Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone to compete with GoMo with “Clear Mobile”

Options
14567810»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,398 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

JimmyVik wrote: »
    I contacted them over a week before the port was supposed to happen. And also 5 days before the port was supposed to happen.
    Anyway, just relaying my horrid experience with clear.
    Maybe other people had a lovely experience with their support, though i doubt it from my contact with them.

If thats the case, then submit a formal complaint, wait 10 days and then go to comreg. You sound like you have your ducks in a row.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭DopeTech

I contacted them over a week before the port was supposed to happen. And also 5 days before the port was supposed to happen.
    Anyway, just relaying my horrid experience with clear.
    Maybe other people had a lovely experience with their support, though i doubt it from my contact with them.

Who is them? Gomo or clear?

You sound frustrated at clear but by the sounds of things gomo went ahead and ported the number which if you asked them not to they shouldn't have. It seems it was a mixture of gomos inability to cancel the port and the fact that when they did you cancel the number on clear mobile.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭JimmyVik

DopeTech wrote: »
    Who is them? Gomo or clear?

You sound frustrated at clear but by the sounds of things gomo went ahead and ported the number which if you asked them not to they shouldn't have. It seems it was a mixture of gomos inability to cancel the port and the fact that when they did you cancel the number on clear mobile.

Im more frustrated at the sh!t customer service from clear tbh than anything else.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Im more frustrated at the sh!t customer service from clear tbh than anything else.

Try contacting them on twitter and ask them to open a case to investigate how you can get the number back. Don't mention you want to port it away from them once you got it back. It has to be possible but getting the right person is half the battle. Also under gdpr you won't be able to do it for her so might be an idea for her twitter account to ask the question. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Der863

I recommend Clear it's really fast and consistent with general browsing and no buffering issues with Netflix and YouTube. The only time I notice it's a little bit slower than other networks is when I am downloading apps. I was previously with Three and GoMo and I prefer Clear it has stronger signal in my area. No issues with calls and texts also. Great product at 12.99 I hope it stays at this price

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭54and56

Der863 wrote: »
    I recommend Clear it's really fast and consistent with general browsing and no buffering issues with Netflix and YouTube. The only time I notice it's a little bit slower than other networks is when I am downloading apps. I was previously with Three and GoMo and I prefer Clear it has stronger signal in my area. No issues with calls and texts also. Great product at 12.99 I hope it stays at this price

This 100%.

Had two of my family (aged 16 and 20) on regular €35 a month Vodafone contracts and switched them to Clear. No issues whatsoever with either the change over process (sim arrived, old service stopped at the agreed time, new sim popped in and bingo up and running) or the quality of service. They get the same great coverage (tried O2/Three etc in the past but always struggled with decent coverage and that's in a built up area in Dublin) and the 5mb download speed limit really doesn't impact their use at all.

€528 a year saved with no loss of functional service.

No brainer.

Advertisement