Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where are we going for protein?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭VonLuck

Sale on with MyProtein. I got 5kg of whey for €85. Used code Impact10.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭antimatterx

Down to more reasonable levels for some product with that code. Z little on the high side, but I'm going to bite the bullet as it's the best price I've seen for a while.

It's the cheapest protein you can get anywhere at the moment so I jumped on the offer. I feel it's unlikely prices will go any lower than that.

Yeah its a shame. I'm running low and I'm OK with these prices. They could be better, so it'll do.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,776 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

If people want different flavours then protein blend comes in 1.26kg bags and 4 of them after the code is €81.08

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Yermander

Bit the bullet and ordered from MP with that sale on, should keep me going for next few months.

Anyone else get an email from My Protein this morning saying their order is late. Typical.

They use to be such a great company. Delivery on time and cheap prices. I'd love a start up to comepete.

Nope. I got my order less than 72 hours days after paying.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,289 ✭✭✭Macy0161

Put in a myprotein order for the family there (as I'm the only one loving the tiramisu!) and the standard delivery was 14-15 days, with a paid for express option. Maybe they're cutting back the EU operation, and shipping from UK with the hassle and delays that entails. Standard used to be 4-6 days iirc?

When I ordered it gave me the option of 1-2 day express delivery at no extra charge. Maybe I was lucky?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭Raoul Duke

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭chillywilly

I’m just getting back in to properly working out after a long hiatus and holy sh*te the prices have gone insane!

I just checked my MP order history. Paid €28 for 2.5kg bag of Whey Protein in 2018…..same bag is now €64!

so the consensus is that MP are still the cheapest despite still being expensive?!

I think most places are similar. I was looking at Bulk last week and prices were within a few euro of each other.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭DM-BM

It peaked at €194 for 5kg unflavoured whey ( I bought it on sale in early 2021 for €48). Creatine up from around €10/15 per kg to €72. Crazy

Post edited by DM-BM on

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭vafankillar

sorry for the noob question, but what is the difference between whey isolate and pure whey protein powders?

SO nutrition in illac centre has the isolate for €17 and they pure for €14, both 454g bags. and would this be the best value you'd find around without bulk buying?

Quick and easy answer is it’s the amount of protein per scoop

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭vafankillar

just had a look at it there, you save 3 euro for 1g of protein per scoop. 24 instead of 25. suppose not too bad for the price difference

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭Jambonjunior

Is MP best price for protein bars or are there better alternative?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭chillywilly

Picked up 1kg Essential Whey Protein for €22 from Bulk.

it’s not isolate but I think it’s the way I’m gonna get cost wise!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭runswithascript

I was hoping for an end of month sale today to take another 40-50% off the prices below as they would in the past on Myprotein or Bulk for whey and creatine. Is there any pattern to when the largest regular sales occur or is there anywhere else that can beat these prices:

MP: Impact Whey Protein 5kg €110.99, Creatine Monohydrate Powder 1kg €57.47

BP: Pure Whey Protein 5kg, €110.94, Creatine Monohydrate Powder €50.39

the sales like that are a thing of the past tbh, you might get a special offer now and then but nothing site wide sales or huge discount codes

compare the impact whey to the other whey mixes with my protein and you might save money

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭runswithascript

Thanks. I will just have to pay as I go until Black Friday or the next big one and then order a year's supply.

It is disappointing to see the PAYDAY discount deal currently running on MP's UK and German websites but not the Irish one, which reduces the cost of my order from around 170 to 130 and 125. I can see on my account on the DE website they did deliver to me directly here before. I just ordered from Germany to a forwarding company where it seems it will cost around another 25 to get it here.

If any one has a cheaper whey to do this for next time please let me know.

Just had a look myself, really expensive now.

hopefully they bring out a code for a ‘sale’ period soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,348 ✭✭✭xckjoo

Bulk have an extra 10% off for the next few hours with the code "extrae". 5kg of whey just under the €100 with it

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭Saudades

My last couple of MyProtein orders (from the Ireland site) were shipped by a different company (Evri International) and were processed through their UK hub.

The years prior to this, they had been coming from Netherlands via FedEx - having to now come from the EU due to Brexit. A few of yous will remember the issues around the time with orders shipped from the UK hub being rejected here at customs.

I'm curious what has suddenly changed.

But more importantly, if it's now possible to order from the MyProtein UK site again without running into customs issues or additional fees.

I asked someone on the MP online chat but they didn't really know.

Evri is the new name for Hermes which is a really cheap courier service, they make fastway look good

Well I've no complaints with Evri (it's still Fastway when it lands over this side) but it's the first time since the Brexit drama that I've had a shipment come from the UK instead of the EU.

Something must have changed somewhere.

My curiosity is peaked because there's a product I want on the UK site which isn't available on the Ireland site so I'm tempted to see what happens if I order it.

I may try the online chat again tomorrow and hopefully get through to someone different.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Have had a myprotein shipment get lost by fastway. I'm convinced the drivers have a racket going with "lost" parcels. Ordered a month ago and still not here.

• Advertisement

Did you get onto MyProtein chat? They should send out a replacement.

Advertisement