Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2021 Masters 10/01/21 -17/01/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

That is what you call jammy from Wilson. First escape attempt he goes in off which denies gilbert a free ball, then flukes the yellow with his second. Poor dave wryly shaking his head!

Come on Dave! Playing some good safety on re-spotted black thus far...

Big frame to win considering the big slice of luck kyren had. Do daves confidence world of good.

Fair play Dave - that black went in nice and clean, and nowhere near an in off with the white travelling. 2-1 to the outsider.. He deserves a run does David - hasn't been having much luck lately..

Big few months for dave, gonna be losing a bag of ranking points at the worlds this year so needs to find a few good performances. Some signs he's showing a return to form this week.

• Advertisement

Table looking a little more appealing now for Dave to reduce deficit,; should he get a chance - ffs, another fluke

Dave must be well happy atm the way this match is going - Wilson cruising now in frame 7, but the reds aren't too appealing after that split,,, All to play for - and he misses//// Mon Dave!!

I can see Wilson 'doing a Selby' in the next yr or three ie "'a period in the wilderness'" - must be very taxing the amount of concentration he gives to play the way he does....

Pink is safe-ish and that's in the farmer's favour - looking good for Dave. 13/8 looks big now - after Allen losing last night I tried to find summit for today, but couldn't see a bet,,

Green safe as houses now - come on Dave... The whole forum must be rooting for ya... Wilson surely can't clear up from here - unlucky knocking green just past middle bag...

• Advertisement

An Alex Higgins special that middle knuckle snooker :p

JJ can't count :pac: Dave won't need that black :D

^^^

He will now...

Dave has won all the tight frames here. Got rub of green a few times there but was due a bit of luck in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,241 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Can't make my mind up if Gilbert looks more like Alain Robideux, or a fella you would see in one of those middle ages films.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 20,788 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Can't make my mind up if Gilbert looks more like Alain Robideux, or a fella you would see in one of those middle ages films.

He looks like an assistant manager of a Car phone warehouse

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Registered Users Posts: 1,989 ✭✭✭waynescales1

How did DG not finish off the frame there. He could be in for a lot of grief here. Mental strength under pressure seems by far to be Gilbert's biggest weakness.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,032 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Dave Gilbert in the semis having played cack. Higgins or O'Sullivan won't lose any sleep over him.

Don't think Dave played bad at all, certainly missed nothing like the two lads last night anyway. Just shows you its not all about scoring and making tons, you got to do the gritty stuff too sometimes and he did that better than kyren today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭Sandor Clegane

what happened between murphy and bingham...lads on eurosport are going on about it a lot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,413 ✭✭✭weemcd

what happened between murphy and bingham...lads on eurosport are going on about it a lot.

They both fluffed a few pots between them, BBC were mentioning it too. Looked like nerves but Bingham sitting nicely here to go 1-1 now.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭mrunsure

Maybe something to do with this?

https://www.echo-news.co.uk/sport/16085667.stuart-bingham-hits-back-shaun-murphys-2015-world-championships-injury-claim/
    STUART Bingham has criticised Shaun Murphy after the latter revealed he was injured the morning of the 2015 World Championships final.

Bingham, from Bowers Gifford, defeated Murphy 18-15 in the final at the Crucible almost three years ago to win snooker’s greatest prize. But Murphy has now said he was struggling with a back injury to the extent where he contemplated pulling out of the final altogether. And Bingham says he finds it strange that Murphy is only making the claims now, labelling them ‘a load of rubbish’.

“It is the first time it’s ever come out,” said Bingham. “Surely if you have a bad back the morning of playing you would have made it known back then.

“To say it three years later doesn’t make sense to me and I think it is a load of rubbish.

“But it is up to him what he wants to say, I just have to focus on my game.”

Bingham’s quotes are in response to Murphy’s after he claimed his coach was needed to walk on his back ahead of the final.

Murphy told World Snooker: “On the Sunday morning before the final I was lying on the floor of the practice room so my coach Chris Henry could walk on my back to get it right. I was unable to hit any balls that morning and, thankfully, through intense physio work and Chris walking on my back, sticking his elbow in key places, I got myself in a position to be able to play. While having breakfast that morning, I was contemplating becoming the first person to pull out of a world final.”

• Registered Users Posts: 8,277 ✭✭✭AllForIt

I'm really liking the vibes I'm getting from Murphy in this tournament. Seems to playing with an air of confidence. Also interesting Dale mentioned he has adjusted his technique a little. Must have something to do with it.

Classy clearance there from Bingham for 2-2. Didn’t know about that subplot between these two, interesting.

Classy clearance there from Bingham for 2-2. Didn’t know about that subplot between these two, interesting.

Yeah, but sometimes I think the sports media overplay these kinds of petty disputes and even the players themselves don't mind a bitta controversy which gives their sport more attention.

And yes, Bingham with a spring in his step now.

What was murphy thinking with that shot?

I agree with Dale, that attempted red in-off the black didn't look on, and that's why Murphy hit the black first because it was so tight to make it.

AllForIt wrote: »
    Yeah, but sometimes I think the sports media overplay these kinds of petty disputes and even the players themselves don't mind a bitta controversy which gives their sport more attention.

And yes, Bingham with a spring in his step now.

Yeah I was thinking that about Bingham’s response. I suppose he feels it diminishes his achievement slightly. Perhaps he needn’t have reacted.

Textbook Shaun Murphy. Always has a bad miss or crazy shot choice in him.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,413 ✭✭✭weemcd

Love to see Bingham take this. I detest Murphy. Bingham one of the most likable players in the game, he lives and breathes snooker, I don't think there's anyone that winning means more to, such is his love of the sport.

• Advertisement

I though that was a great 70 break by Murphy. Although reds split open they were all blocking each other but he worked it out, particularly with that pink to centre early on to get back on one red via in and out of baulk.

Advertisement