Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2021 Masters 10/01/21 -17/01/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,465 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

This could go late. Turning into a "war of nutrition" as Ryan Giggs would say.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭spurshero

Pockets are like buckets . How that long red from Bingham into green pocket dropped I will never know

• Registered Users Posts: 6,413 ✭✭✭weemcd

There's been a few funny frames in this one. Bingham has played much better but Murphy is still right in it. Whoever wins this frame it's massive.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,282 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Dunno about that attempt at a plant earlier in the frame by Murphy at this stage of the match. Second time tonight he just seems to want to make it all happen in one adventurous shot when he should be more cautious.

This is dire - a Selby-Kyren Wilson match would be more entertaining than this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Holy Diver

The Nal wrote: »

No shortage of nutrition there tonight...

AllForIt wrote: »
    Dunno about that attempt at a plant earlier in the frame by Murphy at this stage of the match. Second time tonight he just seems to want to make it all happen in one adventurous shot when he should be more cautious.

Aye there's definitely times he's forced a shot that wasn't there and it's hurt him.

"Where's the cueball going?" from JV the highlight so far from me :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,411 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

Earlier we also got 'when you're breaking off, whatever you do, don't hit the blue'

"Where's the cueball going?" from JV the highlight so far from me :pac:

I hate when Virgo says that because the cueball never goes in, I think that's his third one of the day, but this one obviously did.

• Advertisement

The cue ball did seem to zoom off the cushion after Murphy potted that excellent long green under pressure, but maybe he did just hit it too hard.

Murphy was bemused at the zip off the cushion, don't know if he'd blame the table or himself but it was some whip to get on that shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

Hard to believe that both of these are x world champions, atrocious standard

• Registered Users Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭DelBoy Trotter

Murphy’s head is gone. Can only see this frame going one way now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,989 ✭✭✭waynescales1

The Nal wrote: »

Reminds me of Ken Doherty during the BBC’s coverage of last year’s World Championship. I can’t remember the match but his advice to one of the players was to “take the bull by the scruff of the neck”.

Murphy is having a hard time of it this past year. He'll be slipping down the rankings if it doesn't turn it around. Thought he might have turned a corner with his win the other day but not on the evidence of tonight.

I've enjoyed this despite some very poor shots from both players. Can't see a way back for Murphy now.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

Shauns had it tough past few months with having to travel back and forth and then continually quarantine. Not easy. Could have chosen to stay in england like Ken did but hard choice when you have young family. Definitely affected his form i think.

I often wonder if pro snookers players ever work with sports psychologists.

It seems to be a thing atm that they are working with Sight Right and all that sorta technique thing, which is important, but it's so apparent to me how many of them through their facial expressions seem to loose it when things aren't going well.

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭eric hoone

Shauns had it tough past few months with having to travel back and forth and then continually quarantine. Not easy. Could have chosen to stay in england like Ken did but hard choice when you have young family. Definitely affected his form i think.

The recent tournaments have definitely favoured the English-based players.

• Advertisement

eric hoone wrote: »
    The recent tournaments have definitely favoured the English-based players.

Id say at least two thirds of the tour pros are england based anyway but definitely a challenge for those who arent, likes of maflin, probably go weeks/months away from family.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,989 ✭✭✭waynescales1

Bingham never struck me as a man for a tattoo.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭mrunsure

AllForIt wrote: »
    I often wonder if pro snookers players ever work with sports psychologists.

Ronnie has famously worked with well known sports psychologist Steve Peters for many years.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭mrunsure

Bingham never struck me as a man for a tattoo.

Did he get them out again last night? He's covered in them!

Other top players with tattoos include Mark Williams, Kyren Wilson, Mark Allen and Luca Brecel.

There are a couple of mental coaches out there, chris henry the most prominent, working with a few of the players including selby. I'd wonder if a lot of players are caught in a bind with these things, anything which improves your game is great but comes with a price and if you're not earning bundles, it's trickier accessing expert guidance.

Eagle eyes ref :pac:

Bit of a crazy shot to try and play that plant there, so much daylight between those reds.

Great red that from yan, frame winning shot.

He's not phased by the occasion anyway, the Chinese no 1/2 - whatever his ranking is... Some pot alright.. Maguire had a good one there himself...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭Newuser2

Is o'sullivan higgins on live tonight?

Advertisement