Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

YouTube Premium thread SEE OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19 JamesLenihan

Just a heads up noticed today my India membership didn’t renew for some reason and app was looking for me to renew at Irish price. When I went to India site to sign up again said it wasn’t available in my region for some reason, maybe vpn problems. Thought the jig was up but managed to renew on the Argentina site anyway. Maybe they are trying to weed out some accounts?

Edit: just read through the last few pages and answered my own question 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 8,653 ✭✭✭shmeee

With India, it's a mix of new regulations on payments along with VPN's not offering a service to India also. Basically, if your on holidays in India still.... Get a plane to Argentina! Grand over here and no issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Hyperbollix

Hi guys, can anyone steer me right on this

Using desktop..........Have gotten Hola, set to Argentina, browsing YT from that location.

Go to buy premium, giving me monthly charge in pesos. Grand. Entered an Argentinian postal address...

Payment with my own card kept failing (assume because its an Irish card) - Got Revolut virtual card, that kept failing. Linked Revolut to Google Pay, Set location in Google account as same Argentinian address im using for Youtube. This added Googlepay (with revolut card details) as a payment option on the premium trial...

That then looks to verfiy by sending a notification to revolut for you to accept on your phone. Thats grand, it tells you to return to merchants site. Problem is, thats the point that Youtube should switch to premium and begin my months trial, but it just stays on the "buy" screen for the trial. You can either go through that process again or close the popup, whereby Premium has not been activated..........

This is some PITH lads, any help appreciated...............

EDIT - Got it sorted. Decided to create a new Google account specifically for Youtube which I could setup with a new location and link that to Revolut/Google Pay. While doing this I opted to try Turkey for the VPN.

Worked like a charm. Didnt hang during the payment method verification like previously. Will relieve me of 94c a month once the trial ends! Turned off Hola and logged into Youtube as normal with my new email address, all location specific content reverted to Ireland.

Very happy bunny!

Post edited by Hyperbollix on

• Registered Users Posts: 24 FPLLeebo

If anyone is willing to include me into their family plan (I will pay appropriate price), let me know

• Registered Users Posts: 8,120 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Wow, followed the OP and set it up in under 5 mins! Thanks all.

Used Tunnelbear and set country to Argentina.

However, I didn't have to enter any fake address. Does this imply that next payment might get stopped?

Post edited by dinneenp on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,120 ✭✭✭dinneenp

was looking to join a family but got my own account. As I can't delete, I just edited this post.

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭gandroid

Thanks!

Post edited by gandroid on

• Registered Users Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

trying to do this with PureVPN, continually getting $11.99 a month even though VPN set to Argentina.

any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

So couldn't get Argentina to work, but appear to have got Turkey to work! Looks like it anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭gillamandango

Family Sub going up 179ARS to 699ARS from Nov for me. Just got an email about it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭antimatterx

• Registered Users Posts: 12,434 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Got it too. Better move to Turkey.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭antimatterx

Argentina family will now cost around €5 instead of €1.30 per month. It was nice while it lasted. It's still very cheap, but **** me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭Del007

How much is the turkey youtube? That's a large increase for Argentina

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭R11

Got email also....have turkish YouTube premium users got similar email? Have Youtube finally copped on to the workaround?

Just got the email also. That's an insane jump in price. I know it's still cheap and all. But for genuine people in Argentina that's a whooper of an increase. 179 Pesos to 699 Pesos.

Got it too. Better move to Turkey. Assume it's just cancel, let sub elapse and then fire up VPN to turkey, sign up using saved google play card?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭mailforkev

Got the email too, ARS 119 to 389. Still cheap enough for me (around €2.59) not to notice it coming out of my account but that’s a huge percentage increase.

Post edited by mailforkev on

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Got that email as well, is Turkey cheapest now? How do you switch country?

It's 18 in irl. Expensive for what it is

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,896 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

We created YouTube Premium to provide an uninterrupted YouTube experience, so that you can get closer to the videos, creators and music artists that you love. To continue delivering great service and features, we will be increasing your Premium price from ARS 119.00/month to ARS 389.00/month.

This change will take place on your next billing cycle starting on or after 21 November 2022. To check the status of your account and billing information, go to your Settings > Purchases and memberships page. All members have the flexibility to pause or cancel at any time here.

YouTube Premium will keep delivering the benefits that you enjoy, like ad-free YouTube with background and offline play and uninterrupted access to over 100 million songs with the YouTube Music app. Members also get to try experimental new features and exclusive livestream afterparties with music artists. This update will allow us to develop even more Premium features and continue to support the creators and artists that you watch on YouTube.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Art Fonzarelli

Turkish account:

"To continue delivering great service and features, we will be increasing your Premium family plan price from TRY 25.99/month to TRY 59.99/month."

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,291 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Turkey going from TR17 to TR30(€1.60)

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Art Fonzarelli

So €3.30?

Yep, Turkey family plan increase to €3.30, Argentina increase to €4.65.

I moved from India to arg years ago and it was easy but I didn't have a family acc at that point.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,735 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

I dont think it’s worth the hassle switching to turkey to save a euro a month, I currently let 4 people use my family plan for free but getting tempted to ask for contributions now!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,949 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Being the paranoid sort I'd imagine that Google is smart enough to spot people moving from 1 cheap country to another just when a mail is sent, considering it's less than a fiver a month it's still great value, I won't be risking a block for €1.35 savings a month.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,720 ✭✭✭ablelocks

just got an email :

yadda yadda yadda bs......we will be increasing your Premium family plan price from ARS 179.00/month to ARS 699.00/month. yadda yadda yadda bs

that's a big increase from €1.19 to €4.65 approx.

I don't use it that often, (although recently had started to watch more live gigs) so if I can't relocate to a more pocket friendly foreign state, i'll be cancelling....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭Wexy86

Does anyone know how I go about removing family premium and just have a single user premium account?

Advertisement