Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 16 Matchday Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Fitz* wrote: »
    SHU have a number of positives but their game is going ahead tonight.

I think the issue with City was when they received news that their players/staff were positive - from reading reports it appears that they were all together - hence their bubble was breached. Although a West Ham game was similar when Moyes and someone else tested positive an hour before the game and it still went ahead.

If Sheffield united on the other hand got the results yesterday, their bubble may not have the same level of breaches.

Also depends who has it etc, if for instance for city - if it was the physio or the Masseuse who tested positive and found out after treating a number of players - then it's understandable to cancel the game.

Having games so close after xmas was probably asking for trouble - footballers are generally not the smartest and will probably let their guard down.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,489 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Ace2007 wrote: »
    I think the issue with City was when they received news that their players/staff were positive - from reading reports it appears that they were all together - hence their bubble was breached. Although a West Ham game was similar when Moyes and someone else tested positive an hour before the game and it still went ahead.

If Sheffield united on the other hand got the results yesterday, their bubble may not have the same level of breaches.

Also depends who has it etc, if for instance for city - if it was the physio or the Masseuse who tested positive and found out after treating a number of players - then it's understandable to cancel the game.

Having games so close after xmas was probably asking for trouble - footballers are generally not the smartest and will probably let their guard down.

The Brazilian Christmas party didn't help things either. Both at Man City but now also at external clubs.

Ederson, Cancelo, Jesus, Torres, Gabriel, William, David Luiz, Vinicius & Lucas Moura all either tested positive or unavailable. All were in London last week overnight.

Man City are blaming the outbreak on an overnight stay in a London hotel but given the track record of Man City player breaches, I think they should be looking at their players instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,427 ✭✭✭✭siblers

I Expect absolute carnage at 5pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,695 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Twitter alive with rumours of a 2 week break from football due to the outbreaks in England.

dahat wrote: »
    Twitter alive with rumours of a 2 week break from football due to the outbreaks in England.

Yea i had thought about that - especially with the large numbers in hospitals and back logs - back to the early days of March.

wonder would the powers to be in the FF towers be given out free chips then

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,191 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

dahat wrote: »

I'd say they'll finish this week ... maybe the weekend, and then take a break.

Record UK numbers today too.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,236 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Bamford starts.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,427 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Coufal benched. Soucek starts

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭A Law

No changes for Leeds

• Registered Users Posts: 36,191 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Ings starts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Rumours after the deadline don't matter anyway.

Not sure why people bother with them.

I already picked my team and captain.

Nothing will change, unless you play that sky game where you can change things after the deadline.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

Bowen benched ffs

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭A Law

Auba in for laca

Balbuena has been a disaster for me - since bringing him in - he has been dropped/injured out of the blue twice and not even in the squad to night - sigh.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

9 players for me now...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭Happy4all

Coufal benched

Brewster starts too.

2 points incoming!

wonski wrote: »
    Rumours after the deadline don't matter anyway.

Not sure why people bother with them.

I already picked my team and captain.

Nothing will change, unless you play that sky game where you can change things after the deadline.

I think a few on here do play the sky game - there is an active tread.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,489 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Down to a max of 8 players! Maybe 9 if Coufal comes on for 1 point.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,084 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

So anyone gonna post the teams then?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,121 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Welbeck on the bench for those that have him.

WBAFC XI: Johnstone, Furlong, Ajayi, O'Shea, Gibbs, Gallagher, Sawyers, Robinson, Phillips, Diangana, Grant

#LUFC XI: Meslier, Dallas, Ayling, Struijk, Alioski, Phillips, Klich, Harrison, Rodrigo, Raphina, Bamford

SaintsFC XI: McCarthy, Walker-Peters, Stephens, Bednarek, Bertrand, Ward-Prowse, Romeu, Walcott, Djenepo, Ings, Adams

#WHUFC XI: Fabianski, Fredericks, Dawson, Ogbonna, Cresswell, Rice, Soucek, Fornals, Lanzini, Yarmolenko, Haller

BurnleyFC XI: Pope, Lowton, Tarkowski, Mee, Taylor, Pieters, Brownhill, Brady, Westwood, Barnes, Wood

#SUFC XI: Ramsdale, Baldock, Ampadu, Egan, Stevens, Robinson, Basham, Osborn, Mousset, McGoldrick, Brewster

ArsenalFC XI: Leno, Bellerin, Holding, Mari, Tierney, Elneny, Xhaka, Smith Rowe, Martinelli, Saka, Aubameyang

#BHAFC XI: Sanchez, Veltman, Webster, Dunk, Burn, Bernardo, Bissouma, Propper, Gross, Jahanbakhsh, Mac Allister

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭joeyboy11

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Balbuena has been a disaster for me - since bringing him in - he has been dropped/injured out of the blue twice and not even in the squad to night - sigh.

I was thinking of bringing him in for cancelo for the double gw 19 but I’m not so sure now. Could be better off just keeping Cancelo

Brighton: Sanchez; Burn, Dunk, Webster; Bernardo, Propper, Bissouma, Veltman; Mac Allister, Gross; Jahanbakhsh.

Arsenal: Leno; Tierney, Mari, Holding, Bellerin; Xhaka, Elneny; Martinelli, Smith-Rowe, Saka; Aubameyang.

Burnley: Pope; Taylor, Mee, Tarkowski, Lowton; Pieters, Westwood, Brownhill, Brady; Wood, Barnes.

Sheffield United: Ramsdale; Robinson, Egan, Basham; Stevens, Osborn, Ampadu, Baldock; McGoldrick, Mousset, Brewster.

Southampton: A McCarthy; Bertrand, Bednarek, J Stephens, Walker-Peters; Walcott, Romeu, Ward-Prowse, Djenepo; Adams, Ings.

West Ham: Fabianski; Cresswell, Ogbonna, Dawson, Fredericks; Rice, Soucek; Fornals, Lanzini, Yarmolenko; Haller.

West Brom: Johnstone; Gibbs, Ajayi, O'Shea, Furlong; Diangana, Gallagher, Sawyers, M Phillips; C Robinson, Grant.

Leeds: Meslier; Alioski, Ayling, Struijk, Dallas; K Phillips; Harrison, Klich, Rodrigo, Raphinha; Bamford.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,084 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Brewster, this is your time to shine man!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Shanee.

Coufal ffs

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Bowen benched ffs

Been a waste of a spot for me last few weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

Was hoping lamptey would rise from the dead.

Jim Gazebo wrote: »
    Was hoping lamptey would rise from the dead.

Not even on the bench unfortunately.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,666 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Jaysus....down to the bare bones now with Vlad and Wellbz benched.

Hopefully they come on for devastating cameos at some point

Advertisement