Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 16 Matchday Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

I can't remember how the price changes work. I have DCL and can sell for 7.6M (current value 8M). If he drops 0.1M this evening how do I know whether he'll drop 0.1M in my selling price again?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

siblers wrote: »
    Owning Grealish is becoming a bit of a pain

Yeah tempted to move him on instead of Targett if Rashford shows anything tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭eggy81

11 blanks out of last 14 players. Joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

keane2097 wrote: »
    I can't remember how the price changes work. I have DCL and can sell for 7.6M (current value 8M). If he drops 0.1M this evening how do I know whether he'll drop 0.1M in my selling price again?

Change the look on the transfer page to list view (instead of pitch view).
    You'll be able to see your purchase price and sale price.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,121 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Depends how much you bought him for. If you paid 7.2 for him and he goes down to 7.9 then your resale will drop to 7.5.

For every .2 that his price rises since buying you get .1 added to the price you paid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

ElTel wrote: »
    Change the look on the transfer page to list view (instead of pitch view).
    You'll be able to see your purchase price and sale price.
    Depends how much you bought him for. If you paid 7.2 for him and he goes down to 7.9 then your resale will drop to 7.5.

For every .2 that his price rises since buying you get .1 added to the price you paid.

Thanks chaps. I bought for 7.2M so I would lose value alright, will have to make a decision this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Newbie20

“Ain’t nobody
    Like El Gazhi...”

5 in 5. Owned by 1.9%.

And no, I’m not one of them.

I am one! (for the last 2 gameweeks for Grealish) For once a move that I don’t regret!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Grealish has 36 points in the 8 gameweeks since El Ghazi has featured.

El Ghazi in the 8 gameweeks he's played

----

It is definitely a worthy discussion given the price difference and the points difference

• Registered Users Posts: 8,653 ✭✭✭shmeee

Thanks chaps. I bought for 7.2M so I would lose value alright, will have to make a decision this evening.

May have a DGW in 19 yet. Fixtures starting to pile up now.

He may or may not drop tonight, very tight.

If you'd any lee-way I'd hold, fixtures ain't too bad once tonight's game was off.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Statement from Everton:

"Everton Football Club regret the postponement of tonight’s match against Manchester City - not only for the 2,000 fans who would have been attending, but for supporters on Merseyside and across the world.

Our players were prepared for the game, as were both the team staff and everyone at Goodison. Matchday is the most important date in our calendar. And this was a big one.

Whilst Everton will always have public safety uppermost, we will be requesting full disclosure of all the information that Manchester City provided to the Premier League so the Club can be clear on why this decision was taken."

Don't sound happy...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Grealish has 36 points in the 8 gameweeks since El Ghazi has featured.

El Ghazi in the 8 gameweeks he's played

----

It is definitely a worthy discussion given the price difference and the points difference

Grealish handing him penalties has helped his cause a lot

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Grealish handing him penalties has helped his cause a lot

But doesn't that even make it more of a discussion? Wasn't Watkins on Pens before?

But doesn't that even make it more of a discussion? Wasn't Watkins on Pens before?

If you have a transfer to burn then yes.

But Villa are good this year and will always score. I have Grealish and want Watkins, both will play every week. El Ghazi is one bad game away from being dropped.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭eggy81

But Villa are good this year and will always score. I have Grealish and want Watkins, both will play every week. El Ghazi is one bad game away from being dropped.

Watkins blanked 5 weeks running before his triple assist the other day. Bamford and Wilson better options I think.

eggy81 wrote: »
    Watkins blanked 5 weeks running before his triple assist the other day. Bamford and Wilson better options I think.

I just feel he will click at some stage, have Bamford and DCL. If I go for a third striker i would go Watkins over Adama/Wilson.

In any case Grealish will outscore ElGhazi to seasons end, he might not over next 5 games.

I just feel he will click at some stage, have Bamford and DCL. If I go for a third striker i would go Watkins over Adama/Wilson.

In any case Grealish will outscore ElGhazi to seasons end, he might not over next 5 games.

