Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where are we going for protein?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭DangerMouse27

100% keep the comments coming.

I've gone with My Protein, more often than not. But I'm going to try Inside Nutrition, salted caramel. Thanks for the heads up and code.

Dealz, the odd time, have a discount on the ON bars. Thought they tasted horrible but could have been the batch.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,770 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

the protein bars are awful you're not wrong, I've totally given up on bars lately the price is going up and the quality is dropping i think

the salted caramel is lovely btw and ive also had banana and strawberry and the choc hazelnut which is just like Nutella, drop of water and ice and blend them

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,315 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

Current prices, doesn't include delivery. Other brands are available.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,177 ✭✭✭VonLuck

Useful! Would also be interesting how they compare with price per gram of protein as they're not all the same quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,082 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Generally the isolates or hydrolised wheys have higher protein content, but are not as good in terms of $$ value.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭DangerMouse27

Got my salted caramel and was very impressed. Two free little sachets included with the package. Very impressed. Will definitely order again. Thanks for the heads up 💪👍

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭Dozz

I got 2kg of the vanilla in their Halloween sale. It very nice. I mix it with porridge or just with water and ice in a shake.

Great to see an Irish Company competing with the "Big Guys" with a similar or cheaper price.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Leinsterfan18

Will myprotein have a black Friday sale?

Have to imagine Irish sales have dropped off a cliff this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭antimatterx

Hopefully. If so and it's decent it's time to stock up

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭holdfast

I used to buy PhD a few years back. But they changed the taste and i havent found. I have tried ROS, ON and myprotien. But they are bearable but not great. I know its is subjective but what do you think is nice tasting ? I am a chocolate - chocolate mint - banana type of guy

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 7 HollisHurlbut

Anyone try Protein Works?

I'm not vegan, but usually get the vegan one as it seems to 'agree' a lot better with me. Mixes really well the cookies and cream is great for overnight oats.

Con: A bit pricier.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 HeatherSan

Protein is an essential part of our diet, and the choices we make regarding its sources can have a significant impact on our nutrition. If you're in search of a reliable and high-quality protein source, organic whey protein is definitely worth considering. What makes this kind protein stand out is its purity and nutritional value. It's derived from organic milk, ensuring that you're getting a clean and wholesome source of protein without the additives and chemicals often found in other products. This makes it an excellent choice for those who are conscious about the quality of their nutrition.

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭fatbhoy

Grand, but that's mad money. When I win the Lotto I might consider it.

lets overlook the insane pricing of the product for a second, lets think about shipping and then customs from florida usa how would that make sense for anyone in ireland to purchase that ?

if i want organic protein i will fry up some beef liver 500g for 3 euro from the butcher

• Registered Users Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭Patsy167

Clear Whey - €15 & Free delivery. 24 hours only from MyProtein.

https://www.myprotein.ie/myprotein-app.list

• Registered Users Posts: 9,289 ✭✭✭Macy0161

Very impressed with IN - next day delivery, with DPD, at a better price. I'll keep an eye on MP/ Bulk as I'm not too fussy on flavour (unlike herself), but I think they'll be the default option.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 i_love_wrestling

me too, pleasant surprise

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Leinsterfan18

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭runswithascript

I was not too excited about the small number of servings in bubblegum flavours for €15.

Yesterday Bulk Powders had a Black Friday banner across their website (with little if any discount on Pure Whey), and it was a similar story on My Protein Impact Whey.

Since yesterday was not Black Friday, it was just the date Amazon chose to start their sales event early, hopefully come Black Friday November 24 or the following Cyber Monday we will see real discounts from both providers.

Did any of you order last year, or can you remember how much of a discount was offered by either?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭runswithascript

The additional 20% off code 'black' for the Irish My Protein website has started working. Go buy a year of Impact Whey at €88.79 per 5kg as that seems as often as these prices come around.

Best value I have found recently in terms of protein density, only beaten now by the same product, on their German website and by only ~20c per protein kg. UK paying €94.11 on promotion as of yesterday.

Post edited by runswithascript on

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭Dave 101

INSIDE NUTRITION

25% OFF SITEWIDE

WHEN YOU USE THE DISCOUNT CODE:

BF2023EARLY

just got that email from inside nutrition, good savings to be had there

• Registered Users Posts: 3,453 ✭✭✭avfc1874

Hi, want to stock up on protein, all the 5kg protein are coming in around the same price, not sure if they've just inflated the prices before they've put the discount on best I can find

Protein works 4kg 70euro

Bulk power 5kg 106 ☹️

Inside nutrition Around 125 for 5kg before 25% off, so nothing great as far as i can see

If anyone can find a good deal, let me know, thanks

Looking to get 5kg+

• Registered Users Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭franglan

Yep in same boat. Not great at all

€89 for 5kg on MP - that's the best price I've seen Whey there outside of the limited editions for a good while.

they are good deals compared to the prices we have been seeing in the last 18-24 months €16.87 per kg with next day delivery is decent at the moment, my protein rarely run good sales these days and when they do it is a lower end protein blend or flavour they can't shift

With the comparison, I'm not that inclined to go that big stocking up. Was super impressed with IN next day delivery rather than a week and potentially fastway roulette with the UK suppliers.

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭fatbhoy

Did anyone else notice the cheap trick MP have pulled for Black Friday? They are giving 25% off now, but the hiked up the prices big time in the last few days. Ordinary whey was 11-something for I think .5kg, now it's basically 14. These protein companies are really taking the p1ss. I remember only a few years ago MP/Bulk were selling ordinary whey for about €50 for 5kg if you had a discount code, and there were loads of those codes floating around. Now it's 110/120 for 5kgs.

• Advertisement

Support inside nutrition

myprotein have a target audience and bargain hunters are not wanted clearly

Advertisement