Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Memories of mad stuff that happened on live TV.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,051 ✭✭✭Be right back

The American news reporter and her camera man getting shot dead on live TV would rank high up there.

That was desperate.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,281 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

The American news reporter and her camera man getting shot dead on live TV would rank high up there.

When? What's the story behind that?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,770 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

https://youtu.be/yQ7MqgSEK0I

While I didn't see it at the time, this is truly brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,051 ✭✭✭Be right back

lawred2 wrote: »
    When? What's the story behind that?

A little clip.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,411 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Slash being interviewed by Cat Deeley on the kids morning show one Saturday morning when he started telling her about getting a blow job from a groupie.

Looks like my memory had slightly exaggerated things - see end of this cllip

https://youtu.be/11tBL4Gy1II

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,198 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭Hamsterchops

Oliver Reed and his many drunk appearances on TV chat shows. (The one with Des O'Connor stands out) plus the the last one being in the late 90s, when he appeared on 'The Word' with Terry Christian & Katie Puckrik.

Ollie was totally hammered as per usual, wearing a giant leather jacket and sporting a massive handlebars moustache, brilliant TV

Probably available on YouTube.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭tdf7187

The Heysel riots. Pretty awful, and all of it televised live.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭Ger Roe

The George Best interview on Wogan. He was drunk out of his mind and cut a very sad figure ... while it was mad, it was sad to see what drink had done to him and continued to do until it got him in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,770 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Ger Roe wrote: »
    The George Best interview on Wogan. He was drunk out of his mind and cut a very sad figure ... while it was mad, it was sad to see what drink had done to him and continued to do until it got him in the end.

I remember that. Omar Shareef was on that too and was very gracious as gb hugged and kissed him!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,120 ✭✭✭mtoutlemonde

The one where the Bee Gees left Clive Anderson on his own after taking exception to something he said.
    https://youtu.be/VHa6vYq6Nyk

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭Hamsterchops

That wasn't Parky, it was Clive Anderson wasn't it...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Samsonsmasher

Jack Black was being interviewed by Ryan Tubridy when he was his usual fun casual self promoting a pretty forgettable version of Gulliver and he started asking penetrating questions about Black's childhood. Black asked "Is this therapy?!" Tubridy looked mortified like he wanted the ground to open up and swallow him.
    Jaw dropping cringe inducing stuff!

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭JeffreyEpspeen

I saw the second plane hit the twin towers on 9/11 live on Sky News, which is weird because it happened in the early afternoon and I should've been in school. 1st year of secondary school and I was already dossing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

https://youtu.be/yQ7MqgSEK0I

While I didn't see it at the time, this is truly brilliant.

Jesus he had some dose of the fear the next day I'd say :D

This. What was Rabbitte thinking? Shame on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2sioK9Fcek&t=3s

• Registered Users Posts: 7,698 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

Jack Black was being interviewed by Ryan Tubridy when he was his usual fun casual self promoting a pretty forgettable version of Gulliver and he started asking penetrating questions about Black's childhood. Black asked "Is this therapy?!" Tubridy looked mortified like he wanted the ground to open up and swallow him.
    Jaw dropping cringe inducing stuff!

More people need to do this. Tubs was interviewing Bruce Springsteen a while ago and asked - "Bruce, do you love America?". F off tubridy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Parabellum9

• Registered Users Posts: 2,120 ✭✭✭mtoutlemonde

That wasn't Parky, it was Clive Anderson wasn't it...

Yeah - I changed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,717 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

vriesmays wrote: »

Saw them in the RDS, opening performance on The Children Of The Night tour. Sponsored by Ultrabrite toothpaste. October 1987. Great band.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭tobeme2020

I read about that and apparently he didn't actually die in the live footage, just collapsed. He died a few hours later in the hospital.

He died on stage. You can hear the death rattle.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,378 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Only saw this on youtube but here is an interview that Halle Berry did some time in the early 2000s. Howie Mandel makes a joke about a hit and run Berry was involved with and Berry calls him out for it.

The sad part is, Berry committed a serious criminal offense and is acting like a victim here. Mandel apologizes to her for the joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,895 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

Tom Brennand storming off Kenny Live (and slinking back on again) when being grilled about his badly received book on Eamon Andrews by a young Miriam O Callaghan.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭olestoepoke

I remember watching the royal variety show I think it was when Tommy Cooper died on stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,433 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

Riddle101 wrote: »
    Only saw this on youtube but here is an interview that Halle Berry did some time in the early 2000s. Howie Mandel makes a joke about a hit and run Berry was involved with and Berry calls him out for it.

The sad part is, Berry committed a serious criminal offense and is acting like a victim here. Mandel apologizes to her for the joke.

[YOUTUBJdY6HxIORBo[/YOUTUBE]

I read about that recently. She's a wagon

• Registered Users Posts: 51,497 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

P. Flynn on the LLS and Sean Gallagher (brown envelope) on the Presidential Election debate. Two class bits of live tv.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

Tom Brennand storming off Kenny Live (and slinking back on again) when being grilled about his badly received book on Eamon Andrews by a young Miriam O Callaghan.

what did he write ?

Andrews was a sort of patron saint in this country , Gay Byrne slobbered all over him down the years

perhaps he wasnt so saintly ?

no idea , just asking ?

The time Derek Davis had an English female wrestler as a guest on his live chat show Davis At Large in 1985. I think he was getting her to demonstrate some of her moves and she got him in a headlock. He was down on his knees waving his arms about and couldnt speak as she was covering his mouth with her hand. Two backstage guys ran onset and pulled her away from him to which she started shouting "nobody touches me" and pushed or threw one of them into the set them kicked him or the other guy on the ground. At this stage Derek could be seen with a nosebleed holding a handkerchief up to his face. It was the talk of the schoolyard the next day.

Reminds me of Hogan doing similar.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Riddle101 wrote: »

I never heard about that hit and run before. She is flashing the smile a lot there but her eyes look like she is really angry.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭Freejin

Not sure if I imagined this, but does anybody recall an episode of the Den ( with Darcy I think) where they had a duo in playing live music where one of the guys in the band smashed his guitar around the studio and walked off?

Advertisement