes - Moderna first jab
    muddypaws wrote: »
    55, was going to register last Saturday for my age but then got a text on Friday that due to an underlying health condition I could have an appointment for Pfizer at my GP today, which I took.

Vaccination at 11.30 this morning, very well organised, back to work after it. Home now, arm beginning to hurt and feel very tired, but then I'm always tired on a Friday evening.

Delighted to only have to wait 4 weeks for 2nd dose, I have friends that were given AZ in March as they are front line workers and I'll now have my 2nd jab before they do.

Longer gap seems to be better for all vaccines.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwi6uI3W8MnwAhUSqXEKHa_9B3MQ0PADegQIChAB&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.irishtimes.com%2Fnews%2Fhealth%2Fdelay-in-giving-second-pfizer-vaccine-dose-improves-immunity-study-finds-1.4564997&usg=AOvVaw0qI_RqLRctfenPKFMpuoCM

Im happy to wait a long gap between my AZ.

Every day immunity strengthens.

You cant rush these things. ;)

The 4 week gap for Pfzier/Moderna in ireland as opposed to 10/12 weeks in UK has prolonged pandemic in Ireland.

Nobody has benefited.

Not the people getting vaccinated after only 4 week gap or all the people having to wait longer due to early second doses.

Butler should resign.

Totally and utterly incompetent.

When you hear her speak she sounds unsure of herself.

Doesnt inspire confidence on anyone sitting on fence re: taking a vaccine.

The only reason I was mildly afraid of AZ was her and her many u-turns on AZ.

No such bad press in UK.

Vaccinate maximum amount of people in shortest amount of time.

Very good protection after one jab.

Second jab for maximum long term protection.

Yes - J&J
    Woody79 wrote: »

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwi6uI3W8MnwAhUSqXEKHa_9B3MQ0PADegQIChAB&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.irishtimes.com%2Fnews%2Fhealth%2Fdelay-in-giving-second-pfizer-vaccine-dose-improves-immunity-study-finds-1.4564997&usg=AOvVaw0qI_RqLRctfenPKFMpuoCM

The 4 week gap for Pfzier/Moderna in ireland as opposed to 10/12 weeks in UK has prolonged pandemic in Ireland.

Nobody has benefited.

Not the people getting vaccinated after only 4 week gap or all the people having to wait longer due to early second doses.

Butler should resign.

No such bad press in UK.

Except that study was done on people over 80, I'm not.

Yes - Moderna first jab
    Except that study was done on people over 80, I'm not.

Clear to anyone for many months fantastic protection after first dose from all vaccines.

Longer gap between doses has more efficacy longer term.

I would'nt be mildly gloating about going back after only 4 weeks.

I'm happy to wait decent gap between doses.

The science is telling us its better for greater gap.

Butler's too frightened to change out of her "abundance of caution".:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭CoBo55

Nobody has benefited.

Butler should resign.

Doesnt inspire confidence on anyone sitting on fence re: taking a vaccine.

No such bad press in UK.

Vaccinate maximum amount of people in shortest amount of time.

Very good protection after one jab.

Second jab for maximum long term protection.

And here we go, another thread ruined by complete bull****. I submitted to the poll and will come back when I get my second, until then, I'm out.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,074 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Yes - Moderna first jab

Your friends who got AZ are considered fully vaccinated four weeks after their first dose.

Yes - J&J
    Woody79 wrote: »
    Clear to anyone for many months fantastic protection after first dose from all vaccines.

Longer gap between doses has more efficacy longer term.

I would'nt be mildly gloating about going back after only 4 weeks.

I'm happy to wait decent gap between doses.

The science is telling us its better for greater gap.

Butler's too frightened to change out of her "abundance of caution".:rolleyes:

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt that lockdown has impinged on your mental health and you're actually a decent person.

There was no gloating, mild or otherwise. I am an essential worker who has worked with the public throughout the whole pandemic, I have an underlying health condition. Finally I feel like I caught a break. Maybe I will now have the opportunity of seeing a family member for the first time in over a year, both of my brothers and their families live in the UK, I have no family near me. I met up with a cousin in the middle of the country last summer twice. With only a 4 week wait, plus the 2 additional waiting period, I may actually get to see a close family member this summer. There is a real feeling of optimism around vaccination, I'm happy today, it's a shame that you feel the need to negate that.

