Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2021 Masters 10/01/21 -17/01/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭waynescales1

The Nal wrote: »
    Stephen Lees game got worse with every pound he put on.

You’re right in more ways than one there.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

I recall 2017 sf at the crucible, higgins v kyren wilson. The post match interviews, the younger wilson looking pale and haggard, utterly spent after a draining 2 day battle, the veteran higgins skipping in after him, looking like he'd be happy to go straight out for another session. Of course, higgins did then lose the final to a superior athlete who limbered up for the encounter by noshing a kebab at 2 o'clock the morning of the final.

Yan's inscrutable

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Dante7

Think there's a bit more to it than that tbh.

I thought there had to be more to it too, but I can't find anything except maybe Bingham blaming Murphy for his ban cos Shaun was on the board at the time. But that would have been totally out of Murphy's control. I think Murohy is a bit unlikeable. I always thought he was a bit aspie (am myself), and lacked certain skills etc., and his homeschooling wouldn't have helped there. But I reckon he is genuine enough and would have him over Bingham any day.

Sublime - as good as that plant; which was far from easy, that opening red there from Yan... Hon!!!!!

• Advertisement

Dante7 wrote: »
    I thought there had to be more to it too, but I can't find anything except maybe Bingham blaming Murphy for his ban cos Shaun was on the board at the time. But that would have been totally out of Murphy's control. I think Murohy is a bit unlikeable. I always thought he was a bit aspie (am myself), and lacked certain skills etc., and his homeschooling wouldn't have helped there. But I reckon he is genuine enough and would have him over Bingham any day.

I think the ban thing might be the nub of it, whatever shaun could or couldnt do, stuart maybe felt he should be doing more for him as players rep. Hard to know exactly without more detail, but there was a feeling about shaun that he was becoming a bit too "establishment" in that role so may be something in it. Was a good thing he quit that post i think.

All speculative but throw in the back thing and the fact shaun became fairly tight with steve feeney after the latter and bingham had a very bitter and public falling out and i think you have the necessary ingredients for a decent feud.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭waynescales1

Bingtao showing Bingham who’s boss in the battle of the Bings.

Bit snatchy there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,594 ✭✭✭newmember2

This match has finally got interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,329 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Where is Yan from again? I don't think I heard Dennis Taylor mention it much.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Advertisement

Bingham bit ballrunny there but i dont know why yan left blue tighton cushion, gave Bingham a better chance of escape. Those shots should be minimum 3,4 inches off the cushion.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,652 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

Yan showing some balls!! Awesome performance from a mere nipper!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,846 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

Really happy for Yan to get through. It's great to see a player of that age make it to a major final.

Yan must have some Buddhist Monk about him - unflappable; as they say,,, Now COME ON DAAAVVE!! That snooker from Higgins last night was completely unexpected, and pretty close to as good as it can possibly get - he was AWEsome; but surely he can't replicate it tonight..
    Come on Dave - take that maxim that the pundits falsely attribute to the nugget (yeah, they're sure he came up with it alright :rolleyes:) , and play as if it means nothing, even though,,,, etc and you've a good chance of beating John, aye :D

"no.. just about" :D Ken, when the red was close, and then went in,,, Oh aye........ COME ONNNN DAAAAAAVE :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭tanko

Two terrible misses by Gilbert in that frame, he should be 3-1 up.

The corner pockets are like buckets on this table, it takes some effort to miss a pot into them.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,362 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Higgins is having all the luck tonight.

Edit: About time Gilbert got that bit of good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,306 ✭✭✭AllForIt

This match is only going one way. Gilbert seems to be totally of colour mentally.

AllForIt wrote: »
    This match is only going one way. Gilbert seems to be totally of colour mentally.

I wouldn't be so sure...they're not too far apart in play.

• Advertisement

Another terrible shot from Gilbert, if Higgins wins this frame it's over.

newmember? wrote: »
    I wouldn't be so sure...they're not too far apart in play.

Don't see it happening myself. I didn't catch the beginning of the match where Gilbert got ahead early on but Higgins is looking the much more solid of the two to me.

Incidentally I notice Gilbert is wearing a wrist watch. Unusual anyone wears an old style wrist watch these days least of all when playing.

AllForIt wrote: »
    Don't see it happening myself. I didn't catch the beginning of the match where Gilbert got ahead early on but Higgins is looking the much more solid of the two to me.

Higgins was slow to get going but Gilbert missed chances to take advantage.
    That's a shocking mistake from Gilbert there, i think his head is gone now.

wow

Thought that pink was tricky enough that Higgins missed, near cushion and awkward enough angle.

Crucial frame now 4-4 or 5-3 Higgins.

Misses by a yard and gets away with it again.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 20,948 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

tanko wrote: »
    The corner pockets are like buckets on this table, it takes some effort to miss a pot into them.

Tell Higgins that after missing that pink

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

Higgins deserves the frame after laying that snooker.

• Advertisement

Jayus Gilbert fired a great escape back, this is great stuff. Better than 100 after 100 stuff :D 4-4 here we go.

Will the farmer plough on?

Advertisement