Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spring 2021 General Discussion

Options

Comments

Ah no are you serious??? Jesus Christ what a fuxkin climate we have. What’s the latest?

It’s warm enough inland Wednesday to Friday. And on the west I think. If it were dry and sunny it would be nice weather indeed. Cloudy, not so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,765 ✭✭✭Comhrá

A short timelapse I made of this morning's showers as they passed over Limerick City.

https://imgur.com/qsYRxRG

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭Tyrone212

Nice day for a walk. Cool , frequent blustery and at times wintry showers. Fairly wakes you up.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,254 ✭✭✭Nqp15hhu

Comhra wrote: »
    A short timelapse I made of this morning's showers as they passed over Limerick City.

https://imgur.com/qsYRxRG

You can see the snow at altitude. Always very interesting!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Tyrone212 wrote: »
    Nice day for a walk. Cool , frequent blustery and at times wintry showers. Fairly wakes you up.

I have been awake days and nights with the din... wearing ear plugs now.! After tomorrow it will ease off .

west mayo offshore

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,074 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

The rain in SW Kerry last night was absolutely insane. Genuinely thought the windows were going to break at one stage.

Today was all 4 seasons in a day. Loads of sun, loads of rain and loads of hail. Crazy stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Rotten evening in meath since about 4 o'clock, persistent rain and feels bitter in the breeze

The wind has eased at last out here. The silence is sheer bliss. All we need now is the temperature to rise...

I was about to go for a walk but it has started raining heavily. Ah well! Still an easing of wind even now.

west mayo offshore

• Registered Users Posts: 905 ✭✭✭KanyeSouthEast

Can somebody reassure me that there’s some good weather coming? Another day of grey clouds annoying breeze single digit temps and spots of rain. I swear the weather is worse than covid at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,140 ✭✭✭✭km79

Can somebody reassure me that there’s some good weather coming? Another day of grey clouds annoying breeze single digit temps and spots of rain. I swear the weather is worse than covid at the moment.

Dry all week
    Pleasant mid week
    Cooler again next weekend
    Will take it !

• Advertisement

km79 wrote: »
    Dry all week
    Pleasant mid week
    Will take it !

Thanks for that. Yea will take it.

Bad day today alright. Horrible wind. Bring on the high pressure.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

km79 wrote: »
    Dry all week
    Pleasant mid week
    Will take it !

The lack of sunshine here since the onset (and even well before) this month is beginning to grate. Little buds outside are desperate for even a few minutes of sunshine and warmth to inject some gip into them. Spring my arse. It feels as cold as at any stage during that abomination of a winter just gone.

New Moon

A much better day out here. Far less wind and quieter and some hard showers but the light is stronger and longer.

Still bitterly cold but looking at met. ie has me sighing with relief. I sometimes think that had I know how bad the winds are out here... Nah! I would not change this place for anywhere. lol...

And as soon as the temperature rises all the leaves wiil unfurl their little leaves and open their hearts and lift their sweet faces to the sky and sun! YAY!

And we will do the same... YAY! lol....

West mayo offshore.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,885 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Cloudy and mild in Dublin, glad that poxy wind has gone, will get to the park after work!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

Oneiric 3 wrote: »
    The lack of sunshine here since the onset (and even well before) this month is beginning to grate. Little buds outside are desperate for even a few minutes of sunshine and warmth to inject some gip into them. Spring my arse. It feels as cold as at any stage during that abomination of a winter just gone.

Same story here, barely seen a glimpse of the sun all month so far.

These endless lockdowns have really opened my eyes to just how ridiculously dull our climate is, one of the simple enjoyments these days is just being able to sit out or go for a walk in the sunshine but the amount of days where that's possible is next to none. Hopefully the next few days make up for it somewhat

So peaceful and still.

I heard the skylark singing his heart out as he rose.. Off through the clouds he went, and I think HE will have found the missing sunshine md still... Send it to is, I told him.

And dry. Beautiful after the gales and deluges, for it just to be still and calm and without rainsound.

Even without the sun, a truly restful and wonderful day.

West mayo offshore.

And a heavy shower to mar my marvelling !

Same story here, barely seen a glimpse of the sun all month so far.

These endless lockdowns have really opened my eyes to just how ridiculously dull our climate is, one of the simple enjoyments these days is just being able to sit out or go for a walk in the sunshine but the amount of days where that's possible is next to none. Hopefully the next few days make up for it somewhat
    Nail on the head. I’d love to see a study into the most depressing climates in the world if that makes sense I’ve a feeling we’d be up there. It’s just constantly gloomy here dull little temp variation and barely seasons a lot of the time.

13.2c currently in Arklow
    Warmest dsy of the year here
    Mostly cluody
    NW breeze

AuntySnow wrote: »
    13.2c currently in Arklow
    Warmest dsy of the year here
    Mostly cluody
    NW breeze

Yes I omitted "warm" ; no need to light the fire.. Bliss!

• Advertisement

Graces7 wrote: »
    Yes I omitted "warm" ; no need to light the fire.. Bliss!

Touching 14c here now
    Bliss IS the word :)

14.7c and the suns out
    More More More please :)

15.2 c now at my station today
    Wasnt expecting that

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

Not a glimmer of sun again today but at least it is quite warm for a change. 13c now with spits of rain after reaching almost 15c earlier when it wasn't spitting rain.

New Moon

• Registered Users Posts: 6,903 ✭✭✭pauldry

16c in Mt Dillon

• Registered Users Posts: 7,126 ✭✭✭pad199207

14.3° In Kildare with some spells of sunshine. Feels very nice. Long May it last.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,934 ✭✭✭OldRio

Pleasant day today. Felt warm. Yesterday was constant rain. Roads and fields flooded. Dreadful.
    Leitrim

Peaked at 15.3c here near Arklow and lots more to come this week,for everyone hopefully
    Bring it on!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭Tyrone212

March has been a very boring month weather wise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,814 ✭✭✭appledrop

It's one of those days that's warmer then it looks, dull for most of day here but mild.

Great that St. Patrick's Day is looking nice so we can all at least enjoy our local parks.

Advertisement