Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nutters on the bus

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,919 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

petes wrote: »
    Earphones...problem solved.

I use buses about once every two years. Never had the issue the OP is referring to on buses but planes yes.... I’ve had awful luck on planes getting stuck beside yapping people. At least with a bus, maybe have to put up with 15 - 20 minutes... plane could be two hours, longer...it has been. :(

Planes, it happens ...When I was traveling solo for work I try get boarded with priority boarding , get sat down, headphones in, iPad open leaning towards the window, window seat... somebody approaches to sit in the aisle or middle seat, i smile and hi and get on with reading and listening.. somebody wants to ask me something, no problem, ill know within 2 minutes if the person is genuinely looking for help or just after an ear and you as a conversation center to pass the couple of hours....but my general demeanor is ‘ I’m doing something, comfy I’m in my own little world, thanks ‘... especially coming back, where mine and all of us be it from work or a holiday are tired... don’t want the... “ ohhh but I’ve been coming here with the wife for 14 years and the excelsior hotel is much better than that radission... the sort of individual with an answer to a question nobody even asked...

Earphones and phone on the bus, gaze out the window and loose yourself....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭Rubberchikken

Buy earpods or get some tolerance.
    If you're unlucky enough you grow old. It's a bitch.

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭Everlong1

Buy earpods or get some tolerance.
    If you're unlucky enough you grow old. It's a bitch.

If you met me in real life I think you'd be surprised at how tolerant I am, considering the amount of fools I encounter on a regular basis. Like the ones on this thread who are too dim to recognise when someone's having a laugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,313 ✭✭✭AllForIt

I hate it when people say be tolerant or be patient. I mean your not being very tolerant yourself when you tell someone to be tolerant.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

The bus has been tolerable this year. I can get home from work in about 45mins now. Whereas in normal times it would take over an hour and you'll have somebody smelly beside you.

• Advertisement

The bus has been tolerable this year. I can get home from work in about 45mins now. Whereas in normal times it would take over an hour and you'll have somebody smelly beside you.

I can't believe how racist you are sometimes. And on xmas day as well. I hope your sprouts give you so much gas you won't be able fit for trifle.

AllForIt wrote: »
    I can't believe how racist you are sometimes. And on xmas day as well. I hope your sprouts give you so much gas you won't be able fit for trifle.

How does ANYBODY actually eat sprouts? My Ma force fed me on them when I was a kid. They have to be the single most repulsive food on the planet. There's no accounting for taste of course but I genuinely struggle to understand how someone would willingly eat something so vile.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,022 Mod ✭✭✭✭wiggle16

Everlong1 wrote: »
    How does ANYBODY actually eat sprouts? My Ma force fed me on them when I was a kid. They have to be the single most repulsive food on the planet. There's no accounting for taste of course but I genuinely struggle to understand how someone would willingly eat something so vile.

What are you talking about, they're gorgeous. Steamed with loads of salt and white sauce or boiled in the water bacon was boiled in.... gorgeous.

Tell me something you like, i refuse to believe you are this cantankerous :P

wiggle16 wrote: »
    What are you talking about, they're gorgeous. Steamed with loads of salt and white sauce or boiled in the water bacon was boiled in.... gorgeous.

Tell me something you like, i refuse to believe you are this cantankerous :P

I like loads of things, including cute puppies and kittens. I can even tolerate most children.

As far as food is concerned, I love chicken, pasta and most meats. But sprouts? *shudder*

• Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭Jakey Rolling

According to a retired geneticist I was talking to on the bus, there's a gene that determined whether sprouts taste bitter.

100412.2526@compuserve.com

• Advertisement

I like loads of things, including cute puppies and kittens. I can even tolerate most children.

As far as food is concerned, I love chicken, pasta and most meats. But sprouts? *shudder*

I like cute animals too, but I'm slightly compromised by my former life as a butcher.

When people see cute bunnies and ducks and say "D'aawwwwh omg so cute!!" I automatically think "D'aawwwwh, 20 minutes per pound and 20 minutes over at 180c..."

Just re-read that post and realised that, given the propensity for some of the more "challenged" posters on this thread to misinterpret my posts, I should probably state for the record that I don't actually eat puppies, kittens, or children (not knowingly anyway.)

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Ekerot

Is this sh*t thread still going on?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Ekerot wrote: »

It has as much to do about fruits on a bus as a fish in a kettle

How droll

Irony isn't your long suit is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Ekerot

It usually is but's it's Christmas day so....

• Registered Users Posts: 15,702 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

When I used the bus often to go up to Dublin there was this old fella on it and I used to dread the sight of him because he smelled of a thousand cigs. I mean he could be sitting two seats in front or behind you and it was still terrible but beside you was the worst. I might as we have been smoking when he sat beside me. Really would it have been hard for him to chew some gum and spray himself or even his clothes with some deodorant? Anyway I got the feeling he was not liked by many on the bus.

Long suit?

No, I take a medium.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,342 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

Overnight trip on a greyhound in the US..nutter central

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

rossie1977 wrote: »
    Overnight trip on a greyhound in the US..nutter central

where are you headin?

I lost my virginity in Gulfport to a maid called Elaine, she was very kind. She had the softest eyes, pure brown and her hair was so clean. I kissed her for hours. She let me in eventually, it was a beautiful long night. I will never forget her.

I keep smelling schweet cinnamon , with the bitterness of lime. Crikey she was one of the best rides I ever had thinking about it now, what an angel.

Spuds are vile but the mases eat them after deep frying them.

AllForIt wrote: »
    Spuds are vile but the mases eat them after deep frying them.

will you stop potatoes are not vile. You’re eating them wrong if you don’t like them.

Eat them properly!

/s

Advertisement