Yes - J&J
    iamwhoiam wrote: »
    Your friends who got AZ are considered fully vaccinated four weeks after their first dose.

But they can't meet up with people and have hugs etc until 2 weeks after the 2nd dose?

Yes - Moderna first jab
    I'll give you the benefit of the doubt that lockdown has impinged on your mental health and you're actually a decent person.

There was no gloating, mild or otherwise. I am an essential worker who has worked with the public throughout the whole pandemic, I have an underlying health condition. Finally I feel like I caught a break. Maybe I will now have the opportunity of seeing a family member for the first time in over a year, both of my brothers and their families live in the UK, I have no family near me. I met up with a cousin in the middle of the country last summer twice. With only a 4 week wait, plus the 2 additional waiting period, I may actually get to see a close family member this summer. There is a real feeling of optimism around vaccination, I'm happy today, it's a shame that you feel the need to negate that.

I'm happy for you.

In a few short weeks you will be protected from the worst this virus can do
    to someone. Your chances of going to hospital will be infinitesimal.

You started the whole vaccine comparision thing AZ vs Pfzier.

They are all fantastic vaccines and my opinion is the 4 week gap in time will be seen as a bad policy for all. If I was getting a pfzier I would want a greater gap because (1) its good for me (2) it allows others get their first dose quicker.

I will leave it there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,463 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

Yes - Moderna first jab
    But they can't meet up with people and have hugs etc until 2 weeks after the 2nd dose?

AZ people will be 4 weeks after First dose.
    Dr Holohan explained: The new single dose vaccine Janssen, or Johnson and Johnson - it will apply two weeks after your dose of that vaccine .

"If you've had Pfizer vaccine. It will apply one week after your second dose of that vaccine. And your second dose happens four weeks after the first dose. So in total, five weeks after your first dose of Pfizer vaccine.

"In the Moderna vaccine it will apply two weeks after your second dose and your second dose is four weeks after your first dose. So in total it will apply six weeks after the first dose of Moderna.

"And if you've had AstraZeneca vaccine it will apply four weeks after your first dose."

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭naufragos123

Yes - Moderna first jab
    I got AZ last Saturday [am 61] Apart from the sore arm that many are reporting, almost nothing else, maybe a bit thirsty for first 24 hours. The arm is only back to normal now 6 days on and felt exactly as described here, like I'd gotten a vicious punch.

1 week down. 3 more to being considered fully vaccinated. Nice feeling.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,223 ✭✭✭jellybear

Yes - J&J
    Just got my 2nd Pfizer vaccine :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Yes - Pfizer first jab
    48 hrs after 1st jab of Moderna:

Initially (Thu afternoon) perfectly fine
    Thu evening feeling a bit tired and lacklustre
    slept well that night
    Woke up Fri morning more tired than usual, left arm hurt quite a bit
    Got ready to go to work, had shower, made lunch, sat down for cup of coffee
    On getting up again, felt completely zapped and woolly headed.
    Did not make it into work...did some work from home and went back to bed for a few hours, some more work and then back to bed for the evening and night.

Slept in this morning, still feeling a bit slow, arm still sensitive to the touch, but much better altogether...could have gone to work if it hadn't been Saturday.

Side effects of flu jab last autumn were pretty much the same, only slightly more shivering and less painful arm.

If the whole thing hadn't been such short notice, I'd have planned a day off work post-jab and spent a guilt-free day in bed recovering.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,072 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Yes - J&J
    I've deleted a few off topic posts that are better suited for the vaccine megathread

• Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

Yes - Pfizer first jab
    I saw Overheal had their second Moderna dose, I have mine Monday unsure what to expect having read so many people feel banjaxed. A friend said their wife had it and it was like a bad hangover.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

Yes - Moderna first jab
    HCW here who received first AZ dose in Feb. Tomorrow will be exactly 12 weeks from it.

No communication regarding second dose so some of my colleagues just decided to ring up and got a date for second those for next Weekend which will be 13 week gap.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭secman

Yes - Moderna first jab
    dan786 wrote: »
    HCW here who received first AZ dose in Feb. Tomorrow will be exactly 12 weeks from it.

No communication regarding second dose so some of my colleagues just decided to ring up and got a date for second those for next Weekend which will be 13 week gap.

Just reading HSE guidelines and it says over 60's should receive 2nd jab 12 weeks later but under 60's will be 16 weeks after 1st jab.

