Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spring 2021 General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,143 ✭✭✭✭km79

Cool dull grey in South Mayo
    Really disappointing day
    Only nice day so far was Tuesday

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭Tyrone212

Tornado in Cavan 2006
    Rte report from 1st April 2006

https://www.rte.ie/archives/category/environment/2021/0303/1200572-cavan-tornado/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,908 ✭✭✭pauldry

Lovely and warm and sunny in Sligo

km79 wrote: »
    Cool dull grey in South Mayo
    Really disappointing day
    Only nice day so far was Tuesday

Slowly brightening ......

• Registered Users Posts: 7,131 ✭✭✭pad199207

Horrible wind out there and feeling bitter with a windchill. Really need to get the heat going now into April. Dreading next week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,104 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Took next week off work and typically it looks like it's going to be very cool, if not plain cold. .

Much cloudier than forecast for my location. Hopefully tomorrow and Saturday make up for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Goldfinch8

A slow burner of a day that has gradually turned into a lovely pleasant Spring afternoon just east of Castlebar. Just touching 15c here now. A lot better than being stuck under that weatherfront like we were for a good bit of yesterday.
    Valentia hitting a very respectable 20c in the 3pm reports today. Lovely stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭alentejo

Cloudy and bitterly cold in Dublin today

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Cold air making it's presence felt here across south Laois, had maxed at just 14c around 3pm, has since dropped to 11c.

Meanwhile, Valentia 21c and way out on the Dingle Peninsula, Ventry is 23c!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,335 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Cold and dull today with a breeze that would cut you in half in south Dublin, glad to see the North West finally getting the better of the weather.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,819 ✭✭✭appledrop

Danno wrote: »
    Cold air making it's presence felt here across south Laois, had maxed at just 14c around 3pm, has since dropped to 11c.

It's only 8 degrees here at moment in Dublin. I'm half wondering if it an April fools joke but I'm sure Met Eireann wouldn't do that to us and they did say it could get up to 19 today!

Is there anyone here who is actually sunning themselves down there and can tell us it's real!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭lolie

Cloudy cool breezy day at 9c, some bright spells earlier but overcast now.
    South Cavan

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

Fair play to Valentia, 20.9 C at 4 pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,530 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Fair play to Valentia, 20.9 C at 4 pm.

Highest temp and first 20C anywhere in the country since 21 September.

sryanbruen wrote: »
    Highest temp and first 20C anywhere in the country since 21 September.

I was thinking earlier in the week how long would it take until we get our first 20c of the year with this Northerly coming up. Little did I know ha.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,085 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

From met

A max temperature of 21.2°C was recorded at our weather station at Valentia in Co.Kerry this afternoon!
    When we get easterly winds, the warmest temperatures are generally in the west of the country. Valentia gets an extra boost as the Föhn effect increases temperatures here.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,254 ✭✭✭Nqp15hhu

14c is hardly cold

From met

A max temperature of 21.2°C was recorded at our weather station at Valentia in Co.Kerry this afternoon!
    When we get easterly winds, the warmest temperatures are generally in the west of the country. Valentia gets an extra boost as the Föhn effect increases temperatures here.

Only 9c here in Arklow,feeling chilly in the NE breeze off the sea
    Winter versus Summer

Nice hike here, high of 14c and a low of 4c. We had a mostly cloudy day, with some sunshine now and in the evening.

1cYg4h9.jpg

MiFVWaT.jpg

Edge of Antrim Plateau

6qQOzN6.jpg

L9axMzr.jpg

UvFzlCj.jpg

Bull standing on the edge of the cliff!

AzCv2mq.jpg

Completed my hike in the fastest time yet, 1200 feet ascended in 27 minutes (the app is wrong, its not 900 feet)!

peZOmEW.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,530 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Nice hazy/dusty sun in Dublin this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

Supercell wrote: »
    Cold and dull today with a breeze that would cut you in half in south Dublin, glad to see the North West finally getting the better of the weather.

Was cool and cloudy here all day as well. Finally brightened up in the evening at least so managed a couple of hours of sun before it set, great to see daylight until well after 8pm now

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Nqp15hhu wrote: »
    14c is hardly cold

The 14c was quite pleasant, the drop to 11c was sharpish and with an increase in a breeze, I certainly noticed it! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

The 14c was quite pleasant, the drop to 11c was sharpish and with an increase in a breeze, I certainly noticed it! :D

There was a hard nip in the wind this evening, despite temps being around 10-11c at the time.

New Moon

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,866 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Breezy much of the day but lighter towards mid afternoon. Got up to 19.6C here near Tralee in hazy sunshine. Very pleasant indeed, did get to eat outdoors and even had to create a bit of shade, felt quite warm working outdoors, even got my wide brimmed hat on today.

NASA EOSDIS Today

SZvv2lt.png

t0jVWlE.png

Pic 14.00 approx

o1lvDXW.jpg?1

Very strange airmass, no wind but temp rising and falling despite the strong sun. Struggling to make double figures.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭lolie

sryanbruen wrote: »
    Nice hazy/dusty sun in Dublin this evening.

Great photo, pity the sun is spotless atm.
    It was a cold overcast evening here.

Beautiful sunny morning if a little cool. 9c now, south cavan.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,819 ✭✭✭appledrop

Lovely and bright here in NCD but only 7 degrees.

We only hit max of 8 degrees here yesterday meanwhile 21 degrees at Valentina.

Now I'm not complaing we have had fab weather in Dublin all week. Glad the rest of country got a bit of that yesterday.

For such a small island we do get great variation in weather/ temperature on the same day at times.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

RTE is telling me it's sunny and blue skies outside but mostly cloudy all morning in Dublin

• Advertisement

Glorious morning in South Mayo :)

Advertisement