Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Superquinn sausages no longer taste as nice

Options
123457»

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 20,775 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

rubadub wrote: »
    Yes, I do "smash burgers", where you press it down into an uncoated cast iron or carbon steel pan. It sticks to the pan and you have to scrape it to release it. The majority of the "gourmet" burger joints do it like this, like bunsen, wowburger. The mince I use is usually 18% fat so more than enough fat comes out for it to cook in. I use a carbon steel wok, the high sides mean it catches spatter, it also heats up way quicker than my cast iron pan.

There is a good old thread with lots of ideas & videos.
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin//showthread.php?t=2057730922

Sound. I’ve mulling buying a plancha to try this on he bbq.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 60 ✭✭Follow_ur_lead

I'd be fussy enough but the misses would gobble on any auld sausage.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭lenscap

The Centra Inspired/Supervalu Signature, traditional and Cumberland sausages are made by Aurther Mallon Foods Ltd, Monaghan. Just check the IE number on the back of the pack. Mallons ID is IE406.

IIRC the Superquinn sausages used to be made by Granby, Dublin.

If you want to find out who make what meat product just check the pack IE number and then search Bord Bia website.
    For example, pigmeat, https://www.bordbia.ie/farmers-growers/member-status/scheme-members/pig-member-list/

• Registered Users Posts: 40,814 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

lenscap wrote: »
    The Centra Inspired/Supervalu Signature, traditional and Cumberland sausages are made by Aurther Mallon Foods Ltd, Monaghan. Just check the IE number on the back of the pack. Mallons ID is IE406.

IIRC the Superquinn sausages used to be made by Granby, Dublin.

If you want to find out who make what meat product just check the pack IE number and then search Bord Bia website.
    For example, pigmeat, https://www.bordbia.ie/farmers-growers/member-status/scheme-members/pig-member-list/

Granbys? Were they not made in store by Superquinn themselves.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Zoot1530

Granbys? Were they not made in store by Superquinn themselves.

I know the mix used to come in, put through machine and then tied. didn't know it was Granbys. Interesting

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭jippo nolan

Zoot1530 wrote: »
    I know the mix used to come in, put through machine and then tied. didn't know it was Granbys. Interesting

Granby Sausages were made by “Micky Maulers”

• Registered Users Posts: 3,569 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

Discovered over Christmas - Tesco Finest Cumberland Style Irish pork sausages. Like a super jumbo Superquinn sausage, excellent.

I find the Tesco Finest Hand-tied Irish pork sausages to be the best normal sausage about these days as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,895 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

2ndcoming wrote: »
    Discovered over Christmas - Tesco Finest Cumberland Style Irish pork sausages. Like a super jumbo Superquinn sausage, excellent.

LIDL have nice Cumberland sausages also.
    They can almost work as pork stuffing alongside chicken, turkey, ham joint.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

Advertisement