Yes - Moderna first jab
    secman wrote: »
    Just reading HSE guidelines and it says over 60's should receive 2nd jab 12 weeks later but under 60's will be 16 weeks after 1st jab.

All my colleagues are well under 60 and those who called got a date of next weekend which will be the 13th week. I personally am going to hold off for another week or two and then call.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,138 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Yes - Moderna first jab
    Nurse giving me first shot of AZ said it would be 12/14 weeks to the second.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,274 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

Yes - Moderna first jab
    AZ vaccine Wit Arena Waterford 12:00 today. All very quick and painless.

Edit> Side effects - following day spent most of the day in bed just felt very tired. I could have got up and done something but as it was Sunday so didn't bother.

Edit again> Monday feeling fine but still slightly more tired than I would normally.

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,074 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Yes - Moderna first jab
    Husband had his 2nd Pfizer dose in GP yesterday . He said the chairs for waiting were all outside and the atmosphere was great ! A great buzz around the estate with so many now fully vaccinated
    Very sore arm today otherwise he seems to have no other symptoms .

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Yes - Pfizer first jab
    Chong wrote: »
    I saw Overheal had their second Moderna dose, I have mine Monday unsure what to expect having read so many people feel banjaxed. A friend said their wife had it and it was like a bad hangover.

I had my first Moderna jab a few days ago. No side effects except a slightly sore arm next day. (I'm 47).

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Eduard Khil

Yes - Moderna first jab
    April 4th for my first Astra I've had a weak stomach since then l

• Registered Users Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭SmallTeapot

Yes - Moderna first jab

All my colleagues are well under 60 and those who called got a date of next weekend which will be the 13th week. I personally am going to hold off for another week or two and then call.

I'm also a HCW. I received my first AZ 2nd week of February (I am under 50 years of age).... I was due my second dose (going by the 12 week cycle) a week and a half ago - I'm changing unit/location so need it sooner...I most likely will not be in Ireland. I rang HSElive this am and hit a brick wall in terms of getting the second dose. How were your colleagues successful in receiving it earlier than 16weeks?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,135 ✭✭✭plodder

Yes - J&J
    Just got first dose of Pfizer in DCU this morning. Amazingly efficient. Joined the queue and 20 minutes later needle in my arm. Well done HSE and thanks to all the staff there!

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭dinjo99

plodder wrote: »
    Just got first dose of Pfizer in DCU this morning. Amazingly efficient. Joined the queue and 20 minutes later needle in my arm. Well done HSE and thanks to all the staff there!

I was also in the Helix this morning for 1st dose of Pfizer. Couldn’t believe how efficient it was.
    One thing that depressed me. I looked at hundreds of people queuing and thought they all looked so old. I then realised that they were all the same age as myself! Any illusions I had of being a young fellow were shattered forever!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,135 ✭✭✭plodder

Yes - J&J
    dinjo99 wrote: »
    I was also in the Helix this morning for 1st dose of Pfizer. Couldn’t believe how efficient it was.
    One thing that depressed me. I looked at hundreds of people queuing and thought they all looked so old. I then realised that they were all the same age as myself! Any illusions I had of being a young fellow were shattered forever!!
    Ha, funny you should say that. I was looking around me and thought the 50's in North Dublin are not looking too bad at all. Old(er) and a bit grey maybe, but quite healthy looking I thought :pac:

Yes - Moderna first jab
    I'm also a HCW. I received my first AZ 2nd week of February (I am under 50 years of age).... I was due my second dose (going by the 12 week cycle) a week and a half ago - I'm changing unit/location so need it sooner...I most likely will not be in Ireland. I rang HSElive this am and hit a brick wall in terms of getting the second dose. How were your colleagues successful in receiving it earlier than 16weeks?

They did not contact HSE at all as the appointments we got were from Loughlinstown hospital so my colleagues just spoke to the nurse in charge of the vaccinations there and got a date for second dose.

I know some people who got it early Feb and still have not heard anything about it and it will be their 16th week next week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,458 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Yes - J&J
    Got pfizer first jab at the weekend. Cohort 7.

Initially fine but got all the achey, neck pain, flu symptoms about 1.5 days later. Am still "off work" (read - doing some work but not attending meetings).

Second jab 4-5 weeks away as per GP.

So delighted and privileged to receive the vaccines, wouldnt change it for the world.

Advertisement