Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cross Pens

Options

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 6,853 ✭✭✭Spocker

I ordered on the 4th Jan with a single code, and had a shipment label generated on the 9th (but not handed over to DHL). I got no update to a few emails I sent to both the UK and IE email addresses, but I got through to their support department on the UK number this morning, and the chap on the phone mentioned "leaving the EU" as the reason for the delay, and said he would ask the warehouse to release it, as they were going to pay the Customs fee. Got the email from DHL this evening with a different tracking number, with expected delivery on Friday of this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Dublinstiofán

Spocker wrote: »
    I ordered on the 4th Jan with a single code, and had a shipment label generated on the 9th (but not handed over to DHL). I got no update to a few emails I sent to both the UK and IE email addresses, but I got through to their support department on the UK number this morning, and the chap on the phone mentioned "leaving the EU" as the reason for the delay, and said he would as the warehouse to release it, as they were going to pay the Customs fee. Got the email from DHL this evening with a different tracking number, with expected delivery on Friday of this week.

I got a delivery by Friday email today too from DHL at long last!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

Fingers crossed my own arrives.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,512 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

Witcher wrote: »
    Just received DHL notification for order from the 6th, my one from the 4th obviously got cancelled.

Pen from the 4th eventually arrived about a week after this. It had disappeared from my card and appeared back the day after it was delivered.

Seems haphazard if they shipped or not and what order dates went through for everyone.

Thanks OP:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭Username here

swingking wrote: »
    Can I just recommend thepenplace.ie in Dun Laoighaire if you are looking for refills. I spoke to a very nice gentleman who really helped me out.

This is complete contrast to the subpar service offered by Cross.

Would highly recommend!

Thanks for the recommendation; it's ridiculous though that it's necessary to phone to see if items are in stock before placing an online order.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 6,853 ✭✭✭Spocker

Spocker wrote: »
    I ordered on the 4th Jan with a single code, and had a shipment label generated on the 9th (but not handed over to DHL). I got no update to a few emails I sent to both the UK and IE email addresses, but I got through to their support department on the UK number this morning, and the chap on the phone mentioned "leaving the EU" as the reason for the delay, and said he would ask the warehouse to release it, as they were going to pay the Customs fee. Got the email from DHL this evening with a different tracking number, with expected delivery on Friday of this week.

Just delivered, no extra charges

• Registered Users Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Dublinstiofán

Mine too! No additional charges

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭Zimmerframe

They cancelled my order, last Sunday which was "shipped", but"not handed over to DHL" on Jan 05, because of stacked codes, but no sign of a refund yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Casher

Let me add to the list of people who finally got through to customer service, spoke to them Wednesday, pen dispatched Thursday, due for delivery today. Ordered 1st Jan, only one code used. Initial dispatch notice received 9th Jan and then silence. After all this it better be a bloody good pen.

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭Diziet

I got a refund in the end, as they could not say if and when they would dispatch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭keredern

Diziet wrote: »
    I got a refund in the end, as they could not say if and when they would dispatch.

Really furious with them TBH!! :mad:

Still waiting on a refund for an order made on the 2nd Jan!!

They are atrocious! :eek:

I'll never buy from them again.

Oh wait, I did!! :rolleyes:

Bought another pen two weeks ago...still not shipped... :confused::eek:

Just dreadful customer service. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭Zimmerframe

My refund appeared in Revolut today.
    It was a long saga overall, but considering, I just placed the orders and never even contacted them, it could be worse.
    Furthermore, I am £2.88 in profit after the whole affair, as I had used "topcashbackup.co.uk" and Cross had paid out on the order that never was. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭barrier86

Ordered mid January. Money refunded a week later. Email yesterday from cross saying it has been dispatched and they have added a journal as a goodwill gesture for the delay.

Used one code and total came to 36 euro

• Registered Users Posts: 6,512 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

keredern wrote: »
    Really furious with them TBH!! :mad:

Still waiting on a refund for an order made on the 2nd Jan!!

They are atrocious! :eek:

I'll never buy from them again.

Oh wait, I did!! :rolleyes:

Bought another pen two weeks ago...still not shipped... :confused::eek:

Just dreadful customer service. :(

They have to have customer service to be dreadful. They don't even have that.

I kicked up on twitter. Got a response very quickly to say they had cancelled and I had been informed neither of which were true.
    It was then cancelled and I was informed.

Still waiting. I guess I may throw a call in.

"Hi, I'm the lad who told everyone about the January sale....."

• Registered Users Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭swingking

Still waiting. I guess I may throw a call in.

"Hi, I'm the lad who told everyone about the January sale....."

Oh, you're on top of their list of enemies. In fact, they'll probably bill you the excess amount for each pen :D:D:P

Seriously tho, that's a ridiculous amount of time to wait for any order.

I've had orders that have come from Japan in a quicker time than that. You should definitely get in touch with them

• Registered Users Posts: 16,003 ✭✭✭✭event

Lads I would be opening PayPal cases, dont even contact Cross. You'll get your money back that way

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭Diziet

When I contacted Cross I got a very quick and very polite reply, and they refunded promptly.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

I contacted cross 3 times and got no response, didn’t get a refund until I opened a PayPal case.

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭Cetyl Palmitate

I sent 2 mails in total. Both were replied to within a few days.
    Order has since been delivered.
    I ordered on Jan 1 and used 1 code.

It does seem a bit amateurish and disorganised but you will get money back or get your order it seems.

• Advertisement

So I finally got my pen today with a nice little journal too. Happy out!

Don't care what anyone says, they're lovely to write with.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

My Cross order didn't work out but I did end up getting a bargain and a nice pen here (found on FB): http://pensoftheforest.co.uk/sale-slimballpointpens/index.html

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Old Jim

5 months to the day since ordering, my package arrived today!
    Product boxes were damaged but the products themselves look decent.
    Customer service is pretty dismal though.
    Thanks OP..... I think:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,255 ✭✭✭Shlippery

Old Jim wrote: »

jesus, you gave me a fright, I thought you were about to post a mad code and I was going to be left with no other option but to buy another rake of unnecessary pens. The Amazon bargain threads is bad enough!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,842 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

The thread that wouldn’t die……:D

You're welcome.

It was a bit of a craic all the same.

Did they throw in the journal/notebook?

So.....who's keeping an eye out on their emails???

• Registered Users Posts: 16,003 ✭✭✭✭event

• Advertisement

Advertisement