Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connacht Team Talk Thread VI - Some like it TOH

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭macslash

Cardiff robbed. Was hoping Ulster would stay beaten to keep closer to us.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭ElisaAtWar

Now folks may have noticed some changes to the team that most supporters are in general agreement with. So this is what I suspect occured. So Willie rings Pete and the conversation goes along these lines

Willie: Hey Pete, how's things?

Pete: All good Willie, think I have cracked it. Planning to put TOH in at outhalf and Hawkshaw in at scrum half this week. I'm convinced it will work

Willie: Pete, you are the best. That sounds like an amazing plan. But Pete, the rabble are saying ideas don't work. In fact, Pete, they are saying you haven't a clue what your doing

Pete: (after a short intermission) Willie I promise it will work this time

Willie: Pete, would you mind if we just go with the boards.ie folks on what they think the team should look like. At least it will prove they are full of ****.

Pete: Ok Willie I hear you. Thanks for the call

Its an interesting situation. Is your coach full of shite or are the fans correct

• Registered Users Posts: 11,145 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Red card

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,145 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

That's bull. It's a shoulder shot

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭testtech05

No attempt to wrap at any stage surely when your never legal you negate the mitigation. Very lucky to only be yellow

• Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭Shehal

They were not robbed, if you deliberately knock on you pay the price for it.

So Forde in for JJ after 15 minutes and I'm good

We must have a shocking record of conceeding points when the opposite team are down numbers

• Advertisement

Well done Devine well spotted

So easy again. Slightly awkward bounce but a poor mistake

Straight from kick off we give them an easy in to our 22 again and a few more errors and we have conceeded 3 again.

Thats the nicest try we have scored for a while. Almost knocked it on the phase before by nicely worked.

Followed by you guessed it a shocking exit olay

And of course TOH at fullback

• Registered Users Posts: 5,919 ✭✭✭OldRio

Good trys but every kick off return is muck.

but this is promising

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭ShineyShiney

Brilliant half from Devine, everything you'd want from a 9 so far.

Restarts 🫣

our friends on boards.ie were not incorrect it would seem

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭freyners

Devines two tries are the highlight but loved the speed of service and, as a difference maker from blade, is not constantly testing the pillar so when he does he gets at least some meters, great start to his senior professional career

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭ShineyShiney

I wouldn't mind that ref every week, thought she was good.

Good win, thought JJ had a good game.

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭Former Coach

Devine did a decent Gibson-Park impression this evening. Our ruck ball speed and quality of his passing was top notch. Also his ability to snipe very impressive.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭serfboard

I’d agree with you on both points there. I thought that was JJ’s best match for Connacht so far.

So two more changes and ElisaAtWar will become ElisaAtPeace

It looked very inconclusive to say the least. Anyway I was more referring to JC's knock-on in lead up to first try.

Great win last night. Discipline was poor at times but the defence did well. A good confidence boost.

Devine looked at home at 9. SJ was decent despite a few handling errors. Was great to see Porch again.

Andrew Smith must be one of the unluckiest with try's. He gets so close! Niall Murray played very well. I thought the bench had a good impact.

Great to have a sunny evening in the SG!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭Borders no.2

Devine was a huge plus. It was obvious at u20 level that he had the talent but he's not got much exposure to high level rugby yet even at AIL. With that in mind it's crucial that corinthians and galwegians win their playoffs because with Buccaneers going down and Ballina back to junior we need lads to be able to play AIL at a half decent level without them having to go to limerick or Dublin where possible.

Job done on the night. The floodgates opened near the end but the treviso league defeat was the final nail in the coffin. No matter how I look at the remaining fixtures I can't see us getting Top 8.

Now I know Smith did start one game at fullback and didn't have a great outing. That said it was early in his days at Connacht and every game he seems to flourish that bit more. So I wonder would Smith at fullback with Bolton and Hansen on the wings be a thing of beauty

• Advertisement

Also it's great to see Bundee enjoying his rugby at Connacht again

Advertisement