But that doesn't make him a better option right now. Then you're getting into 'season keeper' discussions

Difficulty I find with Grealish is due to his price he has to start. With El Ghazi you can bench him because of his price and wouldn't feel as bad. I was on the wrong end of benching Grealish one time

Just fiddling around and I could get a team of( Not looking at fixtures or anything just an overall perspective)

McCarthy
    Taylor Dallas Dier Chillwell Coufal
    El Ghazi Salah KDB Bruno Son
    Wilson Bamford Brewster

He essentially frees up 2.1M with similar returns and a decent bench option although could always get Soucek then to free up more funds etc.

But that doesn't make him a better option right now. Then you're getting into 'season keeper' discussions

Difficulty I find with Grealish is due to his price he has to start. With El Ghazi you can bench him because of his price and wouldn't feel as bad. I was on the wrong end of benching Grealish one time

Just fiddling around and I could get a team of( Not looking at fixtures or anything just an overall perspective)

McCarthy
    Taylor Dallas Dier Chillwell Coufal
    El Ghazi Salah KDB Bruno Son
    Wilson Bamford Brewster

He essentially frees up 2.1M with similar returns and a decent bench option although could always get Soucek then to free up more funds etc.

Agree, that's why it's if you can spare the transfer, it's not a bad move. I think you will want Grealish back in at some stage, especially with at least two doubles.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,411 ✭✭✭basillarkin

Trez and barkley back soon so el ghazi despite his recent and very unexpected good form is not someone for the long term. Fighting it out with Trez and traroe for final wide spot imo

Just FYI. I've no intention of getting him in btw someposted they made the move 2 weeks ago which was probably the time to do it.

Think we all missed the bandwagon

• Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭elefant

Grealish costs approx. 7.0m to 7.5m, for those that got in anyway early, and is up there with the best players in the league, for a team that is 6 points from top with a game in hand. He walks all over every single team he comes up against.

Nobody is better value at that price. I hope everyone sells him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,457 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

elefant wrote: »
    Grealish costs approx. 7.0m to 7.5m, for those that got in anyway early, and is up there with the best players in the league, for a team that is 6 points from top with a game in hand. He walks all over every single team he comes up against.

Nobody is better value at that price. I hope everyone sells him.

I think Barkley will be the fella to get when fit. Plus will probably get pens as well.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

Twitter in full panic with rumours today. None that I have found with legit reason

Not posting to scaremonger more so that I don't believe any viable source has claimed that 'Son, Kane & Bamford' are all set to be ''rested''

• Registered Users Posts: 11,236 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Twitter in full panic with rumours today. None that I have found with legit reason

Not posting to scaremonger more so that I don't believe any viable source has claimed that 'Son, Kane & Bamford' are all set to be ''rested''

With any of these rumours and if they are true, I think we'll have to look at the bigger picture.

This gameweek will be a clusterfúck for the vast majority of us, some will get lucky but I think overall it'll be a low scoring gameweek and we'll all be in the same boat.

Can't imagine we'll lost too much ground.

With any of these rumours and if they are true, I think we'll have to look at the bigger picture.

This gameweek will be a clusterfúck for the vast majority of us, some will get lucky but I think overall it'll be a low scoring gameweek and we'll all be in the same boat.

Aye, I'm hoping a sneaky Son rest and he's the obvious transfer for me to go KDB - Son!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭-=al=-

Yea exactly. It should even out of a few of the big guns are rested, especially Son. Son in for KdB was a popular this week

Everyone’s probably gona end up in the same boat

• Registered Users Posts: 12,427 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Moura, Vinicius and Bale aren't available so you'd expect one of Son or Bale to start

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭ngunners

siblers wrote: »
    Moura, Vinicius and Bale aren't available so you'd expect one of Son or Bale to start

Bale is some man if he can start while not available.

Those who are lucky, could make up massive ground by fluke.

Aye, I'm hoping a sneaky Son rest and he's the obvious transfer for me to go KDB - Son!
    -=al=- wrote: »
    Yea exactly. It should even out of a few of the big guns are rested, especially Son. Son in for KdB was a popular this week

Everyone’s probably gona end up in the same boat

If he is I will be driven demented.

I kept Sterling and KDB thinking City getting in gear a bit.
    So I got rid of Zaha and Grealish - for Son and Soucek

Captained Son! If he does not play at all at least I have Salah VC. If he gets a 1 point cameo I am fecked altogether. Will only have 9 players plus Brewster will be lucky to hit 20!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,489 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

SHU have a number of positives but their game is going ahead tonight.

Advertisement