Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spring 2021 General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,146 ✭✭✭highdef

Was working in the garden from lunchtime till late evening. In a t-shirt all day. Garden is sheltered so was virtually calm. Have a decent tan now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭lolie

Lovely day out if a bit breezy until late afternoon when it clouded over and the breeze picked up.
    You wouldn't sit in the one spot for too long.
    Just had a heavy drizzle and the temperature currently at 7c. South cavan.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

OldRio wrote: »
    Sat out yesterday afternoon cold beer in hand, BBQ lit. Listening to the Rugby on the wireless. Lovely weather and got a little sunburnt. Gentle and gorgeous day.

Walked around the garden later on. Plants and trees coming into bud and the sound of the birds calling.

Unfortunately a lot of those shrubs and trees could be badly damaged by what is to come. Thank God we are not lambing next week.

Looking ahead I kept my seedlings in the trays and have been bringing them indoors at night to avert destruction. Forewarned etc.

Out here leaves are barely in bud anyways so will escape the worst destruction .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭Hooter23

Its colder now than it was during the shortest days of the year in December...and we are just over 2 months away from the longest day of the year....always the same sure only in ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 13,790 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Actually not as bad as feared in Dublin ran around the park anyway and it was mostly sunny

• Advertisement

Hooter23 wrote: »
    Its colder now than it was on during the shortest days of the year in December...and we are just over 2 months away from the longest day of the year....always the same sure only in ireland

Plenty of Northern European countries have cool Aprils. Today is fine. There’s heat in the sun.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,832 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Stunner of a day, breezy with passing small cumulus, 8.6C and low Relative Humidity at 67%. Good fresh chilly wind on the coast but nice in the sun with a bit of shelter.

Pic Mucklaghmore, Tralee bay looking towards Brandon Pt a couple of hours ago.

mtcqnDr.jpg?1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

Turned into a nice day here as well, the odd brief snow/graupel shower but mostly sunny and not particularly cold feeling with the strong sun. Was actually sweating doing a bit of digging in the garden.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,792 ✭✭✭appledrop

Bitterly cold now in NCD with snow/hail snow.

Park emptying out now but in fairness it was much nicer day than expected once you where in the sun and wrapped up when needed against the wind.

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Wine Goddess

Just had a floating snowflakes shower in Firhouse Dublin 24.....
    Bizarre seeing sunshine and flakes simultaneously!
    Gorgeous day if a stiff Baltic-ly cold breeze!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,254 ✭✭✭Nqp15hhu

Turned into a nice day here as well, the odd brief snow/graupel shower but mostly sunny and not particularly cold feeling with the strong sun. Was actually sweating doing a bit of digging in the garden.

Was -1c here earlier up above 400 metres, painful windchill.

Lovely sunny morning in NCD but brrrrrrr its cold out there!

Got down to -3.5 at Casement.

Breathtakingly cold out here. Literally breath-taking.

I was just out to give my seedlings a brief sheltered airing as they will go leggy else, and such cold in the lungs.

Must be psychic as I stop buying coal in March but last week ordered a bag! Very grateful for that impulse. Stove is lit..

west mayo offshore

• Registered Users Posts: 10,069 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

A mix of bright sunshine and april showers here in Castlebar.

So bloody cold and windy in Dublin, looks like it's staying this way for the forseeable, argh.

So bloody cold and windy in Dublin, looks like it's staying this way for the forseeable, argh.

Full empathy here .. Worse than the entire winter?

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭KanyeSouthEast

Disaster my poor spring flowers are in a bit of bother heating back on and Jesus it was bitter out running this morning. Would really like to see spring stay now this transition back into winter is a dose.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,727 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

This is shaping up to be an exceptionally cold April, lower than average temperatures all the way out to the 3rd week of the month. If only this was January/February, what a waste of cold.

Gonzo wrote: »
    This is shaping up to be an exceptionally cold April, lower than average temperatures all the way out to the 3rd week of the month. If only this was January/February, what a waste of cold.

Oh God noooooo. To think I was sunbathing topless the other day out my back.

I decided to pick today to do my coast walk.
    Heading out not too bad wind behind me and we'll wrapped up, coat, hat, gloves scarfs etc.

On the way back, Jesus it was freezing and nearly impossible to walk against the strength of that wind but do you know what I really enjoyed it!

I must be losing it but beach was nearly deserted so it was like I had the place to myself.

Indoors now with some well deserved Easter egg!

• Advertisement

Positively, any pattern change that occurs will be closer to the summer months!

Nqp15hhu wrote: »
    Positively, any pattern change that occurs will be closer to the summer months!

Yes hopefully we are banking the nice weather for the warmer months, but I don't think it's fair like that unfortunately!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,069 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

A quite morning on the weather front here just outside Castlebar. Cloudy dry and calm

• Registered Users Posts: 6,887 ✭✭✭pauldry

Misty and some sunshine here

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭compsys

It's the same every f*cking year almost.

The only consolation is that this is happening in April as opposed to May, June or July. Get the bad weather out of the way now I say...

Today is actually nice enough in Dublin, calm and doesn't feel cold, had a nice run around the park, way better than yesterday anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Bsal

Got some actual rain here in Swords today, think it's been about 3 weeks since I've had any appreciable rainfall the garden is dusty dry.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,721 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Bsal wrote: »
    Got some actual rain here in Swords today, think it's been about 3 weeks since I've had any appreciable rainfall the garden is dusty dry.

I was out watering the plants this evening!

Just 0.2mm so far this month in Dublin 16 after a pretty dry March (just 19.6mm).

Temperature wise not much warmer today than yesterday but feels much warmer because that biting wind is thankfully not there.

We have just had rain show here in NCD.

We have been watering the garden since last week as ground so dry and when you have a young child it's one of their favourite jobs!

• Advertisement

I hiked up Sawel Mountain today (678 metres/2,224 feet). It is the highest I have hiked personally.

It was a moderate hike in terms of difficulty, there was a lot of muck and moss, the ground was squelchy in many places with some streams that I had to navigate around or jump over.

Some snow patches remaining. I am sure it was fairly deep up there a few days ago.

uAiIJOK.jpg

ttJBxit.jpg

url]

8IVF4X4.jpg

TpWiRvI.jpg

4NJyImH.jpg

oF7og0P.jpg

5UconW6.jpg

hrFe6wq.jpg

Advertisement