Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spring 2021 General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,254 ✭✭✭Nqp15hhu

Big massive fat flakes above 300 metres. Was starting to stick above 350 metres.

It will be interesting to see how much is lying on high ground tomorrow morning if we get a lot of showers.

https://streamable.com/xewfxg

9U6r15U.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Status Yellow - Wind warning for Cork, Kerry

Met Éireann Weather Warning

Windy tonight, westerly winds will reach mean speeds of 50 to 65 km/h and gusts of up to 100 km/h in Kerry and west Cork.​

Valid: 18:00 Friday 12/03/2021 to 02:00 Saturday 13/03/2021

Issued: 15:55 Friday 12/03/2021

Status Yellow - Rainfall warning for Donegal

Met Éireann Weather Warning

Heavy rain at times during the period. Potential for surface and river flooding.

Valid: 15:00 Friday 12/03/2021 to 15:00 Saturday 13/03/2021

Issued: 11:23 Friday 12/03/2021

• Registered Users Posts: 14,376 ✭✭✭✭M.T. Cranium

Gusting 115 km/hr Sherkin at 20z, 100 km/hr Valentia.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,178 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Correct, some real heavy showers today in north Donegal.

Windscreen wipers were struggling to shift it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭SlowBlowin

Pretty wild up here now.

Strong gusts starting, with hail and lightning, a nearby strike just scared the sheep more senseless..

600FT ASL - McGillycuddy Reeks - Kerry

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,099 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

10pm

Sherkin has recorded a gust of 68 knots (126 km/h)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭SlowBlowin

Its all very intermittent up here. We have clear skies and no wind or rain at the moment. Every time the squalls come through it gets wild.

600FT ASL - McGillycuddy Reeks - Kerry

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Haily-gale... Ear plugs de rigueur .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭Tyrone212

Gweedore coldest spot on nra weather. 1.5c. Snowing above 150 to 200m I would guess around there.

Nqp15hhu wrote: »
    Big massive fat flakes above 300 metres. Was starting to stick above 350 metres.

It will be interesting to see how much is lying on high ground tomorrow morning if we get a lot of showers.

https://streamable.com/xewfxg

9U6r15U.jpg

I hope you picked that litter up; it spoils the lovely photo... Would love to drive up that road..

• Advertisement

Wild out here. Is it ever going to stop storming? met ie admit 2 above freezing.

The noise woke me even through excellent ear plugs... Heavy gusts and high volume deluges.

west mayo offshore

Well that wasn’t a fun experience! I didn’t expect much snow if at all, truth be told I expected nothing.

Drove up to 350m, out of nowhere at around 900 feet the road turned white. Got up to the top and skid, road was undriveable, so had to reverse down the hill. Looks to be about 2cm up there.

Quite a nervy experience as my tracks had been filled in fairly rapidly and my car was skidding at times. The road itself is windy and very steep, so I was concerned that I would end up rolling down uncontrollably and slam into the bridge at the bottom!

fsv7JVB.jpg
    F1TXjoZ.jpg
    6D6HTkd.jpg

Higher sperrins are well coated.

yL0EvkQ.jpg

Heavy snow showers in Cork City. Can't say I was expecting that! Huge, wet flakes that aren't really sticking.

Well that wasn’t a fun experience! I didn’t expect much snow if at all, truth be told I expected nothing.

Drove up to 350m, out of nowhere at around 900 feet the road turned white. Got up to the top and skid, road was undriveable, so had to reverse down the hill. Looks to be about 2cm up there.

Quite a nervy experience as my tracks had been filled in fairly rapidly and my car was skidding at times. The road itself is windy and very steep, so I was concerned that I would end up rolling down uncontrollably and slam into the bridge at the bottom!

Higher sperrins are well coated.

yL0EvkQ.jpg

Snowing at sea level right on the coast in Cork on the far south of the island
    No need to climb to 900 ft there..much colder

https://twitter.com/BibiBaskin/status/1370640738598391808?s=19

900 feet was the freezing level.. and cold flow will be quickly cut off down there.

But hey never miss an attempt to give me a wee dig.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,139 ✭✭✭pad199207

900 feet was the freezing level.. and cold flow will be quickly cut off down there.

But hey never miss an attempt to give me a wee dig.

You're very touchy,its not your fault its snowing at sea level in Cork...
    Its a discussion
    You're always saying how much colder you are up north anyway
    You're not :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,136 ✭✭✭Rebelbrowser

Em, it just snowed here? Met E report fir Cork Airport confirms - 0c and snow just now. Very wet and at end of rain shower but coating of v wet snow on my velux windows in attic right now!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 SnizzleSky

Em, it just snowed here? Met E report fir Cork Airport confirms - 0c and snow just now. Very wet and at end of rain shower but coating of v wet snow on my velux windows in attic right now!

Snow near Aughrim in Wicklow. Croghan has a dusting above 500m. Lugnaquilla has a few inches 600m to peak.

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭KanyeSouthEast

Just back in from a run this morning. I’m just hoping there’s no downgrade for next week because it’s miserable out again. Any chance spring could come?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,148 ✭✭✭✭km79

Just back in from a run this morning. I’m just hoping there’s no downgrade for next week because it’s miserable out again. Any chance spring could come?

The downgrade has already started :(
    Next weekend single digits again as it stands

Pitch dark in south mayo right now
    Depressing

km79 wrote: »
    The downgrade has already started :(
    Next weekend single digits again as it stands

The wind dropping for a few days will make a considerable difference -out here at least.

Wet mayo offshore... accidental typo!

We have had some brightness here at intervals and the cloudscapes are a glory .

Pitch dark in south mayo right now
    Depressing

Ah no are you serious??? Jesus Christ what a fuxkin climate we have. What’s the latest?

Ah no are you serious??? Jesus Christ what a fuxkin climate we have. What’s the latest?

Icy rain right now

Icy rain right now

Yes had that this morning too. Biting wind.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

Snowing here, and it 3 degrees.

New Moon

• Registered Users Posts: 10,099 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Great to see snow being reported in the south of the country. Didnt take much notice if theres any up north.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭audman13

Snowing in North Galway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

Oneiric 3 wrote: »
    Snowing here, and it 3 degrees.

Just skirted by to the North of me, really dark out.

Actually some sleet here now.

Advertisement