Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

YouTube Premium thread SEE OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,934 ✭✭✭dodzy

Leave well enough alone. If ye could afford the 30c per week, surely an extra 80c ain’t gonna be the straw…..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭antimatterx

I feel we'll get fully blocked one day, but enjoy the cheap prices while they last.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭bromley52

I'm glad I stayed with India.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,011 ✭✭✭Jofspring

If you are an Argentinan it's some hike for them in fairness. Quadrupling the price for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭AB7

Think it’s across the board not just Arg;

Turkey - we will be increasing your Premium family plan price from TRY 25.99/month to TRY 59.99/month.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,417 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

There's a lot of discontent across the net, US going up 5 dollars. It'll make people sit up and say no thanks.

This might backfire on youtube.

It's owned by google. It doesn't create any content. And its now getting into netflix pricing?

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭feargantae

Feckers are doubling the student Turkish price from 55c to about €1.10.

With most videos bloated to death with sponsorships YTPremium is barely worth more than a few euro at best.

I hope this backfires on Google badly.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭sosq

But be honest...when did you watch YT without premium...it is impossible. I tried once and don't want to do it again . So many ads

😂. It is still worth a fiver to pay to be ad free.

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭suave.4u

still better value that taking up YT Premium here. EUR 12, Rip off IRL

Isn't the family one here more like €17?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,928 ✭✭✭Ohmeha

Article below with info on large price increases just about everywhere. What the hell are google up to? Even Netflix is now barely that much more expensive

https://www.androidpolice.com/youtube-premium-subscribers-canada-massive-surprise-price-hike/

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭atahuapla

They 100% know this is the case. I’d wager it’s one of the main reasons for a 290% price increase: places like Argentina and Turkey will show hugely inflated subscriber numbers compared to peer countries. They’ll have the tech to determine domestic devices vs VPN devices and the skew is obviously large enough to absorb any cancellations from this hike.

I’m gonna suck it up too. Having used Premium for 2yrs, I inadvertently opened a YT link on an incognito browser recently and the product with ads was flat out unusable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭Del007

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭2lazytogetup

I got hit on arg price. Though the arg peso has collapsed in value over last few years so it just brings it back to 2018 prices.

Thought it funny the email from YouTube on price hike was in English and not Spanish. They know what we are doing.

Wonder if the artists get less from an arg subscriber than a eu one.

Happy to pay the 5 euro month for family plan. They don't even check if we are in same household as I've never shared a wifi with people I let use.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,948 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

It's a staggering percentage of an increase.

I think I will keep the family plan. I do watch 30 minutes of YouTube before bed most nights. I love the no adds. I am Afib & my heart can race very easily. A year ago I made changes in my life to cut down on stress. I spend most of my working driving. I no longer use the radio & particularly talk / current affairs radio. I use Youtube music all the time. I have a play list of 5000 songs on shuffle. Very rarely hear the same song twice.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,473 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I got the email this morning. I thought wow, that's some increase.

Then I realised that it's still under a fiver. Totally worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Secret Seven

€2.60 for my Argentina account. I'll stick with it. Still good value compared to Ireland. Don't want to screw things up for the sake of a few bob. Feel sorry for the genuine Argentines though, that's a hefty price hike for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Mobius2021

Same boat here - going to stick with Argentina but feel sorry for the genuine people there.

Wonder will Ireland go up again at some stage - UK has went up to £19.99 which makes the Irish €11.99 price appear cheap.

Premium has encouraged me to watch far more Youtube and have gotten into several channels. The value proposition is terrible though if someone is playing full price for it. I don't use Youtube Music and Youtube Orginals don't seem to be great at all - it's effectively an ad blocker for me.

You'd have to imagine people with channels on YouTube won't be too happy if the prices get to a point that people start moving away from YouTube and they all start losing out.

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭feargantae

Had forwarding set up on my now well expired student email and for some reason the SheerID email from YouTube came through! Didn't work with UniDays when i tried it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭4real

How much is India? thinking to switch now from Arg.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭shmeee

As reported by many in this thread and myself, India became very difficult the last few moths due to new laws on cards and VPN's etc. Near impossible to get payment working. I had to move away from India to Argentina as couldn't get a payment to work with BOI debit visa card, Credit card or Revolut card.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,580 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

No ads and unlimited hours of music streaming for the price of a third of a pint a month. Still very happy with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,539 ✭✭✭JTMan

Similar problems with Revolut and AIB. But worked fine with PTSB debit card.

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭mistress_gi

I canceled my argentina family plan yesterday (ends 17 November), used Nord vpn to "move myself" to turkey and restarted the subscription using icognito tab on chrome on android.

Everything looks good, took revolut no problem and i added a virtual revolut as a backup and it says next payment will come out on the 17 November. Will keep posted if it goes through if people are interested 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 12,417 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Legend, just did same. Thought I'd to wait until it lapses but I recall it was same when I moved from India to arg.

All setup to renew at my renewal date at 60trl. All family were kept together etc, no issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Pauly26

So, what's the cheapest these days. Turkish subs?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,725 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

So turkey is around a euro cheaper than Argentina?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,592 ✭✭✭Zardoz

On mobile or app, on desktop there are no ads if use use the ublockorigin extension.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭superflyninja

I got a notification there that there is a problem with my payment method and the YT payment (Revolut) won't go through.im setup in Argentina, I guess that means I'll need to cancel snd try signing back up somewhere else. Anyone else getting this?

Advertisement